IGNORED

Lescott

Apparently they've now offered £20m plus Ona-whathisface.

Comes from the same Sunday Times story that says...

"City continue to receive strong encouragement that Terry wants the £250,000 weekly wage on offer in Manchester and are preparing to push the transfer fee beyond £40m to secure him. They are also boosted by Terrys sustained public silence on the matter...."

....so that's well informed and reliable :rolleyes: .

If John Terry can publicly come out and say he doesn't want to go to City, I would like to think that Lescott can do the same.

(Although to be fair I imagine Terry is on a much bigger pay packet at Chelsea than Lescott is on with us)

Very poor defending by Lescott for the River Plate goal yesterday. Don't know how he played for the rest of the game but was that the mark of a player who is trying not to get injured ahead of a big money transfer? He definitely should have made a challenge on Ortega. I'm probably reading too much into one piece of defending but I still think he'll be on his way soon for around £20 million as long as Moyes can find suitable replacements before he lets him go.

Very poor defending by Lescott for the River Plate goal yesterday. Don't know how he played for the rest of the game but ?was that the mark of a player who is trying not to get injured ahead of a big money transfer He definitely should have made a challenge on Ortega. I'm probably reading too much into one piece of defending but I still think he'll be on his way soon for around £20 million as long as Moyes can find suitable replacements before he lets him go.

Probably more likely to be the mark of a defender who doesnt want to get injured in a meaningless preseason friendly just a few weeks ahead of a new season

So Sir Alex slated City (loved the Adebayor comments).

Terry has said he is staying at Chelsea.

Hopefully Lescott changes his mind over going to a club that cannot (fact!) attract the big name players they said they could. :lol:

Ha ha I think we are in a worse state there than they are.

We are getting knocked back by young unproven Championship players whilst they are signing the likes of Tevez, Barry & Santa Cruz

Ha ha I think we are in a worse state there than they are.

We are getting knocked back by young unproven Championship players whilst they are signing the likes of Tevez, Barry & Santa Cruz

Which is my point, although I hold Tevez as the best of that bunch they are all recycled Premiership players. Not the superstars of Europe that were supposed to be heading to City. And the only way they got those players was not because of the ambition of Man City in the League Cup or the Fair Play league( :D ), but because of the ambition of their bank managers.

I think we are lucky that Jags, Arteta. and Yakubu are injured, because i am sure these would have been a target for somebody this close season, and indeed they still might be if they are back playing before august 31st.

Well he's finally come out now and said he's staying. Would be nice for a similar statement from Joleon.

He won't yet, the only reason Terry has is because he had a nice wage increase at chelsea. A situation like this plays in to the players hands, where either Lescott ends up wether it there or here i guantee he be on more money.

He won't yet, the only reason Terry has is because he had a nice wage increase at chelsea. A situation like this plays in to the players hands, where either Lescott ends up wether it there or here i guantee he be on more money.

Have you got a link or anything to back this up?

Have you got a link or anything to back this up?

no but that what ssn were saying about Terry, that he on more money now then he was, to keep him at the club. Lescott will probably do the same, an its a fact that if he goes to city he be on 80 odd grand a week.

As much as I would hate to see Lescott go (mostly would hate to see Citeh get ahold of a rock in the back), anywhere from 18mil+player to 20mil would be a damn good piece of business.

With that money (or even half of it) I would think Moyes would move swiftly and intelligently for a few unexpected and undiscovered signings. Perhaps even one in excess of 10mil. But, it's all speculation, and wishful thinking.

To be fair, is he goes, we're gonna be f*cked. We'll only have 1 fit CB in Yobo, plus we're gonna have to use that money to get in not just a replacement but also the cover we need at the moment. If he does go, then I can see us having a shocking start to the season again. For sure Moyes doesn't want him to go, and unless it's a ridiculous amount and J-lo himself says he wants the move, then it won't happen. However, saying that, I've got a sneaky suspicion that it just might. Anyway, until we get more definite news about this and not just paper talk, then as far as I'm concerned that's just what it is.

(On another note: Maybe we can do a deal where we sell him to city for about 20mil then immediately get him back on loan for the season;)

http://goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/07/29/1409954/joleon-lescott-ready-to-leave-everton-for-manchester-city

If he does go, and his career goes down hill from here then I have no sympathy for him.

I recon it's all about the money. Man city are buying there way into the top 5, maybe even 4.

Undoutabley money would be a major factor if he does move, but could you honestly blame him for going?

He would triple his wages and also be joining a club that is clearly going places where as if he stays he would be at a club in limbo that cant move forward until new investors are found, and theres no sign of that changing anytime soon

For any team to improve and push on you have to buy new players that are better to what you currently have, that's just common sense.

Chelski did it when Roman took over... that's just the way of the world. The thing is, Chelski where already the second best team in the league whereas City are mid table mediocrity, therefore they need to replace about 8 or 9 of their first XI.

A new owner comes in with loads of money and he wants success; do you a) buy one or 2 starts a year to move up the league gradually, or B) buy as many as you can to try and get guaranteed instant success?

As for players, unless they are playing for their boyhood club and already getting paid a wedge, i.e. at the top 4 already, then they will undoubtedly move when offered to double their money. Lescott has no ties to Everton, he is an employee first and foremost. Yes, there is a great comradery but does anyone really think that is worth £2million a year (estimate based on £40k/week salary increase)- no, is the answer I would suggest.

I just hope that this isn't the start of bad times. Pienaar has rejected the initial contract offer, I'd very worried about what would happen to Arteta if Fabregas went back to Spain as he would certainly fill the gap for Wenger. Arteta has come out and said we need to buy new players, as has Lescott and to see another pre-season when we bring no-one in and anyone we are linked with moves elsewhere and the club releases statements to confirm we were never interested in them must make the players doubt the ambition of the club.

Other clubs are in more debt than us and can buy players so although I accept that is a factor others manage it.

Moyes dragged his feet over his contract and finally signed it, I'd have thought that would have included some assurances over transfer funds, so again if the club renage on this what does this mean?

It's another frustrating pre-season as an Everton supporter. We see other clubs around us active and buying players, We have lost 3 or 4 squad players and brought no one in to replace them. We over achieve based on the number of players we have and sooner or later that will bite us on the ar5e.

If Lescott wants to go, sell him for the best price, get the money in and use this (if Moyes is allowed) to bring a few more in and they are certainly needed.

Hopefully I've not said anything there to upset anyone and receive a torrent of abuse :lol:

Not looking great....he's odds-on (1-2) to go to City and 6-4 to stay (with Skybet).

If he goes and we get Onuoha in return what chance Onuoha going to SA next summer and Lescott missing out? That would be pure genius :D (getting my revenge in early there :unsure: ).