IGNORED

Philippe Senderos Signed On Loan

Sprooly

I remember reading a quote from Martin O'Neill recently saying he wouldn't bankrupt Villa for the sake of paying over inflated prices. Moyes is sticking to his guns too, which is good to see.

How naive! Moyes gets too much praise for this one, he can't pay because he hasn't the money to get close to a valuation. As usual names are discussed and thrown at the media to suppress anger and annoyance amongst the fans, the reality is unless Kenwright can convince Moyes to sell Lescott and stay in his job, we have NO cash to sign anybody.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How naive! Moyes gets too much praise for this one, he can't pay because he hasn't the money to get close to a valuation. As usual names are discussed and thrown at the media to suppress anger and annoyance amongst the fans, the reality is unless Kenwright can convince Moyes to sell Lescott and stay in his job, we have NO cash to sign anybody.

How do you know...... You keep telling us we have no money but your basing this on what fact.......

As I see it we were willing to spend.... 4-6m on a rightback that was going to sit on the bench........ I can think of other things to spend my money on....

Tha Facts ARE.... HE HAS A BUDGET.... WHATEVER IT MAY BE.......

You carnt just start paying over the odds....do you not get it.....

ie if you have 2 players lined up...... both valued at 5m and we have 10m budet........you carnt go and offer 6 just because someone else comes along offering silly money........

we fail because other teams have BIGGER budgets... v simple...... Sunderland Villa City Portsmouth all have new mega rich owners

Stop saying we have "NO MONEY" we do..... we just carnt compete with the mega rich out there

How do you know...... You keep telling us we have no money but your basing this on what fact.......

As I see it we were willing to spend.... 4-6m on a rightback that was going to sit on the bench........ I can think of other things to spend my money on....

ie if you have 2 players lined up...... both valued at 5m and we have 10m budet........you carnt go and offer 6 just because someone else comes along offering silly money........

we fail because other teams have BIGGER budgets... v simple...... Sunderland Villa City Portsmouth all have new mega rich owners

Stop saying we have "NO MONEY" we do..... we just carnt compete with the mega rich out there

I agree DM.... people keep saying we have no budget, but I have not heard or seen anything to say that. We put in a bid for Naughton which was very good for a young, untried championship full back. Spurs came along and offered another Mill and better personal terms, cos they seem to have a bottomless pit and don't mind giving silly wages.

I think DM is right to stick to his valuation, whether that is buying or selling. Senderos will be cover for Jags, and will be benchbound for large parts of the season when Jags and Yobo are fit... do you want to spend £6m on him? I don't... would rather do the £8m on Taylor who could push both of the others regularly....

The lack of "ins" is very frustrating and I want to see some quality added... but if the quality doesn't come cos we have bought average players at overrated prices... that would piss me off more!

It's OK DM...you get used to just ignoring people like him.

It's OK DM...you get used to just ignoring people like him.

Im just pissed off with hearing the same old stories based on complete bulshit....... and unless the fella next to me has moved his season ticket im gonna have to listen to it all fucking season......So im anticipatimg a full blown argument tomorrow....Im ina bad mood already..... I can imaginge the fella booing non stop at Lescott... hes one of them Big Baldy meat head types that argues with EVERYONE near him......

ANYWAY......

First DM, calm down ffs! Second can you provide me evidence there IS money to spend, because Kenwright himself said many times he has no more cash to plough in. Everton like most teams either rely on loans or sky money to finance deals, and because on/off the pitch there isn't much money coming into the club like a United or Arsenal then most extra cash gets sucked into the debts.

Whether you like it or not (I know how you feel as I'm equally pissed about it) the club hasn't buttons to spend. You talked about finding the right player, even when we did like for Naughton part of the delay was us actually getting a loan together. It isn't easy when there isn't much to loan against except the sky money, that's the reality. We currently are still paying off part of the Felliani deal this year, so it isn't as easy as people DM or the village idiot thinks.

Anyway if you don't believe a word I said, please read:

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/25122/No_place_to_hide_in_credit_league_as_Merseyside_clubs_enjoy_differing_fortunes_.aspx

Edited by CaptainFerguson10

senderos has probably signed for spurs by now. moyes, quite your flucking dithering and sign him...a few extra pennies don't need to be saved.

Ha, so I said the wrong club...shoulda seen Sunderland coming. I'd still like to see this one come off our way.

Ha, so I said the wrong club...shoulda seen Sunderland coming. I'd still like to see this one come off our way.

There remains hope, DM has states on the OS that he hopes there will be additions in the next 48hrs.. though he did emphasise the youth squad...

Anyway, 12hrs 40mins to go :)

There remains hope, DM has states on the OS that he hopes there will be additions in the next 48hrs.. though he did emphasise the youth squad...

Anyway, 12hrs 40mins to go :)

He didnt even mention the youth squad!

"I hope maybe within the next 48 hours or so we will have a couple of new players added to the squad. If we do that then we will start to rebuild from the players we lost last season."

Apparently your lot have only bid £2m for him and Sunderland big £6m. However, after watching Senderos play in the week Bruce withdrew his intrest.

As an Arsenal fan, I think he'd do well. He's got an issue with confidence but I think he'd suit your defensive style more than ours because you play deep and we don't. Senderos in one game can look world class and then a week later look average. He struggles against players with pace i.e Torres and he also troubles with Drogba but I do believe that's because of how high our defence play.

He'd be a good signing for your lot and I hope he does well if he signs.

Hey Fellas hope ur not too dispondent, Arsenal fan here & i wont gloat about the result, I just thought id through my two penneth into your Senderos debate.

I truly think he could prove to be a really good signing for you & really cant believe some of the opinion/criticism towards the player on here.

Firstly because of the system wenger plays believe me most centre backs are gonna be exposed from time to time at arsenal. A combination of a high back line ( so if you aint got great pace your gonna struggle), marauding attack minded full backs & often little protection from midfield means its a far from easy task playing that position for us! This along with greater media attention on top 4 champs league teams means mistakes are gonna be highlighted far more often than with a lot of sides .

Ive always had a bit of a soft spot for Sendy who in my eyes is a bit of an old school defender, he isnt blessed with electric pace & unfortunately has a rather ungainly style that can often make him look rather clumsy & in my opinion attract more attention to an error than maybe a more stylish player would. But i defo think under the right system he could flourish & is a good no nonsense backs against the wall style defender.

He may be short on confidence at the moment but hey hes only 24 & i think he still has great potential. I also seem to remember a similar style of player, a certain Tony Adams getting donkey chants at the same age & he turned out ok! (please note im am not suggesting he will become an absolute legend like TA!)

Now If you are talking about valuations, i have seen 2 mill mentioned on here & thats a joke ( at those levels have a sniff round division 1). I think we sold Pascal Cygan who was a total joke for more than that! Actually he went on to do quite well in spain as it happens. Anyway If you value lescott at 30 mill :D then on those terms i would want 12 mill+ for sendy! But being serious, i think lescotts worth no more than 15mill unless city are bidding! Senderos was offered to Milan for 6m but he was unlucky with injuries there & perhaps wasnt the type of cultured stylish CB the Italians were after? Im sure Wenger who is very fair to players when it comes to letting them go would now release him for 5m, maybe 4millish + add ons or a percentage of a sell on fee at a push? Any less & it would be stupid. If you sign him God even if he totally bombed (which i dont think he would) say you wanted shut after a couple of years? Im sure a mid twentys player with top European experience & a proven international with over 30 caps for his country could still be offloaded onto the continent for 3-4 mill easy! Its a no brainer & if he did really well your looking at potentially 10 mill+ player with sell on value!

Get your money for Joleon 20 mill :) & snap up sendy & make a couple of smart additions with the remaining funds, that would be my advice.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Get your money for Joleon 20 mill :) & snap up sendy & make a couple of smart additions with the remaining funds, that would be my advice.

That's looking to be a no-brainer to most now, we just have to hope DM agrees :) . If not Senderos then Taylor maybe....or both would be better.

Thanks for the contribution blink.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Heitinga and Jags should be our CB pairing so unless he wants to sit his arse on the bench he won't be coming here.

Plus, he makes even more mistakes than Yobo and then doesn't have the pace that Yobo has to try and make up for them. It was a no from me when this move first looked on and it's still a no from me.

Heitinga and Jags should be our CB pairing so unless he wants to sit his arse on the bench he won't be coming here.

Plus, he makes even more mistakes than Yobo and then doesn't have the pace that Yobo has to try and make up for them. It was a no from me when this move first looked on and it's still a no from me.

That for me would be our best pairing by far when we have a fit squad, I don't mind Senderos i think he's an ok player but he is prone to the odd clanger no worse then Yobo in my book.

cant really see heitinga as a centre back in fact i dont know what position is going to be his best...im still not sure about him hes hard i will give him that and hes got a following on the st end but i want to see him in a settled position.

Full name John Gijsbert Alan Heitinga

Date of birth 15 November 1983 (1983-11-15) (age 26)

Place of birth Alphen aan den Rijn, Netherlands

Height 1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)[1]

Playing position Defender

From what i have read about him previous to playing here most think that is his best position? I think both have qualities that could make a partnership if paired up a sort of Ferdinand Vidic set up, We have Fellaini Cahill Neville Heitinga Osman Pienaar Bily Arteta Rodwell who will all be fighting for a place across the middle of the park so something has to give and considering he is a defender by trade it seems it should be a likely outcome?

Edited by EFC-Paul

cant really see heitinga as a centre back in fact i dont know what position is going to be his best...im still not sure about him hes hard i will give him that and hes got a following on the st end but i want to see him in a settled position.

:blink::blink: That is his peferred position and I think his best performances for us so far have come when he has played at CB

After watching him against Brum yesterday I don't know how anyone CAN'T see CB as his position, he was immense back there.