IGNORED

Blackburn (Home)

Romey 1878

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we carry on from last nights performance and employ the same formation we should beat them convincingly, We all know we are slow starters and have had a poor first few games but i think last night could/should be the kick start we need.

Im going with 3-1 Bily Distin and Yak and Diouf for them.

If we carry on from last nights performance and employ the same formation we should beat them convincingly...

The same formation we started with or the same formation we finished with?

It was lovely to see but I have my doubts Davey will start a league game with Yak, Saha & Jo on the pitch :P .

i'm worried he put osman an Hibbert bk in the team.

I think if he starts with the same team as last n8, but maybe heits at right back, i think we win 3 or 4-0 if he starts Hibbo an Osman ,i'll go for 2-1 to us.

Dont know, Hibbert played quite well against Fulham. I think he'll be starting at right back with Heitinga as defensive midfielder.

Howard

Heitinga....Yobo....Distin....Baines

Pienaar....Cahill....Rodwell....Billy

Saha.....Jo

Bench:

Nash

Hibbo

Neill

Gosling

Yak

Fellaini

Osman

3-0 to us, Saha, Jo and Billy (the three lefties!)

Dunno it that'll be the way we start, Moyesie will prolly put Fellaini in for one of the front men, but I'd love to see him play two strikers.

Don't know about anyone else, but I was fucking pumped to see us play 3 quality strikers at the same time on thursday! I'm super excited just having a look at our bench! look at how much quality we have on the bench. Just think that once Jags and Arteta are back, we're gonna have top Prem talent that won't even get into the matchday squad

The same formation we started with or the same formation we finished with?

It was lovely to see but I have my doubts Davey will start a league game with Yak, Saha & Jo on the pitch :P .

The way we started mate if we keep the same shape as we started with would be a better way of wording it, I cant remember i time we looked so sharp and offensive down both flanks as we did last night and although Athens where quite poor we looked very good.

I think if we win this it could be the start of our season, we have been very good in the past 3 or 4 years of putting very good runs together. A convincing win against Blackburn would be the perfect way to build on the great performance against AEK Athens.

I also think the performance against Athens convinced Moyes that Fellani, Cahill and Rodwell are a effective mid field trio.

COYB

Sadly I can see the team being:

...........Howard...........

Hibbert..Yobo..Distin..Baines

.....Heitinga..Rodwell.......

Osman....Cahill......Pienaar

.............Jo..............

Yak not rushed in, Billy rested as pre-caution, Heit in for Neville.

I'd like to see:

...........Howard.............

Hietinga..Yobo..Distin..Baines

.........Felli..Rodwell.......

Pienaar.....Cahill......Billy

.............Yakubu...........

Felli looks quality in europe in the deeper role just putting a foot in, I hope billy's fit enough and would be disappointed if heit is used as a replacement to nev. As for Yak, he doesn't look 100% ready yet but I'd rather see him play for 60mins with saha or jo coming in when he's done a shift.

As for score... fook knows!

Looking forward to tomorrow! I think we can win our next 6 games.

For tomorrow I think we should go with:

......Fellaini..Rodwell.......

.............Saha...........

If we are winning second half osman may come on, and yak will prob come on for half an hour.

I will go with 3-0 :) Cahill, Saha and Yakubu

Coyb

Looking forward to tomorrow! I think we can win our next 6 games.

For tomorrow I think we should go with:

......Fellaini..Rodwell.......

.............Saha...........

If we are winning second half osman may come on, and yak will prob come on for half an hour.

I will go with 3-0 :) Cahill, Saha and Yakubu

Coyb

I like this team, not sure about billy, may come on as a sub if hes not fully fit

I think fellaini and cahill played excellent on thursday, normally have to pick between the two.

Cahill worked his socks off and fellaini didnt do any rash moves

You can tell they are all fighting for places now

i really wouldnt mind gosling in right back, but i suppose the prem is a lot tougher than playing AEK. good cover is heintiga isnt doing the job though

I really cannot see heitenga playing fullback, people with knowledge of the dutch league will know, Heitenga isnt too comfortable there and is wasted there anyway tbh.

I would rest Rodders and play that.

...............Howard................

Gosling...Yobo........Distin...Baines

.........Heitenga..Fellaini..........

...Pienaar.....Cahill........Billy...

...............Yakubu................

Edited by Blue4Ever

Gosling ahead of Hibbert? I understand wanting Hibbo out of the team but that makes me a bit uneasy.

we need to play football today and with Hibbert and Yobo on we really wont play it on the floor. We do it evertytime against Blackburn, both teams hoofball and Samba comes out on top. I would understand playing Heitenga fullback today as Rodwell is playing out of his skin but I would like to see him have his home debut in his favoured position. Im not Goslings biggest fan but he done well on thursday and he played it well on the floor, so he should keep his place. As the moyes policy states any player who does reasonably ok keeps there place the next game ( Hibbert Yobo Neville Osman )

Edited by Blue4Ever

Gosling ahead of Hibbert? I understand wanting Hibbo out of the team but that makes me a bit uneasy.

Never gonna happen and nor should it. How anyone could suggest putting Gosling into a premier league game based on his performance against AEK is beyond me. He did fine but had zero defending to do.

The old addige of "Dont change a winning team" comes to mind, having said that good as Gosling was against AEK they are not a premier leauge team. I think Gosling will be a very good player at either Right back or Right midfield, but not this season, and not when we are trying to put a run together.

I would swap Gosling for Heitinger, leave the rest of the team as the one that started against AEK. Rodwell is playing well and the midfield trio of Rodwell Fellani and Cahill impressed me alot, and I would not change that. Yak, Saha or Jo upfront al have their posatives. Saha maybe has a point ot prove after the AEK sending off (which wasnt a sending off IMHO - although you cant raise your hands) Jo playes well at home, the Yak looked a bit rusty so maybe have him on the bench.

This game is so important to us. We have a good run of fixtures so to win hear could realy set us on a run and give us impastus that we need.

Whatever 11 starts the game lets cheer them on, prey for an early Everton lead, and a resounding victory for the Toffees!

Gosling will never have an easier game than he had against Athens the other night! and Hibert with perhaps Pienaar on his side could be a different story.

Boy do we need a win!I'm hoping Rodwell is spending training time on that long shot of his....and Billy on those corner deliveries, because they are both pretty potent weapons.

For Rodwells overall development he needs.....playing time (getting it)....good players around him (improving, and Arteta will obviously help)....goals ( scored a couple, and had a couple of shots blocked)....AND A FEW MORE WINS!!.I think young he may be and certainly not the finished player, but the extra confidence from winning will really bring him on.

Now if Blackburn could just help us with moving Rodwell along, by perhaps not marking Cahill at corners, then I'm sure we will all go home happy today.....OH and Big Sam, we remember your coments last season to the ref!!.......about "watching Cahill"..well today I'm hoping.....the ref, the players and fans....AND YOU fat sam are watching Cahill....punching the fuc% out of those corner flags!