• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest efctaxi
he said signin

ha ha yes he did .

I need a pair of glasses :lol:

Appologies .

Edited by efctaxi

I'm not sure hes the player we all want to see but if we do get him he will at least offer us something different up front.... assuming hes fit of course...

I was a bit alarmed with the fact that he has cost Newcastle 45m over four seasons..... scoring only 30 goals.. :o:o:o:o

I'm not sure hes the player we all want to see but if we do get him he will at least offer us something different up front.... assuming hes fit of course...

I was a bit alarmed with the fact that he has cost Newcastle 45m over four seasons..... scoring only 30 goals.. :o:o:o:o

10 of them were last season. Maybe he's finally reaching his potential :D:lol:

said it before an i'll say it again, he knows where the net is an could easly when fit chip in over double figures for us.

Being fit is the only concern, however you just never no, if i was a newcastle player i'd be injured 2 get stupid money an don't have to wear a barcode.

Im slowly starting to warm about his signing. The salary is now said something like 50k in a week and that doens sound so bad anymore either. He could have 2-3 good seasons ahead if he gets outs of injuries. Actually im having Umbros Michael Owen footballshoes(Geez whatta confess, sry guys) haha

If we were to get Jo as well, then it would be ok. He wouldn't be a starter for us, but could be an impact player for 20 minutes, which we don't have many of. Would probably see big Vic going out on loan then. I don't know whether or not Owen signing would be an indication of our rise, his fall, or a combination of both, seeing as he wasn't at all interested in signing for us in 2005.

If we were to get Jo as well, then it would be ok. He wouldn't be a starter for us, but could be an impact player for 20 minutes, which we don't have many of. Would probably see big Vic going out on loan then. I don't know whether or not Owen signing would be an indication of our rise, his fall, or a combination of both, seeing as he wasn't at all interested in signing for us in 2005.

thats a very good point mate, i think it has to be both, we have obviously improved over the last couple of years, and have evolved into a solid (at this moment in time) top 6 club, whereas owens career has stalled in a big way, he now finds himself out of contract from a club thats just been relegated, when if you look back a few years ago, he was at madrid, didnt always play, but the fact remains he was at madrid. So in answer to well pointed question, i would say both.

strong favourites on paddy power too. i have mixed feelings about this but if like you have said we get someone else in like jo who can stay fit then should be ok. and who knows he may stay fit? worth a punt i guess cos a fit michael owen is still one of the best finishers in the game

Food for thought. Post on The Independent after their report that Owen is likely to go to us or Villa...

"As a Newcastle supporter who saw every home game and most away games last season I can tell you Michael Owen is simply not good enough anymore for the Premier League. What made him great was his ability to be in the right position at the right time. He never was a great 'finisher' and often wasted more chances than he netted. He has not lost a yard of pace either, he has lost it all. Many big slow commanding centre halfs would beat him over 10 yards now. Add this to the fact that he simply has no desire to play and I ask you who would want him. Both Villa and Everton have been relatively successful having a good season last year. Why waste this on somebody who is more concerned with horse racing and flying his helicopter? Both teams in question did well because of team spirit last year and a belief in themselves. Why would you bring in somebody who believes they are a lot better than they are to potentially upset this. His goals have gone, his stats that people show are 10 years old and the guy cannot be bothered. Hopefully he will end up somewhere more suited to his skill level. No disrespect intended here but he is no better than Hull or Stoke and should he go to one of these unfortuante clubs then they should preprare for a relegation scrap and more than likely to fail, just as we did at Newcastle. Great players win trophies, a half decent player would have kept Newcastle up! He did not!"

its worth getting owen for shirt sales, if we had more money i'd try get beckham when usa season over, big revenue(won't hapepn like) but both will give us shirt sales.

Everton couldnt afford his wages, an because of the media people think barcode a big club when really there a small club thats heading in the right direction, back to the confrance were they belong.

Food for thought. Post on The Independent after their report that Owen is likely to go to us or Villa...

"As a Newcastle supporter who saw every home game and most away games last season I can tell you Michael Owen is simply not good enough anymore for the Premier League. What made him great was his ability to be in the right position at the right time. He never was a great 'finisher' and often wasted more chances than he netted. He has not lost a yard of pace either, he has lost it all. Many big slow commanding centre halfs would beat him over 10 yards now. Add this to the fact that he simply has no desire to play and I ask you who would want him. Both Villa and Everton have been relatively successful having a good season last year. Why waste this on somebody who is more concerned with horse racing and flying his helicopter? Both teams in question did well because of team spirit last year and a belief in themselves. Why would you bring in somebody who believes they are a lot better than they are to potentially upset this. His goals have gone, his stats that people show are 10 years old and the guy cannot be bothered. Hopefully he will end up somewhere more suited to his skill level. No disrespect intended here but he is no better than Hull or Stoke and should he go to one of these unfortuante clubs then they should preprare for a relegation scrap and more than likely to fail, just as we did at Newcastle. Great players win trophies, a half decent player would have kept Newcastle up! He did not!"

I like this part the best....... Its never ever their fault :lol:

Im sure he has just described Saha

I think Owen would be a great signing we have struggled for goals when the yak was out injured! Vic needs to be sold attitude and also i dont believe he will ever be that good to command a 1st team place if we get Owen and Jo with Vaughan and the Yak we could sell Saha and bring Baxter on a little more.

Saha has to be on around 50k and who would you rather have Owen or Saha my money is on Owen

Guest blueboy122

Yes i agree with Mark i dont think we will sign him either. i am trying to make up my mind on owen i read post like hes past it and hes not arsed etc etc but then i read other posts where people say if we keep him fit hed make us a top four team. hmmmmmmmm choices. my feeling at the minute is that saha is probably at this moment a better choice as he has more to offer? i will change my mind in the next 10 minutes.