IGNORED

Hull City. (away)

Bill

Have been a critic about Baines lack of defensive duties, but Lescott has had 5 poor games on the spin and i think Baines deserves the chance to show he can do better. I would return to 4-5-1 for this game because we need to stop teams getting at our back line.

........................................... howard ......................................

neville ............ yobo .......................... jagielka ............... baines

osman ......... fellaini ......... cahill ........... castillo ............. arteta

........................................... yakubu .......................................

we need to get a couple of clean sheets to get our season on the go, so i,m looking for a 3-0 comfortable win.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spot on with that team Bill...unless Pienaar's available which is unlikely (I'd put TC on the bench for a rest if he was).

I think if we can get another win we'll have done well to travel to all three promoted sides so early in the season and take nine points.

It looked a less than ideal fixture list when it came out, I was much more confident about the home games with Blackburn & Pompey to be honest :) .

Shows how much I know.

Have been a critic about Baines lack of defensive duties, but Lescott has had 5 poor games on the spin and i think Baines deserves the chance to show he can do better. I would return to 4-5-1 for this game because we need to stop teams getting at our back line.

........................................... howard ......................................

neville ............ yobo .......................... jagielka ............... baines

osman ......... fellaini ......... cahill ........... castillo ............. arteta

........................................... yakubu .......................................

we need to get a couple of clean sheets to get our season on the go, so i,m looking for a 3-0 comfortable win.

I'd go along with that, but with one change, swap the wings of arteta and osman. The reason being is that Arteta will rarely track back and i think that ossie would offer more defensive support to baines, which i think he needs. Plus i think that arteta and neville can link up well.

Yeah, but they usually switch wings during the game anyway, my reason being that Osman is deffo not a winger but if he has to play there i much prefer him on the right, where as Arteta can play both sides equally well.

Shame we didnt get Obinna, so hurry back Pienaar.

yea that sound like the best formation at the min but with our defence at the mo i see it being a nervy 2-1 win with 2 from yak

Edited by bluegender_2k

Tim Howard and Victor Anichebe are fitness doubts for Everton ahead of the trip to Hull.

Anichebe was stretchered off during the 2-2 draw with Standard Liege on Thursday. Although his injury isn't as bad as first thought, he didn't train on Friday and will be assessed on Saturday ahead of the game on Sunday afternoon.

Everton boss David Moyes also revealed that goalkeeper Howard played against the Belgian side with a virus. That affliction is still affecting the American - and he too will be monitored over the weekend.

Long term injury absentees Steven Pienaar (broken toe), Tony Hibbert (knee) and Lars Jacobsen (shoulder) are still sidelined, while Louis Saha isn't yet at full fitness.

But Marouane Fellaini comes back into the reckoning after he was cup-tied in for the Uefa Cup clash.

Moyes told evertonfc.com: "It's not as bad as first thought. Victor is walking about now. He's not trained today but we will hopefully know a bit more tomorrow.

"There are one or two knocks and bruises. Tim is still suffering from a virus so we will have to see how he is."

The boss also admitted he may alter his side based on the exertions of the midweek tie.

"We might make changes," he declared, "Partly because we have had a game in midweek. I will look at it and see who is ready to come in."

Everton: Howard, Turner, Nash, Neville, Yobo, Jagielka, Lescott, Baines, Valente, Castillo, Fellaini, Osman, Cahill, Arteta, Vaughan, Anichebe, Yakubu, Rodwell, Baxter, Agard, Wallace, Gosling.

I'd go with that. Lescott won't be dropped though.

On current form 6-4 to us....

However I'm going to predict slightly more conservatively.

2-0 to the blues. Yak and Osman.

Don't think Lescott will get dropped either, but would like to see Valente given a bit of a crack if Baines is a 'defensive liabilty'.

Edited by DonKey

On current form 6-4 to us....

However I'm going to predict slightly more conservatively.

2-0 to the blues. Yak and Osman.

Don't think Lescott will get dropped either, but would like to see Valente given a bit of a crack if Baines is a 'defensive liabilty'.

I'll go 3 - 1 to us with Lescott putting Barmby (life long piece of red shite) in his arse pocket, the lad must come good at sometime

Is Joey Yobo fit, he had a swollen foot

Edited by Jimmy the blue

if Yobo is injured it gives Moyes the perfect way out, he can move Lescott back in alongside Jags and bring Baines in without upsetting anyone's feelings. I was worried about this match due to our players being knackered but I think Liverpool's draw with Stoke yesterday may just give our players a boost, all of a sudden we could be right on their tails and it suddenly makes our result last week look even better.