IGNORED

Philippe Senderos Signed On Loan

Sprooly

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't think he was too bad. He looked a lot more composed than Distin has lately. I supposed he hasn't had many games lately and was selected ahead of Distin more for that fact that Distin was injured than anything else. I wasn't over impressed but I also didn't see that much that would give me too much cause for concern. We'll see who starts on Saturday as to whether he did enough to keep his place I suppose.

• 2 months later...

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2010/04/21/senderos-admits-frustration

Seeing as he'll be free do you think Moyes might sign him permanently?

Is he needed? Perhaps so. Duffy could maybe go on loan next season and there might be a need to hold on to Senderos for backup, but would he be willing to sign in the knowledge that he's merely backup? Can't see him displacing Distin, Heitinga, Jagielka or Yobo.

I wouldn't want him to sign him, not in a million years. But, Moyes may be thinking that he could get rid of Yobo for cash and then bring in a replacement for nothing. I just wish it was someone better than Senderos (if that is Moyes' thinking at all obviously).

end of the day, the lad has played for Arsenal and AC Milan, 2 massive clubs and has played in both CL and Europa competitions. He is only 25, certain to never be a star but not too old to not improve further. On a free = bargin.

Edited by galacticaracnid

end of the day, the lad has played for Arsenal and AC Milan, 2 massive clubs and has played in both CL and Europa competitions. He is only 25, certain to never be a star but not too old to not improve further. On a free = bargin.

Would you sign someone like Djimi Traoré? He's got a Champions League medal... :P

Ah no I know what you mean.

For my tuppence worth, for a free transfer, I could take the chance. As said above, he's got a bit of worthy experience, is an international player, not too old, I personally don't think he's any worse than Distin or Yobo, so I don't see why not. Of course, he's no Terry or Ferdinand, or Jags for that matter, but there aren't many who are. He'd get into most teams in the Prem, so why not, at least back up, in ours.

Ok, granted, we don't have the best defence in the league, but (for me) more important for us is to make sure we're putting goals away at the other end of the pitch. If we can get good-halfdecent cover at the back at a 'reasonable' (or:free) price that means we can spend more on keeping Pienaar and adding more attacking options.

Prefer if we let him and Yobo go and go in for Steven Taylor. As good as Heitinga has been in midfield, I would still prefer him to be a centre back. So that leaves us with 4 centre backs, maybe give somebody like Duffy a go next year so that makes 5.

• 1 month later...