IGNORED

Stephane M'bia

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blueboy122

i think we do need this player more than the young portugese fella. but i think a better cm pairing would maybe be johnson and mouthinio or would we get over ran?

So it seems despite the doom and gloom thats 3 v good reports today on us taking part in this funny old transfer market...

Ochoa

Mbia

Mountino

I wonder what Big Bill will get slated for next then?????

Dont believe everything you read in the paper, wasnt that your answer to rumours of unrest. So untill players are brought in, we'll have to wait and see, and not take some rumour from the media as a done deal.

I have been trying to get some insider info on this one all evening. My girlfriend is from Rennes, and her best friend is an ex girlfriend of M'bia. Between them the two girls know little about football, but i have managed to get a small amount of info. Man U were sniffing around him about 6 weeks ago. And this is the important one, he is currently in China (Olympic duty) so I doubt it's going to be a transfer that is resolved soon, if at all. I'm trying to persuade the girls to dig a bit deeper. i will keep you posted.

I have been trying to get some insider info on this one all evening. My girlfriend is from Rennes, and her best friend is an ex girlfriend of M'bia. Between them the two girls know little about football, but i have managed to get a small amount of info. Man U were sniffing around him about 6 weeks ago. And this is the important one, he is currently in China (Olympic duty) so I doubt it's going to be a transfer that is resolved soon, if at all. I'm trying to persuade the girls to dig a bit deeper. i will keep you posted.

Good man

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics/f...all/7528579.stm

It appears M'bia is indeed in Beijing with Cameroon. He was also part of the Cameroon side who won gold at Sydney 2000.

you sure? that cant be possible.. it says he was born in 1986, in 2000 he would have been 14 and playing in the olympics, no doubt he is quality but seems a bit too much for a 14 year old

You guys are not falling for this are you??????

Bul$%*t

You guys are not falling for this are you??????

Bul$%*t

absolutely 100% genuine. I knew if I posted, someone would react that way, and to be honest I thought twice about posting because of it. My girlfriends Grandparents live within spitting distance of Stade Rennais home ground on the Route de Lorient, so i have a passing interest. M'bia's ex works at a branch of the Credit Mutual de Bretagne, the bank M'bia banks at. She's known him since he moved to Rennes in 2004 to play for the B team. They are still friends and they still talk. When I visited Brittany about 6 weeks ago i was told about the Man U interest. The girl in question was asking all about Manchester as a place to live. My girlfriend and her mate were very excited about the possibility of both living in England. if i hear any more, maybe i will let those of you who are interested know.

My friend from france has given me another update on this (just top clarify this is not "insider info" just a friend living in france who likes football, nothing more nothing less)

Well anyway, he has told me that Rennes have just signed a new DM and another defender, possibly paving the way for M'Bia to leave the club. Read into it what you willl but it seems to me that it could nowbe easier to pick him up.

He has also told me that french press are reporting we are closer to the signing of him, havn't got a link or anything though, sorry. I'm waiting to here back from him then ill update.

I've never seen this guy play or anything either, but I really don't want us to sign him.

I can't rationalise it, but for some reason I just think of Nyarko and Djemba-Djemba when he's mentioned.

If we do sign him and he turns out like Essien though, I'll quite happiy eat my words!

I know that most of you are sceptical about anything i might have to say on this fella, but i did message Romey 1878 the other day telling what little I knew of his character, and the fact that he was negative towards the prospect of leaving Rennes. From what I have heard, he's a young 22 year old, with concerns i would image a lot of professionals in their early career would have about being being good enough. Yes I know he is an international and yes I know that if someone wants to pay a lot of money for you it shows they have confidence in you. The fact is that he is settled in Rennes and at Stade Rennais. The club have no need to sell, (a very wealthy owner), and the fans love him. He is in a position where he doesn't have to make any choices right now.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8...3948346,00.html

He added in L'Equipe: "I want to leave Rennes.

Everton are offering me 1.5 million euros a year - Rennes could never offer me that much.

"I owe everything to Rennes, my formative club. But they must understand me. In Africa, I have a family to feed. And I am very ambitious.

"Everton are a very established club in the Premier League, managed by David Moyes, a coach who puts trust in youngsters.

"I have spoken to him on the phone. He wanted to invite me to visit the club. I hadn't the time to do it."