IGNORED

Sigma (Away)

Adpom

A little harsh given the situation. Confidence stems from the back and with Yobo and Pip at the back I doubt even the cheshire cat would be grinning!. Yobo is a good CB but only when he has someone there to lead him, which is where the experienced Distan will come in.

We are also in poor form genraly at the mo which doesnt help. I think playing away and getting a result with 10 men is a good job done. At the moment its about getting results, when they come confidence will grow and so will the form of the team.

Everton needs us to cheer them on now. Everyone knows the problems, and I hope a couple of additional signings will help. Moaning wont help, lets cheer them on and let the team settle after the Lescott fiasco.

COYB

i didn't mean it in a harsh type of way lol, we just need to bring in some solid players and start playing football, in my opinion if it was wigan tonight i dont think we would have got 3 points but hopefully getting into the group stages will boost the lads confidence for sunday!

In Moyes We Trust

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must say that these guys of Five do know their stuff. They're much more clued in than those arses at Setanta and even Sky.

Man are you being sarcastic? I almost hit the TV in frustration when one of them claimed James Wallace to be "a young Irish youth international". The guy's not even Irish at all and he played under 16 without being eligible. That fact really annoys me.

Danny boy was signed as a right back if memory serves.

was anyone else extrememly disappointed by the overall performance though? i seem to have watched a completely different game to everyone else! we were crap and if we played like that against a better team we wouldve been chewed up and spat out several times over. was extremely disappointed watchin it, but it was good to see the kids getting a run out and the yak back...

Danny boy was signed as a right back if memory serves.

was anyone else extrememly disappointed by the overall performance though? i seem to have watched a completely different game to everyone else! we were crap and if we played like that against a better team we wouldve been chewed up and spat out several times over. was extremely disappointed watchin it, but it was good to see the kids getting a run out and the yak back...

I understand your disappointment in the performance. I too would have liked to see us pass a ball to an Everton player more often. I would like to have seen an Everton player take a pass and keep control of the ball more often. I would liked to have seen a few goals going in. In fact there are a few things I would have liked to have seen. But for ten men to play almost an entire match, where it was unlikely in the extreme that we would be knocked out anyway, and to not want to have more players booked/sent off or injured. Well I am satisfied. They had a job to do and did it without too much drama or too much risk.

I understand your disappointment in the performance. I too would have liked to see us pass a ball to an Everton player more often. I would like to have seen an Everton player take a pass and keep control of the ball more often. I would liked to have seen a few goals going in. In fact there are a few things I would have liked to have seen. But for ten men to play almost an entire match, where it was unlikely in the extreme that we would be knocked out anyway, and to not want to have more players booked/sent off or injured. Well I am satisfied. They had a job to do and did it without too much drama or too much risk.

i understand the 10 men and we had a job to do arguements. but the reason i was miffed was because the only time ive seen us play anything near decent, this season, was the second half of the 1st leg. i wanted them to go out and dictate. but we were lucky that they werent better opposition. 4-0 in a first leg and playing someone like Benefica away in the 2nd leg the way weve played so far, well... it will just be a very nervous 90 minutes and i dont think i would have any fingernails left!

i am usually one of the optimistic evertonians, one who is often made fun of because ive got blue tinted glasses (i really do!) but im just struggling to find anything positive at the moment. ive defended Jo and Felli all preseason but frankly, theyre not doing my defence justice. i hope we destroy wigan, and if we dont then we at least play well, like we can do...

The opposition were half decent, and to hold them away with ten men was just about ok, but to be honest, a really good direct team would have ripped us to pieces last night.

We will improve, I just hope it's pretty quick.

Where would we be without Pienaar!.....he slipped a fantastic ball through to Jo, but he couldn't conect with it, He(Pienaar) scored a very well taken goal, and was the only Everton player who looked capable of creating things.

We did a job, for that they deserve some credit.The Yak looked strong!......and slow!!