IGNORED

Stephane M'bia

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest efctaxi

African nation player for Cameroon ?

Can we afford to have too many African players in our first team when the tournament comes around ?

M'Bia has been fantastic this year. He has a questionable character and could use us as a stepping stone, but his talent is undoubted. I'm not sure that he is what our team needs though. We already have plenty of bodies in the centre of the park. I think we need to invest elsewhere before looking at M'Bia and the like.

• 2 weeks later...
M'Bia has been fantastic this year. He has a questionable character and could use us as a stepping stone, but his talent is undoubted. I'm not sure that he is what our team needs though. We already have plenty of bodies in the centre of the park. I think we need to invest elsewhere before looking at M'Bia and the like.

Sort of agree but then also disagree. You're right in saying that we have many bodies in the centre (too many I think) and I think we need to urgently address the wings and creative options. However, if you consider the fact that we lack an out-and-out defensive mid after the loss of Cars then I think it still need addressing this window. Neville's age and Hibbert's averageness means, for me at least, that we need a new player to fill the slot and move Neville back to RB. It may take a season or so for a new DM to get up to speed with the prem and I think it's worthwhile investing now so that they have a bit of time with Pip before he's done for good.

Sort of agree but then also disagree. You're right in saying that we have many bodies in the centre (too many I think) and I think we need to urgently address the wings and creative options. However, if you consider the fact that we lack an out-and-out defensive mid after the loss of Cars then I think it still need addressing this window. Neville's age and Hibbert's averageness means, for me at least, that we need a new player to fill the slot and move Neville back to RB. It may take a season or so for a new DM to get up to speed with the prem and I think it's worthwhile investing now so that they have a bit of time with Pip before he's done for good.

I see what you mean, its just the problem of funding. if we could afford him along with bringing in the attacking options then i'd be all for it, but I very much doubt that we can. I feel that from this season we have been strong defesivly but weak in attack, therefore that is where we need to strengthen. Neville will need to be replaced but I think that next year he will still be as strong in midfield as he has this year. As for hibbert and the right back situation, well im of the opinion that we should sign Jacobson on a new deal and give him a run. I have been impressed when I've seen him, he even got Osman more involved on the right. He is not perfect but he is better than Hibbert.

I would like Jacobsen to be here next season, he has proved to be a brilliant player and has done a better job than Tony Hibbert at the back. Bayerm Munich want him though so he will more than likely join them. My opinions are the same as this post:

I see what you mean, its just the problem of funding. if we could afford him along with bringing in the attacking options then i'd be all for it, but I very much doubt that we can. I feel that from this season we have been strong defesivly but weak in attack, therefore that is where we need to strengthen. Neville will need to be replaced but I think that next year he will still be as strong in midfield as he has this year. As for hibbert and the right back situation, well im of the opinion that we should sign Jacobson on a new deal and give him a run. I have been impressed when I've seen him, he even got Osman more involved on the right. He is not perfect but he is better than Hibbert.

Guest efctaxi
I would like Jacobsen to be here next season, he has proved to be a brilliant player and has done a better job than Tony Hibbert at the back. Bayerm Munich want him though so he will more than likely join them. My opinions are the same as this post:

I don't know how people can dismiss Hibbert so much by saying Jacobsen has done a better job ?

Hibbert has had an excellent season overall , and though I want Jacobsen to stay , he may be our future right back , but hasn't yet earned the right to bench Hibbert .

im not too sure what everyone sees in jacobson, hes been decent, but ive not seen anything in him to make me think hes a better option than hibbert or nevile. and frankly, if he was, why did it take so long for him to get in the side after he got fit again.

for me, squad player at best.

Guest efctaxi
I'm under no illusions that he is a quality player, but he is better at RB than Hibbert. He is alot more composed on the ball and also is more willing to get forwards. He aint perfect but he's better than Hibbert.

Ask yourself how many times has he played ?

How can you judge a player in such a short time ?

Castillo's first game won him man of the match , followed by dire performances , followed by decent performances ( all too late ) .

Hibbert is quick , and very experienced , and on his day as good as most .

Let's not start bashing the guy , as he doesn't deserve it this season . Our longest serving player btw .

Well i'm just going on what i've seen. Jacobson in the few games that he has played has looked good, especially in the game against Chelsea. I now that Hibbert is our longest serving player but there is no room for sentiment if we look for success. Hibbert looks a liabilty at the moment and I would much prefer Jacobson to stand in. This is from the form that both players are currently showing. Hibbert has had a better season but he's really gone off the boil recently.

If you look at some of Hibbert's performances from earlier this season, he looked completely out of his depth - panicking everytime an attacker came near him. He's got a lot better since then, but still, he's not that great at getting forward- especially when you compare to what Baines does when he gets forward. Also Jacobsen, looks a lot neater on the ball, more composed and not a bad end product when he does get forward. We should definitely get Lars on at least another year's contract, maybe two, and give him a good run of games. Our priority, without a shadow of a doubt is to get an attacking winger. Than have a look at what else we can do with what funds and players we have available.

I don't think we'll get this M'Bia guy, he seems a little too big headed for Everton, and I think we've got his position covered.

and though I want Jacobsen to stay , he may be our future right back ,

come september wont he be 30? getting on a bit to be our future RB isn't he

saying that i'd like to keep him for another season, if nothing more than having competition for places

Lars was born in 1979 on 20th September. That means that like dmac said he will be 30 next time he blows the candles out. I would like to see him given another year at the club because he has shown some good play in his game. He is the first choice for the Danish team so it seems only fair that he would do a good job with us. Tony Hibbert is doing a good job when he's on top of his game its just a shame that we rarely see that. IMO we should be aiming to keep hold of Lars.

Jacobsen > Hibbert

And just for everyone to know their ages.

Jacobsen: 29

Hibbert: 28

M'Bia: 22

Guest efctaxi
come september wont he be 30? getting on a bit to be our future RB isn't he

saying that i'd like to keep him for another season, if nothing more than having competition for places

By future , I'm talking about if he gets offered a contract .

Lars was born in 1979 on 20th September. That means that like dmac said he will be 30 next time he blows the candles out. I would like to see him given another year at the club because he has shown some good play in his game. He is the first choice for the Danish team so it seems only fair that he would do a good job with us. Tony Hibbert is doing a good job when he's on top of his game its just a shame that we rarely see that. IMO we should be aiming to keep hold of Lars.

Jacobsen > Hibbert

And just for everyone to know their ages.

Jacobsen: 29

Hibbert: 28

M'Bia: 22

Yobo is the same age as Jacobsen .

Howard is 30 .

Cahill nearly 30

Neville is 32

Saha nearly 31

Should we cash in on these players while the iron is hot ?

By future , I'm talking about if he gets offered a contract .

Yobo is the same age as Jacobsen .

Howard is 30 .

Cahill nearly 30

Neville is 32

Saha nearly 31

Should we cash in on these players while the iron is hot ?

Yobo - quick for his age and if he keeps up his fitness I can see him pushing out another 4 years.

Howard - He's a GK and is still very fit, look at Schwarzer and he's in the later stages of age.

Cahill - Definitely cash him in as he is becoming slower but he is very loyal to the club and I don't think we'd get as much as we'd want for him.

Neville - He'll retire at Everton and become a coach, even so no one would really pay a reasonable amount. May aswell keep him happy and keep things easy.

Saha - Would get very little money.

In my opinion we should let the above remain at Everton as they are nearing retirement and wouldn't get much money anyway. One person which may be cashed in is Arteta who is 27 - he's in his prime and has a good 5 years left in him, I can see bids going over 20 million for him.

I do think Fellaini is the replacement for Cahill though and Saha is easily replaced.

Yobo - quick for his age and if he keeps up his fitness I can see him pushing out another 4 years.

Howard - He's a GK and is still very fit, look at Schwarzer and he's in the later stages of age.

Cahill - Definitely cash him in as he is becoming slower but he is very loyal to the club and I don't think we'd get as much as we'd want for him.

Neville - He'll retire at Everton and become a coach, even so no one would really pay a reasonable amount. May aswell keep him happy and keep things easy.

Saha - Would get very little money.

In my opinion we should let the above remain at Everton as they are nearing retirement and wouldn't get much money anyway. One person which may be cashed in is Arteta who is 27 - he's in his prime and has a good 5 years left in him, I can see bids going over 20 million for him.

I do think Fellaini is the replacement for Cahill though and Saha is easily replaced.

Selling Cahill would be a foolish move. If Moyes sold him I think I might punch him in the face. Just becasue a player is getting on it doesn't mean that we need to "cash in". IMO alot of players move to Everton as a career move, not a money move, and a career is what they will then forge, staying with us for the long haul. Cahill loves Everton, we love Cahill. Selling him is not an option.

Selling Cahill would be a foolish move. If Moyes sold him I think I might punch him in the face. Just becasue a player is getting on it doesn't mean that we need to "cash in". IMO alot of players move to Everton as a career move, not a money move, and a career is what they will then forge, staying with us for the long haul. Cahill loves Everton, we love Cahill. Selling him is not an option.

absolutley agree :D

..... One person which may be cashed in is Arteta who is 27 - he's in his prime and has a good 5 years left in him, I can see bids going over 20 million for him.

I can't see us selling Arteta this summer, and even if we did, I don't think we'd see anywhere near 20mil for him, considering he's recovering from a serious injury. However, I can see him staying here for one more season, before going back to Spain.

Touche`

I change my opinion.

Guest efctaxi
Well i'm just going on what i've seen. Jacobson in the few games that he has played has looked good, especially in the game against Chelsea. I now that Hibbert is our longest serving player but there is no room for sentiment if we look for success. Hibbert looks a liabilty at the moment and I would much prefer Jacobson to stand in. This is from the form that both players are currently showing. Hibbert has had a better season but he's really gone off the boil recently.

Do I hear a little sentiment creeping in Jamie ? :lol:

Cahill brings a lot to the team psychologically , as does Nevilles leadership , and I would be happy for them both to stay long term , regardless of whether they keep their place or not . Unlike some , I would also be happy for Hibbert to stay in the squad .

I also agree with the career thing .

We are not a club who uses players before throwing them away , if those players give 100% to the club , or at least not in the fans eyes .

Saha is worth another season on the bench just incase , and for me , Yobo is still a great player , as is Howard .

Do I hear a little sentiment creeping in Jamie ? :lol:

Cahill brings a lot to the team psychologically , as does Nevilles leadership , and I would be happy for them both to stay long term , regardless of whether they keep their place or not . Unlike some , I would also be happy for Hibbert to stay in the squad .

I also agree with the career thing .

We are not a club who uses players before throwing them away , if those players give 100% to the club , or at least not in the fans eyes .

Saha is worth another season on the bench just incase , and for me , Yobo is still a great player , as is Howard .

Sentiment and logic are different ;)

cahill in a 4-4-2 doesn't work, but in our usual 4-5-1 he's one of our most important players and since arteta was out he's been asked to play deeper, which is something he's really been unable to do in the past, and he's stepped up. cahill isn't done yet and having a player like that with that much determination to do well and genuine dedication to the club is priceless. what would we possibly gain from selling him? we wouldn't get that much now because of his age. he's twice the player fellaini is, and still one of the first names on the team sheet.

Sell Cahill has someone been at the crack pipe again? There are a few players in our team who are missed when theyre injured/suspended and Cahill is one of them! Hes played all over the place this year so maybe thats why we havent seen the best of him! Whose our top scorer this season ..........

Well said Jamie, selling Cahill would just be a really lame move. Moyes would get the sack just on that decision :lol: just because a player gets old dosen't mean they are not good enough for the game. Look at Teddy Sheringham for a prime example. We should not cash in on Cahill as he is vital to our squad. Tim Cahill is just older than Arteta, two years in fact, does that mean two years down the line we will 'cash in' on him too? No. Keep the best to be the best.