IGNORED

Stephane M'bia

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Everton will want something to kick start some optimism and what better way then unveiling someone before the match against PSV? I expect something big to happen today, some fee agreed or something, just to get the fans going before the match otherwise their will be a VERY negative atmosphere against PSV!

Everton have offered him £25,000 a week and he's made up with that - he said Rennes can only dream of matching that kind of money.

It's interesting.. he comes from some youth club called Kadji Sports Academy in Cameroon. Half of the national side has seemingly come through it. Samuel Eto'o, Éric Djemba Djemba, Benjamin Moukandjo Bilé, Aurélien Chedjou, Carlos Kameni and Georges Mandjeck (Wikipedia is wonderful).

Acording to the Daily Mirror hes wants to sign and by the looks of it is going to sign. If the chairman promised him then I think he will be signing.

"I want to go - the offer from Everton is real - and the club are getting £6million for me," said M'Bia. "Pierre Drossi the Rennes chairman promised me at the end of last season I could go if the right offer came - and it has."

Cameroon where unsurprisingly knocked out of the olympics tonight by brazil, though they did put up a good fight! M'bia looked fairly composed, especially considering as he was man marking Ronaldinho for most of the game!

Anyway, I guess this now means that the M'bia transfer, if it is going to go ahead, should get properlly moving this week. I think he will be our first signature myself.

Cameroon where unsurprisingly knocked out of the olympics tonight by brazil, though they did put up a good fight! M'bia looked fairly composed, especially considering as he was man marking Ronaldinho for most of the game!

Anyway, I guess this now means that the M'bia transfer, if it is going to go ahead, should get properlly moving this week. I think he will be our first signature myself.

I bloody hope he is, a defensive midfielder (a very decent one at that) has to be our priority before the WBA game.

i think he would make a difference. jack done well, but a young lad shouldnt have to carry that burden until he has got more time to settle in, besides, he is still another being played out of position. jack has always been a defender and im pretty sure he'll end up there eventually.

i think he would make a difference. jack done well, but a young lad shouldnt have to carry that burden until he has got more time to settle in, besides, he is still another being played out of position. jack has always been a defender and im pretty sure he'll end up there eventually.

Agreed.

At the minute Rodwell has no one to learn from and that's what a young lad needs, especially one who is playing in a position that isn't familiar to him.