IGNORED

Stephane M'bia

yeah its on sky sport news as well.

They also saying it was a good offer but they keeping him and hoping to give him a new contract.

Also saying he is included in the squad today for a Uefa qualifer so might get an idea if he plays in that (injury depending)

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^^ Well my thoughts are Rennes will play him as a substitute so we loose interest in him.

If thats the case then it could work in our favour. I think we should still sign him anyway because lets face it, we play more domestic games than European games so we still need him. If he does take part then they will only be giving us the upper hand in regards to transfer fee. We could still go in for him but we may get him for the price that we want to pay, rather than the price Rennes want to be paid! :rolleyes:

Stephane Mbia has pleaded with his club Rennes to let him join Arsenal in January after the Gunners failed with a bid for the 22-year-old during the summer as the French club are holding out for £10m. (The Times)

I think this story should just leave a blank in the team name and allow this guy to plead with Rennes to let him leave for anyone that will quadruple his wages! I don't blame him mind, earn what you can, there's no (rarely) loyalty between clubs and overseas players anyway.

He must have got whiff that we only have enough money for one midfielder this year and have already signed him, therefore has moved onto the next interested party.

Stephane Mbia has pleaded with his club Rennes to let him join Arsenal in January after the Gunners failed with a bid for the 22-year-old during the summer as the French club are holding out for £10m. (The Times)

I think this story should just leave a blank in the team name and allow this guy to plead with Rennes to let him leave for anyone that will quadruple his wages! I don't blame him mind, earn what you can, there's no (rarely) loyalty between clubs and overseas players anyway.

He must have got whiff that we only have enough money for one midfielder this year and have already signed him, therefore has moved onto the next interested party.

Rubbish.

It a toss up between Arsenal (Champions League) or Everton (UEFA Cup) for a money hungry (apparently to feed his family... don't we all) footballer. I don't think it is a case he got a whiff of our finances unless his agent passed him our Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet and Cash flow statements.

There are a lot of money grabbers, and I can't condem it.

If a rival company to mine offered me more money for the same job, I am pretty sure I would be interested. Footballers are the same. (A lot better paid than me admittedly)

Besides being a money grabber does not make you a bad player.

There are a lot of money grabbers, and I can't condem it.

If a rival company to mine offered me more money for the same job, I am pretty sure I would be interested. Footballers are the same. (A lot better paid than me admittedly)

Besides being a money grabber does not make you a bad player.

It does show what your mind set is though, for yourself or for the team, do you pass the ball for a tap in or try for glory

• 4 weeks later...