IGNORED

Longest Thread!

Ian

48 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Government doesn't accumulate wealth for itself though which is a big difference, they just take in funds be it via taxation or whatever else, then they decide what to spend it on based on what they (rightly or wrongly) think needs it.

Charles seems to be lining his own pockets.

That may well be the case, but whether Royalty or Government if people have a problem with it just write a Will it’s not complicated and cost minimal effort and money. 

58 minutes ago, Palfy said:

That may well be the case, but whether Royalty or Government if people have a problem with it just write a Will it’s not complicated and cost minimal effort and money. 

There are many reasons people don't write a will, however cheap and simple it might be.

One very basic reason, being too afraid of death to acknowledge that it's going to happen. Should people be punished for being scared? Or for being mentally impared is some way?

Not for me.

Just because something is easy for you doesn't mean it is for everyone.

51 minutes ago, MikeO said:

There are many reasons people don't write a will, however cheap and simple it might be.

One very basic reason, being too afraid of death to acknowledge that it's going to happen. Should people be punished for being scared? Or for being mentally impared is some way?

Not for me.

Just because something is easy for you doesn't mean it is for everyone.

What’s the punishment I’m not sure what you mean by that. They have no family to claim their estate so if they die it will automatically go to the state or if they are in Lancashire or Cornwall it goes to the Duchy, if they want it to go elsewhere before they die then they have to have written a last Will and Testament otherwise the only other option is it goes to one of the above, and I know of no other option for it to go to by law without a Will, or neither do I know of any party proposing to change the legislation on what should happen to estates left unclaimed, so that may suggest that the consensus in what we have in place works if not ideal to a very small number who have no traceable family and haven’t written a Will other than they don’t want to or see no point in doing so in their circumstances of having no one to leave it too. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Heading to the in-laws today as is tradition on Christmas Eve for me. Not sure if I'll be online so wanted to wish everyone on TT the best Christmas and a happy New Year when it comes around. 

Genuinely love coming on here and honestly believe that there's proper debate when needed, I think we all get along which is rare on message boards! Long may this place continue - UTFT! 

• 4 weeks later...
On 19/01/2024 at 12:03, MikeO said:

NHS in full production line mode? Have a flu jab tomorrow and just got the folowing message...

"For ease, please wear a short sleeved top or have your sleeve rolled up in readiness."

Whatever happened to bedside manner:lol:

All became clear, nine of us in the room lined up with bare arms and in came Luke Littler! Stood 2.37m from us and launched a perfect series, nine jabs done in thirty seconds...bloody efficient I thought👍

31 minutes ago, MikeO said:

All became clear, nine of us in the room lined up with bare arms and in came Luke Littler! Stood 2.37m from us and launched a perfect series, nine jabs done in thirty seconds...bloody efficient I thought👍

Imagine if you were booked in for a vasectomy with another 9 blokes, and you’re sat there with your nuts hanging out now that would be interesting.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Matt said:

https://www.ecosia.org/

Giving this a go. Internet browser where they don't sell your private data and use the ad revenue to plant trees and other green projects. 

I read about them only a week or so ago, let us know how you get on with them, it would be nice to give Google and co a run for their money, or at force them to give you a choice. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Matt said:

I don't understand why there's such a vocal body of people who seem desperate for renewable energy schemes to fail. You see it in some people's comments to that article, but it's become something of an obsession among conservatives in the US. Why would we not want to pursue such options? Why would we not want to reduce smog, limit the rise of sea level, prevent extreme weather patterns, and generally be good stewards of the earth?

3 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I don't understand why there's such a vocal body of people who seem desperate for renewable energy schemes to fail. You see it in some people's comments to that article, but it's become something of an obsession among conservatives in the US. Why would we not want to pursue such options? Why would we not want to reduce smog, limit the rise of sea level, prevent extreme weather patterns, and generally be good stewards of the earth?

Because Trump said global warming is fake news. 

25 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Got a new back-up phone coming tomorrow, and decided to do some photo tinkering for a cover (if it's good enough for the royals:D). Just a little touch-up as you can see, hope the tabloids don't get hold of it:unsure:

image.jpeg.e8c8c7cd803371cdf2513df48ec3e441.jpeg

That's really intimidating! Poster boy of the ToffeeUltras?