IGNORED

Lescott

I'd take Cahill (Bolton) or Taylor (Newcastle) as a replacement if/when Joley leaves.

Seriously boys, you'd rather have dogsh*t like this over nedum?

He is a future England International.

Stuart Pearce loves him! He is seriously quality! If you got offered him, snap him up!

I hope to god we dont do it,it would be a monumental mistake! I'd rather Ben Haim\Caciedo\(dare I say it)Bellamy\Dunne go plus the cash!

a few sites have got this new offer with the addition of Nedum Onouha.

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/everton/city-throw-in-starlet-for-toffees-ace-923550.html

I don't know much about him but having looked at the City site it appears he's been their first choice right back for most of last season, is 22 years old, originally from Nigeria but has since played for England under 21's.

Anyone got any thoughts on him?

If he's a right back then he's really only of interest to us if he's either better than Naughton or if our Naughton transfer has fallen through.

Edited by FairWooney

I think its inevitable that he will leave, its just a case of getting as much as we can for him, nobody in their right minds would turn down a double your money salary, £40.000 TO £80.000 a week :blink: no contest.

Just make city wait till the bid reaches £20m or more, and we can get an excellent replacement for that money.

I think its inevitable that he will leave, its just a case of getting as much as we can for him, nobody in their right minds would turn down a double your money salary, £40.000 TO £80.000 a week :blink: no contest.

Just make city wait till the bid reaches £20m or more, and we can get an excellent replacement for that money.

I completely agree. I'd happily take £20m for him. Yes he is very good, but he is not outstanding. In my opinion (& feel free to argue) he only looked truely international class when next to Jagielka, whereas when alongside Yobo he looked competent but not world class. The perfect example of this was the non existent marking of Drogba's goal in the FA Cup Final.

I think we are best off taking an experienced centre back (such as Sol Campbell) for a year or so, get someone upcoming like a young Lescott (such Nedum or Mancienne) who I guess are valued at about £4-5m, then have £15m to play with. Remember that in a couple of years Rodwell may also be in the frame as a centre back. Potentially Manciennce & Rodwell could be the future England centre back pairing. Plus Baines on the left & Naughton (?) on the right.

If we currently have £5-8m to spend on a right back plus £10-12m to spend on a midfielder, imagine what we could do with an extra £15m?

There are young defenders around like Nedum or Maciennce who will surpass Lescott in a couple of years. Unfortunately for Mark Hughes, he has to get results this year or he will be out. We on the other hand are making progress every year.

I completely agree. I'd happily take £20m for him. Yes he is very good, but he is not outstanding. In my opinion (& feel free to argue) he only looked truely international class when next to Jagielka, whereas when alongside Yobo he looked competent but not world class. The perfect example of this was the non existent marking of Drogba's goal in the FA Cup Final.

I think we are best off taking an experienced centre back (such as Sol Campbell) for a year or so, get someone upcoming like a young Lescott (such Nedum or Mancienne) who I guess are valued at about £4-5m, then have £15m to play with. Remember that in a couple of years Rodwell may also be in the frame as a centre back. Potentially Manciennce & Rodwell could be the future England centre back pairing. Plus Baines on the left & Naughton (?) on the right.

If we currently have £5-8m to spend on a right back plus £10-12m to spend on a midfielder, imagine what we could do with an extra £15m?

There are young defenders around like Nedum or Maciennce who will surpass Lescott in a couple of years. Unfortunately for Mark Hughes, he has to get results this year or he will be out. We on the other hand are making progress every year.

Prob not to much..... because that £5-8m would become £10-13m and £10-12m would become £15-17m

As soon as someone had a hint that we had some extra cas the price would double......

I dont mind the Idea that he CAN be replaced but....but I dont like the fact that this year we could come unstuck... anyone we get could take at leat a season to bed in..... in that time we could have taken a huge step backwards

I know its just another shitty rumour site......but

http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premiership/lescott-to-beg-moyes-to-talk-to-city

I love the way odd words are ""quoted"" :lol:

I love the way that they use the term "Lescott is “not a natural agitator” and does not want to “antagonise Moyes” by forcing a switch to try and eplain why he hasnt put in a transfer request.....

Is it impossible for these guys to think that he may not actually just want to jump ship to City....

"Premiership side (City) “would strengthen” his chances of a starting berth in Fabio Capello’s England side at the World Cup next summer."

Has he not done that playing for Everton.... you Idiot

The whole thing is "contemptible verbiage" :lol: :lol:

Edited by DangerMouse

"Arsenal are on the verge of agreeing a £10m fee that will send Kolo Toure to Manchester City. This would mean Arsenal’s second player moving to the Eastlands in less than a week, generating around £35m for the gunners. Manchester City have apparently gone off the idea of purchasing Joleon Lescott from Everton, after the Toffees valuated him at £30m. City then turned their attention to the out of favor Toure..."

From http://www.downswinging.com/wordpress/2009/07/arsenal-poised-for-10m-sale-arsene-to-spend/...whatever the hell that is :) (and it's difficult to trust someone who thinks "valuated" is a word :unsure: .

Why is everyone talking like Moyes will have the £20million to spend? Firstly, Wolves will be taking their cut of any deal and then we have debts to repay - Moyes would be lucky to see £5million of it tbh.

I agree, theres no way Moyse would see all the dosh he would be lucky to get £10M and there is nobody out there who could replace Lescott for that price

I also think that we desperately need another CB now as cover for Lescott & Yobo even if its ony someone on loan until Jags is back

Joleon Lescott will plead with David Moyes, his Everton manager, to be allowed to talk to Manchester City.

Everton rejected a £15million bid on Friday for the England defender, who travelled to the United States yesterday afternoon for a club training camp in Seattle, but he has told team-mates that he wants to hear their plans.

City are expected to raise their offer to about £18million, with Mark Hughes having identified Lescott as a priority while continuing his pursuit of John Terry, the England captain.

Lescott, 26, is not a natural agitator and is reluctant to antagonise Moyes by pushing for a transfer, but he believes that joining City would strengthen his claim for a place in England's starting line-up in next summer's World Cup finals. --> what a load of BS journalism (imho) surely Joleon doesnt really think that..

Source : http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article6721291.ece