IGNORED

Longest Thread!

Ian

• 3 weeks later...

Mike, whatever happened to your nephews (I think) band?

Nothing Matt; they split up when my brother's work brought him back to the UK. After he finished school he took a year out travelling (Oz etc) and is now at the Brighton Institute of Modern Music (Manchester) doing a BA (Hons) in Professional Musicianship. He's loving it.

http://www.bimm.co.uk/manchester/ba-hons-in-professional-musicianship-guitar

Nothing Matt; they split up when my brother's work brought him back to the UK. After he finished school he took a year out travelling (Oz etc) and is now at the Brighton Institute of Modern Music (Manchester) doing a BA (Hons) in Professional Musicianship. He's loving it.

http://www.bimm.co.uk/manchester/ba-hons-in-professional-musicianship-guitar

sounds like my ideal course / life :(

On another note, tomorrrow and Saturday are "Fete de Blonay" - The Party of Blonay http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blonay - the town I live in. It will be going on from 8am until 4am, 2 days in a row, and it is quite literally at my doorstep:

This stand, with my steps on the left, will be a rum punch and curry stand!

Sounds dreadful mate, how will you cope?

Sounds dreadful mate, how will you cope?

Awful mate, theres another 3 within a minute (with no people at least) walk / 20 minute stagger....

7717D364-58FF-45BC-98BE-38D1C5615383_zps

Already shipped the wife off to a friends so she can get some sleep, not sure how well I will cope with a DJ playing til 4am but it gives me an excuse to go to my man space on top of the house and turn the music up! Not the greatest picture. missing the BBQ but:

10003991_10153960479235472_96062593_n_zp

Awful mate, theres another 3 within a minute (with no people at least) walk / 20 minute stagger....

7717D364-58FF-45BC-98BE-38D1C5615383_zps

Already shipped the wife off to a friends so she can get some sleep, not sure how well I will cope with a DJ playing til 4am but it gives me an excuse to go to my man space on top of the house and turn the music up! Not the greatest picture. missing the BBQ but:

10003991_10153960479235472_96062593_n_zp

That sky... you just cant beat the alps.

I set up a little pitch in my yard to play 5v5 or 4v4 soccer. Our motto is "Beer drinkers with a soccer-playing problem" (borrowing from hashing, if you know that sport). Gives all us over-the-hill 40-somethings a chance to pretend we are young again.

P1040836_zpsd7df98ac.jpg

The balls sometimes get kicked into the woods but the view ain't too bad

P1040837_zps7a712339.jpg

The goals were easy to build and I bought the nets on line for about 15$. It's loads of fun.

P1040840_zps016e54cc.jpg

I've certainly had that type of yard (and smaller) when I lived in Boston, but a few years back I made the decision to move out to the country because I wanted some peace and quiet. My friends think it's the middle of nowhere but it's exactly where I want to be.

I miss living in the country. We moved to the "city" part of my town about 10 years ago. I miss having a flat yard with a few acres!