IGNORED

Stephane M'bia

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this guy is injured why the hell haven't we left this deal until the New Year window? His attitude appears to be mercenary which I don't think will sit well with Moyes but yet again we are pissing about trying to sign someone their club don't want to sell. In this case a New Year deal makes far more sense as his contract will only have months to run

We don't want to wait because we need players, Christmas is too late. Anyway, if you read the link i posted just above it looks like it may not go ahead anyway. Rennes are refusing to sell. I really am beginning to lose all hope. I have always thought, don't worry we'll get someone in, but now i really am starting to doubt it!

We don't want to wait because we need players, Christmas is too late. Anyway, if you read the link i posted just above it looks like it may not go ahead anyway. Rennes are refusing to sell. I really am beginning to lose all hope. I have always thought, don't worry we'll get someone in, but now i really am starting to doubt it!

Don't get me wrong, like all blues I'm well aware of what we need but he is injured, a bad injury last I heard so he won't be fit for weeks but we have continue to chase someone who can't kick a ball and that is stupid in my book as well URGENTLY need fit players

Well we don't know the extent of the injury, last I heard is that it wasn't that bad, just a little bit of swelling.

Anyway, doesn't seem to matter anymore. It will become increasingly difficult to get him if Rennes are completly unwilling to let him go.

Thats right, but how would we feel if some one came knocking for one of our unavailable players. We have spent all summer pissing into the wind and I'm pissed off with every announcement coming from the club as none of them add up

Thats right, but how would we feel if some one came knocking for one of our unavailable players. We have spent all summer pissing into the wind and I'm pissed off with every announcement coming from the club as none of them add up

Well take the AJ case, we only ever said, "we have yet to recieve an offer" not "we wil not sell". The two are very very different answers. Its hardly looking hopeful for us at the moment

Well take the AJ case, we only ever said, "we have yet to recieve an offer" not "we wil not sell". The two are very very different answers. Its hardly looking hopeful for us at the moment

We never said no when both Sporting and Rennes have told us to do one

A cynic would say that we have persisted with these bids in the assured knowledge that we don't stand a chance of signing either.....................things are going on at GP that we have not been told about, Moyes and Kenwright are acting like people who couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery and we know they are better than that

We never said no when both Sporting and Rennes have told us to do one

A cynic would say that we have persisted with these bids in the assured knowledge that we don't stand a chance of signing either.....................things are going on at GP that we have not been told about, Moyes and Kenwright are acting like people who couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery and we know they are better than that

But maybe we should have. You need to know when to cut your loses and move on. I agree with what you are saying about about whats going on behind the scenes though. Very bad things seem to be happening to our beloved club, and as a fan its incredibly frustrating because we don't get told what is going on and there is nothing that we can really do.

panic stations, seriously. if any of the optimists still possibly think we'll be ok even if we dont have any new players, please come forward now with your reasoning, because i for one need convincing. the only tihing im looking forward to is the £200 getting knocked off season tickets in the cocacola championship.

anyone recon we can fill 50,000 seats in the lower leagues?

people will think im over reacting, but can anybody see this side (with no orthodox central midfielders what so ever) getting 40 points?

panic stations, seriously. if any of the optimists still possibly think we'll be ok even if we dont have any new players, please come forward now with your reasoning, because i for one need convincing. the only tihing im looking forward to is the £200 getting knocked off season tickets in the cocacola championship.

people will think im over reacting, but can anybody see this side (with no orthodox central midfielders what so ever) getting 40 points?

Cahill and Pienaar will be back soon, we won't be relegated we just won't win fuck all or do well in the league.

This side is still capable of getting 50 points in my opinion.

I think you're forgetting just how bad a team has to be to get under 40 points for a season. If our midfield ran "Baines--Jags---Neville---Osman" I'd still say we could hit 40 points (barely), it just would be some terrible football to watch. I actually bet after the terrible start we'd go through with that midfield Neville and Jags would start learning how to put some decent passes in on the ground when they realized just how much of a problem their hoof it play would be.

I m an optimist and believe we will still make several signings, including a couple that will justify a starting place.

My reasoning being that there will be a lot of movement in the market (regardless of Everton) between now and 1st September. The fact that a club the size of United still ntend bringing in a striker shows that even they don't simply spend a day or two signing a player.

The transfer market is a complicated process, simply because there are too many people involved all of whom stand to make personal fortunes.

The principle remains that clubs don't often hold on to players that wish to move and they ultimately take the money. The 2 clubs involved in any deal play cat and mouse until someone blinks.

This is the world of high finance we are talking about, not the game of footy we all love.

I believe a minimum of 3 will arrive.

Happy for you to shoot me down on 2nd September.

Yes

You are an optimist we have had three months to sign just one player - I am losing all hope there is something going on at the club if they told us we could deal with it but all we are getting fed is bullshit. :angry:

Just to correct you, you are getting fed bullshit by the media.

At what point has Everton said we are trying to sign xxxxx and we haven't signed them? The ONLY target confirmed has been Moutinho.

Just to correct you, you are getting fed bullshit by the media.

At what point has Everton said we are trying to sign xxxxx and we haven't signed them? The ONLY target confirmed has been Moutinho.

Didn't Moyes say he wanted 5 or 6 players? I know no names were mentioned but the 5 or 6 players statement came from the club

This side is still capable of getting 50 points in my opinion.

I think you're forgetting just how bad a team has to be to get under 40 points for a season. If our midfield ran "Baines--Jags---Neville---Osman" I'd still say we could hit 40 points (barely), it just would be some terrible football to watch. I actually bet after the terrible start we'd go through with that midfield Neville and Jags would start learning how to put some decent passes in on the ground when they realized just how much of a problem their hoof it play would be.

hibbert is out for about another three months so neville has to play right back. if jags is in the midfield that means lescott and valente both need to play, is valente capable of playing 38 games?

we have no one who can win the ball in midfield, and keep it.

if you cant keep the ball, you cant win football matches.

lets look at the possibility of yak or arteta getting injured, cahill hasnt been fit for a while so lets pray he can stay on the pitch. if we lost two of them players we would be in as much trouble going forward as we are in the middle, which is causing trouble at the back.

two midfielders can make a massive difference on both midfield and defence.

we will sign players we have 2 weeks to sign them and its a fucking joke that you think we will go down. EVERTON DNT GO DOWN. FACT. and if u wer a blue u would realise that

hate nothing more than some stating FACT as then it must be true.

we have just as much chance of going down as boro, bolton, wigan, right now we have SIXTEEN SENIOR PLAYERS FACT!!! TEN OF THEM ARE FIT FACT!!!

oh and question me being a blue? you have got to be kidding me! because i fear for the club i love more than anything else on this shambles of a planet i cant be a blue??? get real, take your rose tinted glasses off, yes we could sign players, but the window has been open a long time. why are these two weeks any different. im sure we will sign players, but i can only hope we sign players that are good enough.

Edited by StevO

I thought that you at least were a bit sensible :huh::huh::huh::huh:

I thought that you at least were a bit sensible :huh::huh::huh::huh:

DM, i assure you i am sensible. we have no central midfielders, one striker (another who cant stay fit and another who isnt anythin special, both teenagers) only sixteen senior players (matchday team is now 18) where is possibility of relegation. it was only a few years back we had a bad start and it can be a downward spiral, we got stuck down there and we had a bigger squad then. there is nothing stopping that happening again.

i wont bet against everton DM.

if im totally honest, i dont think we will go down, but i just see with every passing day us getting closer and closer to that slippery slope. add the on team problems to the off field trouble, i can see nothing but the bad times returning.

As I have said before the problem for me as I see it is if we dont add to the squad we going to struggle this season. Maybe not to a degree of relegation but then I bet Leeds never said that the year they went down.

My problem is that without europe next season we will struggle to bring in the top players next season and then the downward spiral starts as all the teams around us get better and better and we dont

Players are coming. They will be here by 1st September.

It is deeply unfortunate that they are not with us already, missing the important early games of season and doubtless taking a few games to get settled - meaning August and September may well be a scrap for points. If we do struggle for points in these early games, then it seriously dents our hopes for another top 6 finish this season and that is a bad mistake by the club.

But players are coming...

Players are coming. They will be here by 1st September.

It is deeply unfortunate that they are not with us already, missing the important early games of season and doubtless taking a few games to get settled - meaning August and September may well be a scrap for points. If we do struggle for points in these early games, then it seriously dents our hopes for another top 6 finish this season and that is a bad mistake by the club.

But players are coming...

Is this just blind optimism or do you know something?

Please tell me it's the latter...

From The Guardian:

Stéphane M'Bia has seen his latest appeal to join Everton dismissed out of hand by Rennes, as David Moyes awaits a decision from the former Chelsea midfielder Tiago on whether he wants to become the first summer arrival at Goodison Park.

Everton hoped to secure a deal for the Cameroon international M'Bia, 22, following his return from the Olympic Games earlier this week but, despite the midfielder's latest attempt to agitate a move to the

Premier League, Rennes insist he is not for sale. Everton made an offer of around £7m for M'Bia this month, with the French club believed to be holding out for in excess of £10m. "Our position has not changed," said Rennes' general manager, Pierre Dréossi, yesterday. "We remain determined to retain Stéphane M'Bia. This decision, I repeat, is firm and final."

Dréossi was responding to M'Bia's latest interview with L'Equipe, in which he revealed interest from Arsenal and Everton but admitted financial incentives had swayed him towards Merseyside. M'Bia said: "I have been told Arsenal are interested but my position is clear - I want to start the season with Everton. I'm aware that my directors have declared I won't leave but it's just a means to make my price higher. I understand their position and I would do the same. It's politics.

"I don't want to play for Rennes any more. I don't worry because English clubs have the resources to sign me. When they really want a player they are ready to spend whatever amount. I'm hopeful it will be done by next week."

That story had already been posted, but here is a more recent one:-

http://sports.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Fo...Premier-League/

Sounds like Diarra to me when he joined Pompey. If he does the job while he is here though thats what i care about at the moment. Then he can fall in love with the club.

Edited by jamiemaher85

From The Guardian:

Stéphane M'Bia has seen his latest appeal to join Everton dismissed out of hand by Rennes, as David Moyes awaits a decision from the former Chelsea midfielder Tiago on whether he wants to become the first summer arrival at Goodison Park.

Everton hoped to secure a deal for the Cameroon international M'Bia, 22, following his return from the Olympic Games earlier this week but, despite the midfielder's latest attempt to agitate a move to the

Premier League, Rennes insist he is not for sale. Everton made an offer of around £7m for M'Bia this month, with the French club believed to be holding out for in excess of £10m. "Our position has not changed," said Rennes' general manager, Pierre Dréossi, yesterday. "We remain determined to retain Stéphane M'Bia. This decision, I repeat, is firm and final."

Dréossi was responding to M'Bia's latest interview with L'Equipe, in which he revealed interest from Arsenal and Everton but admitted financial incentives had swayed him towards Merseyside. M'Bia said: "I have been told Arsenal are interested but my position is clear - I want to start the season with Everton. I'm aware that my directors have declared I won't leave but it's just a means to make my price higher. I understand their position and I would do the same. It's politics.

"I don't want to play for Rennes any more. I don't worry because English clubs have the resources to sign me. When they really want a player they are ready to spend whatever amount. I'm hopeful it will be done by next week."

he obviously hasnt heard of everton