IGNORED

Hull City. (away)

Bill

Review

Everton came from two goals behind to earn a point against Hull at the KC Stadium. Michael Turner put the hosts ahead on 18 minutes when out-jumping Marouane Fellaini at the far post to head in from a Dean Marney from the left. The Tigers then doubled their lead - again from a corner - on 50 minutes, with Phil Neville adjudged to have conceded an own goal after a mix-up in the Everton defence. But the Toffees showed great determination and Tim Cahill got one back off the bar on 73 minutes, although there was some uncertainty at first whether it had crossed the line. Then five minutes later, Leon Osman got the equaliser after Yakubu played a great one-two with Louis Saha down the left and then crossed for him to slot home.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are many teams that would love to be in our position. Tottenham Hotspur would love to be where we are, with only two points, getting thier second today against Wigan in a 0-0 draw. Losing Dimitar Berbatov, Robbie Keane and Jermaine Defoe. That's where you start to look at the manager and think, where the hell did the money go.

Newcastle are another. There in deep trouble and had the same, bad performance against Hull at home. Its good that we got them away as once they and we have settled into our season we will take maximum points and win that game.

Abysmal performance, I think we have to call Baines a total flop now, hauled off at half-time, Moyes may as well sell him in January as he obviously doesn't rate him at all. Fellaini also looking worrying so far, another poor performance from him, if it wasn't for Saha we would have lost. The 451 isn't working at the moment, most likely because some players are getting back to full fitness but also because having 2 DMs in midfield is too negative. Even with 2 DMs in midfield they cant do the job that one Lee Carsley could (or so it seems). 2 goals conceded from corners, disgraceful. Hull are a poor side, we need to start defending properly. If I was Moyes I'd send out our team with one objective only in the next match - to keep a clean sheet, then hopefully our defence can get some belief. Sounds like Howard had a nightmare as well, there isn't a single player in our defence (except Neville) who can hold his head high at the moment imo.

I know it maybee premature to be slaging fellaini but i am not impressed

I can see that he may soon come good but its more the fact he just aint the type of player we need right now

I Also cant understand moyes droping lescott for baines then swaping it straight back round after 45 mins???

(if your going to do it moyes do it properly and stop pissing around)

Abysmal performance, I think we have to call Baines a total flop now, hauled off at half-time, Moyes may as well sell him in January as he obviously doesn't rate him at all. Fellaini also looking worrying so far, another poor performance from him, if it wasn't for Saha we would have lost. The 451 isn't working at the moment, most likely because some players are getting back to full fitness but also because having 2 DMs in midfield is too negative. Even with 2 DMs in midfield they cant do the job that one Lee Carsley could (or so it seems). 2 goals conceded from corners, disgraceful. Hull are a poor side, we need to start defending properly. If I was Moyes I'd send out our team with one objective only in the next match - to keep a clean sheet, then hopefully our defence can get some belief. Sounds like Howard had a nightmare as well, there isn't a single player in our defence (except Neville) who can hold his head high at the moment imo.

Neville has been fantastic this season, and is the only player that really impresses me in the team.

who's he?

Steve Round is David Moyes' assisstant. It used to be Alan Irvine before he left for Preston North End, since then Moyes has employed Round to fill Alan's boots.

New assistant Steve Round, that's what is wrong.

what a load of shite that is, we bring in one coach and suddenly its his fault we cant defend anymroe. someones been listening to the idiot on the city phone in and some shite rumours that are going on some websites.

its still the same players, they still go under the same instructions, do you honestly think for one minute moyes would bring in someone new and let them change the way defend? get real.

Edited by StevO

what a load of shite that is, we bring in one coach and suddenly its his fault we cant defend anymroe. someones been listening to the idiot on the city phone in and some shite rumours that are going on some websites.

its still the same players, they still go under the same instructions, do you honestly think for one minute moyes would bring in someone new and let them change the way defend? get real.

Good post mate, to blame Steve Round for our poor performance is diabolical, it seems we are looking for someone to point the finger at for something that is clearly our fault.

Moyes isnt going to realise that we will never keep a cleansheet against anyone half decent, when we have Neville rightback, defensively he is awfull, 1 out of 10 crosses beat the first man, and his pass completion has to be one of the worst in the premiership. Im fed up of going on about him in nearlly everypost, but he is just not good enough and it does my head in that a player so shit is our club captain.

Saha done well keep it up lad!

Edited by Blue4Ever

What's changed then? I formed my own opinion. Didn't he come from Newcastle? Boss defenders them lot.

Moyes isnt going to realise that we will never keep a cleansheet against anyone half decent, when we have Neville rightback, defensively he is awfull, 1 out of 10 crosses beat the first man, and his pass completion has to be one of the worst in the premiership. Im fed up of going on about him in nearlly everypost, but he is just not good enough and it does my head in that a player so shit is our club captain.

:huh:

This just goes to show how biased you are. Neville has been pretty much alone in being a player who can say he's given everything this season and not only that but he has been one of our better players. Criticism of him this season is uncalled for.

if you've watched us this season hes been our best defender.

What's changed then? I formed my own opinion. Didn't he come from Newcastle? Boss defenders them lot.

he also coached at england too. but he isnt working as a defensive coach, hes assistant manager. its all a little too easy to point the blame at the new guy, but get real.

Edited by StevO

StevO miracles happen, agree with you 100%. How silly to blame steve round for the poor defensive mistakes, Steve is not on the pitch being paid a fortune to defend.

Another Everton fan living in another world...if you are fed up then shut up about it.

Well well well some of you are blaming Steve Round, as already posted that is ridiculous. I don't blame the players either as the blame for this must land at the feet of David Moyes, he picks the team, he decides the tactics, he buys the players and at this moment in time his team is not producing the goods. Stop blaming the monkey blame THE ORGAN GRINDER

I agree with Mike, it is desrespectful to say its only Hull but its not disrespectful to point out that they lost at home to Wigan 5 - 0, yes Wigan got a clean sheet there and scored at will. Having seen the snippets on MOTD my vote for MoM remains with Saha and he only played half a game that just about sums up how dreadful we were today and God help us for the rermainder of the season if that is the best Moyes can do.

PS Phil Nevile is having possibly his best start to a season since he joined us, the one bright spot in a pile of crap

Edited by Jimmy the blue

phils been great and has always been a great leader ok he might not always have the best game but comes out the next one and still gives 100% doesnt shy away applauds the fans and leads his team like a true pro! one of most under rated players there is in my opinion and also in the opinions of a few of my mates who are united fans! didnt want him to go!

its tim howard for me though the own goals all hes fault if hes not called for them and hes the one who organises them! if they aren't organised right they're not gonna defend and it seems set plays are a big issue at the moment they shouldn't be we have a big team especially now with fellaini but he should have done better yesterday with the first goal! just need to settle the team and it will be fine no need for panic yet! still unbeaten away from home and we're scorin the goals so its not like its all bad and saha gettin fit and looked good timmy back and scorin and the yak on fire! and as mentioned could be worse we could be spurs or newcastle :lol: