IGNORED

Victor Obinna

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least this loan signing has a bit of potential.

We're looking a bit of a joke with spending nothing at all though :angry: .

only thing i'll say in moyesey's defence, it does say we have an option to buy him next summer - so long as we do that with the loan signings, it's not a problem (as we did with Pienaar and I think Arteta?) - maybe due to the lack of time Moyes has had this week to sign players (after the ones he really wanted.........AH BOLLOCK RED SHITES JUST SCORED - :angry: ......anyway......as I was saying, after the ones he really wanted came to nothing) maybe he's bringing these in on loan so as not to waste money, wants to see them playing for us first. it's a theory anyway

At least this loan signing has a bit of potential.

We're looking a bit of a joke with spending nothing at all though :angry: .

Yeah have to agree he looks like he has potential and must be decent with having the likes of Milan Roma and erm WestHam :D courting him, I hope that these loaned/free players that we bring in are to boost our numbers and Moyes to have a fair bit of money available to spend on one or two quality players saying that these lads may turn out to be unearthed gems i dont think many would have got exited when Lescott's and Pienaar's names where mentioned before they signed in saying that i am pissed off like most we have'nt managed to bring in a big name or dare i say yet :wacko: .

Edited by EFC-Paul

Lol, he´s looking like the new Martins of Everton! Well, we should be happy that we have a bigger squad now and should hope these players can play good Premier League football and will show us nice action in the next games for Everton.

And don´t forget, this guy is just 21 years old, so maybe this loan politic isn´t the badest way at the moment!

Edited by Viennatoffee

fookin hell how quick are Wiki. he's playing for us already................... :o :o

Victor Nsofor Obinna (born March 25, 1987 in Jos, Nigeria) is a Nigerian footballer who plays as a striker for Everton F.C. on loan from Inter Milan in Serie A

Wiki are super reliable though...

Everton F.C.

On the 28th of August 2008 he was sent on a one year loan to Everton F.C. The deal was brokered on the Nigerian 'Deal or no Deal, which is hosted by ex Nigerian International John Fashanu. Bill Kenwright was heard to shout "AWOOGA" when the box was opened.

Spot on!

ACN is every 2 years.

Presume as Inter already had a stake in the player they executed their right to buy out the rest of the contract as this means that they will doubtless make a profit on the fee that has been set in the loan deal.

He looks very promising but I will still not be 100% confident about it until it is on a more reliable source

sounds good (lightning pace) but why would Inter buy him, only to loan him out immediately with the option to buy next year, having never played a game for them?!

He was brought back from chievo as a backup plan in case the ricardo quaresma deal didn't come of. If we are sending to you guys on loan it probably means the quaresma deal is done or very close to being done. Anyway pretty much every site in italy is reporting this as done so I think you guys can consider it as a done deal. Don't expect it to be confirmed fast thought, we usually take our time about official confirmations.

ok this is coming from wikipedia, so its probably bullshit, but it says he's on loan from chievo to inter, who have then gone and loaned him to us hahahahahaha. didnt know you could loan somebody out you were already loaning :P

Wikepedia is wrong. Inter financed the deal to take obinna to italy in 2005. We paid for it and he played at chievo. We co owned him with chievo. Then before the olympics this summer we bought the other 50% of the co ownership deal back. Then yesterday we loaned him to everton.

Thanks for the informayion Stefan, at this moment in time there is no news of this on our official site. :mellow:

Is this a done deal or just paper talk. ??

Its probably a done deal. But usually inter takes time to announce it officially. It took a week for them to announce the Jose appointment officially. Muntari had passed his medical but it took 3 days for us to officially announce it. Jimenez's signing also took something like 3 days from the press announcing it as official before the club announced it.

But seeing as its nearing the end of the transfer market I think it will probably be announced today or tomorrow. It might be that Inter have asked everton to only announce the deal when they have finished the quaresma deal but that's just speculation from my part.

ok. i would like obinna to be in the squad, but at the same time i have a feeling this wont go down well in terms of places in the first team when it comes to strikers. atm we have 4 strikers who have all had first team experience, and 2 more in lukas and agard who are yet to break into the first team. its no secret moyes only likes 1 striker up front, my worry is no doubt itll always be the yak if hes fit, but what happens to the other lads? id hate to see somebody like vaughany or victor leaving due to lack of places in the first team, its what has happened to AJ and faddy, and i dont really want to see any more of our good strikers leaving

So from the likes of Mbia and Millito to Joao to signing

Jars, Cast and Obinna.

Might all be good players but from maybe £30m worth of talent to players that have cost us nothing.

If Cast and Obinna are both on loan it means no more loan deals as can only have 2 loan signings at the same time I beleive.

The Obinna lad may end up on the wing, right wing perhaps to let Arteta drift into centre mid. Also Baxter has been used on left wing so Vaughan & Cheebs will still be in contention. Besides this is a good situation to be in as a player, fighting for a place.

yeahh thats true i guess. well i suppose then we should definately get him on board asap

I think Moyes would like to go 442 anyway, but he needs the strength/quality in midfield to be able to do this and I'm not sure we have enough quality/balance at the moment to be able to play 442 anything like as effectively as 451. Moyes would also most likely want to loan out Jutkiewicz etc for some experience, whilst Vaughan is injury prone, Anichebe still raw and Baxter etc unproven. We need another class striker, I'm not sure whether this guy fits the bill but you can never have too much pace in your team. I'd still like us to sign someone like Zigic, someone with a bit of presence, a different option up front.