IGNORED

Henrik Larsson

We need to concentrate on recruiting some midfielders, not forwards. We have Vaughny, Cheebs and Lukas all chomping on the bit to get a bit of first team action and although they are all a bit raw, they all add something a little different to our make-up.

We need to give this a wide berth imo.... <_<

We need to concentrate on recruiting some midfielders, not forwards. We have Vaughny, Cheebs and Lukas all chomping on the bit to get a bit of first team action and although they are all a bit raw, they all add something a little different to our make-up.

We need to give this a wide berth imo.... <_<

I hear this alot but if we want to challenge top 4 teams we need Top Quality strikers.. Not saying that Larsson is this but we are not going to get 20goals a season from Vaughan or Vic they lack experience same with Lukas. Yes they should be given a chance in the first team but in my opinion none of them are ready for full time premiership action this year.

If we get another Striker in i would be looking to loan them out for more experience

I hear this alot but if we want to challenge top 4 teams we need Top Quality strikers.. Not saying that Larsson is this but we are not going to get 20goals a season from Vaughan or Vic they lack experience same with Lukas. Yes they should be given a chance in the first team but in my opinion none of them are ready for full time premiership action this year.

If we get another Striker in i would be looking to loan them out for more experience

They wont get 20 goals a season sitting on a bench thats for sure. IMO if the youngsters are good enough, they're old enough. I say give them a fair crack of the whip this season (injuries permitting).

He may be past his best on nocking on but he has bags of experience tried and tested at all levels and a great striker, he obviously wont be a starting player and i think he will be a good player to bring on when needed he did well in the few games he played for United in tough games so i cant see why ppl are really against it we'll have Yakubu vaughan Saha Anichebe and Larsson if he comes which to me isnt a bad set of forwards by most teams standards.

He may be past his best on nocking on but he has bags of experience tried and tested at all levels and a great striker, he obviously wont be a starting player and i think he will be a good player to bring on when needed he did well in the few games he played for United in tough games so i cant see why ppl are really against it we'll have Yakubu vaughan Saha Anichebe and Larsson if he comes which to me isnt a bad set of forwards by most teams standards.

Yakubu = brilliant when on form

Vaughan = quality but a bit injury prone

Saha = will barely play

Vic = not good enough

Larsson = old and well past his best

When it's broken down like that our forwards looks pretty worrying.

Saha = will barely play

Vic = not good enough

shush your not ment to let others know :lol:

Well i cant argue with your summaries mate, id like Vic to go out on loan to Preston hopefully with an option to buy as like you said not good enough and doesnt seem he ever will be tbh, back to larsson like i said your right he's past his best but did well for united when they brought him on not so long ago which is more then likely the reason he may be on his way here for as an experienced impact player, he still has abit of juice left in him and hasnt lost much pace from what i can remember.

Not a player to push us on but one with experience who the younger lads can learn from he also has alot of graft in him and seems a decent bloke.

Saha = will barely play

Vic = not good enough

DM has said today if hes fit he will play, him being fit is a big if though

maybe bring larsson in to show our kids a trick or two

Everton have made a £500,000 bid to bring former Celtic and Manchester United striker Henrik Larsson, 36, to Goodison Park. (Sunday Mirror)

But West Ham have emerged as favourites to sign the Swedish striker for £1m. (News of the World).

if we'd do this why not this...

Michael Owen could be next out of the door at Newcastle as he looks set to reject a new contract at St James' Park that would mean him taking a £1m-a-year pay cut. (Sunday Mirror)

Owen, 29, would be available for as little as £2m as Newcastle hope to cash in now instead of losing him on a free transfer at the end of the season. (Mail on Sunday)

MAYBE WE OUGHT TO GO FOR DEAN WINDASS. he scores a lot of goals.

Some names getting mentioned here show real Panic, Saha included. How he can say he will play if fit is a body blow to all the strikers, He should have said if fit AND PLAYS WELL, what if he's fit and plays shit. You cant make statements like that without unsettling the other strikers.

Larsson will be quality. He'll be one of the fitest players in our squad - he's 36 but his fitness is remarkable. If moyes signs him as an impact player on a short term deal then this will be a very shrewd bit of business. Larsson was scoring goals in europe last season and he'll score goals for us if we sign him. He offers a bit of guile that we currently lack up-front.

The way I see it is yak will be up top with saha (when fit) - this will be the first choice. Then we can have vaughan and larsson on the bench - 2 different players with different qualities. We'll have obinna who i think will be used as a winger but he can play up top too if need. Anichebe would benefit from going on a seasons long loan maybe to preston. Then we've got a few youngsters who have been thrown in, should we have a crisis.

Why wouldn't we want larsson - he's still class and in a hell of a lot better condition than our current leading striker - yakubu!

I would prefer owen aswell but lets be serious at the moment we need as many options and players in as possible. Even if larsson costs us £1 mill he is only going to be on £20k a week.

We are not in the position to turn anyone down let alone someone with the experience and goalscoring record of larsson, he can make a difference in games especially coming off the bench!

DEFO signing for me, now lets go and seal the moutinho deal moyesy!!!!!!!

In order to build for the future you've got to take care of the present. We need to do well in the league every year to attract players to the squad. Finishing 5th we've struggled so if we have a nightmare this year and finish outside the top 10, no Europe then how will we attract anyone?!?!?!

Owen has just signed a 3 year deal for Newcastle on £120k per week according to SSN, he was never an option anyway with his wage demands.

£20k/ week for Larsson is worth a punt as Saha will spend most of the season with the physio, and as said elsewhere he's as fit as a fiddle and stinks of quality.

He'll probably end up at the Hammers though if bbc is to be believed :(

Edited by blueblood