IGNORED

Barton?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All you have said there Adams is what EFC fan said 3 posts up.

EFCfan. I beleive that he was stalling to see if anyone came in for him but I don't think there has been any confirmed reports that anyone has bid for him yet. A bit like what happened when he put a transfer requet in January and got no where

I do think hes either had talks with us or will be shortly though, Moyes wants him at Everton and he wants to play for Everton there are just a few problems. The fans reaction to the signing being the main one that worries Barton.

39956[/snapback]

B) i can understand that ;)

Manchester City boss Stuart Pearce is optimistic that the Joey Barton contract saga will end in the near future.

The combative midfielder was offered a four-year extension to his City deal in January, but is still to put pen to paper.

He was linked with both Arsenal and Middlesbrough earlier in the summer, but no formal offers were received and Pearce now expects the 23-year-old to commit his future to City.

"Joey's a good player and I don't think there's a cloud hanging over him," the Citizens chief told the Manchester Evening News.

"He will sign his contract soon and be a City player for a long time to come.

"I think Joey's form suffered a little since January, and he freely admits that, but we hope to get him tied up on a long-term contract. We've never said any different."