IGNORED

Victor Obinna

I agree to you carl, but I don´t think Zigic is the right man for us! Maybe that comes cause I never saw guys like Jan Koller or Peter Crouch playing football, they just do anything with the ball and sometimes have great moments!

And I also think our strikers aren´t the main problem, we aren´t so bad their at the moment!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In italy they are saying you have the option to make the deal permanent for 9 million euros.

apparently this guy is a winger (according to the Echo) and lightning fast. Forget SWP, this guy could be just what we need! We've lacked pace on the wings for some time, make us more of a threat on the counter attack - he's also meant to have a decent goal record. :)

apparently this guy is a winger (according to the Echo) and lightning fast. Forget SWP, this guy could be just what we need! We've lacked pace on the wings for some time, make us more of a threat on the counter attack - he's also meant to have a decent goal record. :)

mate of mine at work is Nigerian and he said he's got a brilliant left-foot.......and that his best position is left wing

Obinna is more of a winger from what I have seen of him. To be honest I haven't seen him play a lot. He can play both wings but is better on the left wing.

Anyway apparently the hold up to the deal is the work permit. Forgot that clubs in england have that issue to deal with.

Everton try to bring in Obinna

Victor Obinna Nsofor in action at the Olympics

Obinna Nsofor was one of Nigeria's stars at the Olympic Games

Everton are trying to bring in Nigerian Olympic star Victor Obinna Nsofor on loan, the BBC understands.

But the move is not yet complete, partly because of UK work permit issues.

Obinna Nsofor has moved to Inter Milan from Chievo Verona, but Jose Mourinho's club are considering loaning him to Everton straight away.

He was one of the stars of the recent Olympic football tournament, in which Nigeria won silver.

The BBC understands that Everton will try and complete the move before the end of the transfer window on Monday.

The club are believed to be trying to arrange a one-year deal for the player.

He does not meet the standard requirements for a work permit to be given by the UK authorities, so a special hearing will have to convened.

Obinna Nsofor told the BBC after the Olympic final defeat to Argentina that he wanted to move from Chievo, having helped them return to Serie A.

He said then that he wanted to play in the European Champions League.

Everton are in the first round of the Uefa Cup, the draw for which takes place on Friday.

Looks like Macca was right ....................

But they will have to wait for Victor Obinna to join him after the Nigerian winger’s work permit application was refused.

Everton will appeal against this decision in the hope that his one-year loan move from Inter Milan can be completed before the transfer window shuts on Monday.

Everton never make things easy do they. :angry:

I know its late in the window, but these problems should have been investigated before they signed him.

The same happened with Fernandes, we had three months to sign him but they left it till the last few days and it all went tits up.

If the appeal is'nt heard before Monday he wont be able to come here, so i think i can lay that problem at Evertons door. <_<

They should have known or at least enquired first if he needed a permit. What should they do now, sign him and hope that the permit is granted or move for somebody else, cos if the permit is not granted he wont be coming here and we have wasted our time.

Whose fault is it then Mike. ??

I'm sure he plays wide on the left for nigeria. This could be a pretty exciting player, fast and likes to take people on, its what we've been missing. really hope it goes through, don't see him beinga regular straight away but defo good to have something a bit different.

I'm sure he plays wide on the left for nigeria. This could be a pretty exciting player, fast and likes to take people on, its what we've been missing. really hope it goes through, don't see him beinga regular straight away but defo good to have something a bit different.

Yeah I thought he was a winger (aswell as striker) so he should fill our wings with Pienaar out for a few weeks in the season. I heard somewhere that Obinna could be recalled back to Inter Milan in January if we dont play him as certain number of games. So it seems he's going to be in the squad a fair bit if Inter threaten to recall him.

Sorry but not being from england i dont quite understand the work permit thing over there. can someone explain why someone wouldn't be granted one

In order for a footballer from a non-EU country to be granted a work permit pro forma, he has to have appeared in at least 75% of his national team's fixtures in which he was eligible for selection, over the last x number of years (can't remember if it's 2 or 3 years). If he doesn't meet that requirement, the work permit is automatically refused initially on that technicality, the team wanting to sign him appeals and has a hearing with the Home Office where they argue why the player should be given a permit, and then the real decision is made. It's all a very routine process, and any manager who passed sixth grade maths is already going to know as soon as he approaches a foreign player whether the club will have to prepare an appeal or not. Castillo's work permit was initially refused for the same reason, and so was Yakubu's because that falling-out he had with the Nigerian FA had dropped him below 75%. We got those guys, and we'll get Obinna too. He's a major talent, fresh off an Olympic medal and destined to become a fixture on Nigeria's senior squad; unless Everton has a newborn infant arguing the case they're not going to lose.

It probably helped quite alot tbh, it certainly can't hurt. Hopefully we'll see him over take Vic in the pecking order. I think this guy could be a real hit over here, i really hope the work permit goes through.

You can imagine Joey and the Yak calling him 'get your arse over here boy this palce rocks' or words to that effect. God willing the work permit will go through before Villians and Barcodes try and pinch him

In order for a footballer from a non-EU country to be granted a work permit pro forma, he has to have appeared in at least 75% of his national team's fixtures in which he was eligible for selection, over the last x number of years (can't remember if it's 2 or 3 years). If he doesn't meet that requirement, the work permit is automatically refused initially on that technicality, the team wanting to sign him appeals and has a hearing with the Home Office where they argue why the player should be given a permit, and then the real decision is made. It's all a very routine process, and any manager who passed sixth grade maths is already going to know as soon as he approaches a foreign player whether the club will have to prepare an appeal or not. Castillo's work permit was initially refused for the same reason, and so was Yakubu's because that falling-out he had with the Nigerian FA had dropped him below 75%. We got those guys, and we'll get Obinna too. He's a major talent, fresh off an Olympic medal and destined to become a fixture on Nigeria's senior squad; unless Everton has a newborn infant arguing the case they're not going to lose.

:) You can always rely on JD for a good stat attack. Good work!

I think Moyes would like to go 442 anyway, but he needs the strength/quality in midfield to be able to do this and I'm not sure we have enough quality/balance at the moment to be able to play 442 anything like as effectively as 451. Moyes would also most likely want to loan out Jutkiewicz etc for some experience, whilst Vaughan is injury prone, Anichebe still raw and Baxter etc unproven. We need another class striker, I'm not sure whether this guy fits the bill but you can never have too much pace in your team. I'd still like us to sign someone like Zigic, someone with a bit of presence, a different option up front.

well louis saha fits the bill. I'm hearing everywhere he's an Everton player. Got two players for the price of one SWP, I imagine we're paying less in wages to these two than citeh are to wright midget.

Edited by EvilG