IGNORED

Stephane M'bia

Love the fact he is now saying that he will stay if Rennes match the offer that Everton are offering.

Seems to me he just using us to get his wages increased and I agree with DM. If we wants to join us put in a transfer request.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arsenal doing the dirty!!!! The Gunners are rumoured to be highly interested in the services of Rennes Cameroon international Stephane Mbia, strongly linked to Everton as well, and sending Djourou to Brittany could help this transfer happen.

Link: http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Foo...g-Gunners-exit/

Edited by Mikels Left Tezzer

So thats what £9m? The price seems to be going up and up doesn't it! I think he will be a hit in the prem, but this price seems to represent a slight risk. I would still go for it though, we need a decent central midfielder, i think it could be him, plus he wants to play for us (how mercenary that request is however questionable).

I would like him here, guess we'll have to pay the price if we really want him.

I thought " most " fans on here wanted to know every aspect of what was going on..... so I imagine that would be hard

I don't mind the club doing there buisness away from the prying eyes of the media. The problem this transfer window has been that they havn't been doing any buisness, which is why people now are more anxious to know what is going on.

If we had signed even just a handful of players by now then we "fans" wouldn't be clammering and in-fighting over every little piece on any little player

The club wants to maximise the profit on its asset

The player wants to maximise his earning potential

The agent wants to maximise his slice of the pie

If you spend all summer messing clubs about and not meeting their asking price then of course stories come out into the media, agents look to other clubs who may be willing to pay the asking price/ more wages/ more agents fees.

That's how football works nowadays, big business, not signing for your boyhood heroes.

Had we gone in with a barn storming £8-9m bid from the off, they'd have accepted, the player would have digned for £23k per week pre-season and now would be a first team regular.

Instead, Newcastle will offer him £40k per week and it's so long, enjoy the fog on the Tyne to him and welcome Smudger to us :angry:

I agree with Blueblood, This is from this mornings Daily Post .......

Moyes remains confident of signing Cameroon international midfielder Stephane M’bia from French side Rennes and is also focusing energies on augmenting his forward line.

This one before any others is the one to focus on, Carsley has already been missed so why the fook dont they just go in with a bid and get the guy signed up.

Sunderland have signed NINE FOOKIN PLAYERS and we've scratched around for three months and signed ONE free transfer.

FFS GET A BLOODY MOVE ON. :angry:

I agree with Blueblood, This is from this mornings Daily Post .......

Moyes remains confident of signing Cameroon international midfielder Stephane M’bia from French side Rennes and is also focusing energies on augmenting his forward line.

This one before any others is the one to focus on, Carsley has already been missed so why the fook dont they just go in with a bid and get the guy signed up.

Sunderland have signed NINE FOOKIN PLAYERS and we've scratched around for three months and signed ONE free transfer.

FFS GET A BLOODY MOVE ON. :angry:

Who in the club actually sorts the transfers out? I'm presuming its not DM?

Look at the way Tottenham and Sunderland buy players. Takes them about 30 mins!

im still questioning whether he will come or not. im obviously hopeful we can sign him, but at the same time rennes will probably end up hanging on to him.

what really pissed me off today was seeing blackburn have signed vince grella, australian defensive mid signed from fc torino. now i know i probably sound extremely bias being an aussie myself, but i would have loved to have grella play for everton, considering he is fantastic at both club level and is a very important part of the socceroos squad. and for 4 million pounds i dont see why we probably havent even considered him......

I still think we could and should move for Mbia. For one he isn't an out an out defensive midfield player, he is more of a box to box player, like a african carrick (don't know if thats a good thing).

I don't know what to think with everton anymore though, at least we have people coming in now, its a bit scary though that they are all relativly unknown. I'd never heard of Jacobson before and only know about Castillio because of a random game i went to 2 years ago.

Rennes are playing games, plain and simple.

They've already signed a DM to cover for when they sell M'Bia, they'll just think as the clock ticks ever closer to deadline, Moyes will spew his guts and up the offer.

You'd hope that DM was sure about the quality of anyone before spending £10m of our miniscule budget so Prem experience or not, they've got to be amazing!!

That's two in the bag now though... I'd be interested to see if the 2 we've landed where on the original list of 20 that DM gave to BK at the end of last season... somehow me thinks not!!!!