IGNORED

Philippe Senderos Signed On Loan

Sprooly

After watching him against Brum yesterday I don't know how anyone CAN'T see CB as his position, he was immense back there.

His profile on the OS...

"He's...one of Hollands's most experienced defenders, racking up nearly 50 caps and occasionally captaining his country before switching to the Toffees.

Heitinga can play at both his preferred central defensive role and at right-back, having fulfilled both positions successfully for his country."

That's good enough for me.

And we gave him the number five :) . If he's not a center back he shouldn't have got it.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heitinga is a natural CB, very similar in style to jags. (see the Heitinga thread for what comparisons i made), and i think with Heitingas obvious ability to pass and Jags leadership and game reading they may make a corker of a pairing when he's back, im excited. Granted it maybe too late by then, but lets hope they work well and look forward to next year eh ;)

• 4 weeks later...

According to EPL It is reported that Wenger is looking for around £1million for Senderos, after the sale of Lucas not bad £250.000, id have him, if he improves under Moyesy (which he should) him n Jags , move Johnny to RB????

Why on earth move him to RB Heitinga is a centre back it is his preferred position which he seems damn good at, If Coleman gets given the chance and continue's to be as good as he has looked in the little he's played and Jags gets back to his old self we will without doubt have one of the best back four's in the league, Senderos will make a decent stop gap or squad player.

True....back to Fanni at RB then,i like Coleman but u know what DM can be like with youngsters,soft spot for Hibbo coz hes longest serving current player at the mo but... not good enough, Neville! not good enough but DM likes him so...good RB and a goalscorer for me

According to EPL It is reported that Wenger is looking for around £1million for Senderos, after the sale of Lucas not bad £250.000, id have him, if he improves under Moyesy (which he should) him n Jags , move Johnny to RB????

Think im with everyone else on this. Johnny since he's been played in his favoured position at cb has been immense and i cant see any reason to move him from there. On Senderos i don't really rate him not a patch on Johnny or Jags but probably as good or the same as Yobo an Distan.

According to this website he has signed on loan...

http://www.evertonbanter.co.uk/2010/01/everton-agree-loan-deal-for-ar.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+EvertonBanter+%28Everton+Banter%29

I dont know how reliable it is but the author seems pretty confident its gone through. I wouldnt mind him on loan as cover, a bit like Gardner was last year. With Heitinga not able to play in the EL and Disitn/Jags not properly fit it makes sense to me.

You never know he might surprise us and end up being at the heart of our defence for years to come!

I just don't see the logic behind this move, more on Senderos' part than ours. He wants regular first-team football to boost his World Cup chances but he's just not going to get that here.

To be fair Jags is still out and has been out for such a long period it may take him a bit of time to get back to his beat, Johhny H cant play in Europe, Yobo is injured which only leaves Distin and Duffy

Im not a fan of Senderos but I can see why he has brought him in and I think he will get games for us especially in Europe

I'm not too sure about Senderos's ability, but I think he'll turn out to be a better signing than Jo, at any rate, whether he'll do better then Niell did in his short time here, is open to question. However, we need numbers at the back and looking at the transfer market at the moment there are not that many decent defenders out there with Prem experience. He may not be the best player for us, but I think at the moment, firstly, he could do a job (ie. fill in and backup), and secondly, he may be the better of all evils, considering the players that are available to us in the transfer market.

After watching Dustbin yesterday we really do need Senderos :unsure:.

Agreed...he lost every header and ball to...wait for it...McFadden of all fcuking people!? he did more that game than he did for the whole 3 years he was with us. Distin had a foot advantage over him and lost out everytime, bring someone who wants to play in!

senderos.jpg

Even Senderos doesn't like the look of the new shirt, he even kept it on the hanger... "I can't wear that, its like a wonder bra" :P

People have questioned the players attitude as to whether they are 'fit' to waer the shirt, well imo the shirt doesn't fit anybody haha LeCoq better do a better job next season!

Even Senderos doesn't like the look of the new shirt, he even kept it on the hanger... "I can't wear that, its like a wonder bra" :P

People have questioned the players attitude as to whether they are 'fit' to waer the shirt, well imo the shirt doesn't fit anybody haha LeCoq better do a better job next season!

Not entirely relevant, but I just got my home kit and I actually think it looks much better in person. It's a good material and the color is top quality. The bib part is a joke, but again I think it looks better in person than the pictures show.

--

Back on topic, I think Senderos might just prove useful. As, I think, an Arsenal fan on here said, he's been played in a team formation that is not really suited to his style of play and I think that our formation might work much better for him. Pure speculation of course, but maybe we just need a little optimism.