IGNORED

Benfica (Away)

FairWooney

Gutted weve made them look better than they are tonight,Weve got a skeleton squad..I think that might of affected some of the senior players,I think with a fully fit squad it would have been different tonight.Benfica are a good team and have a good record in europe,lets hope we can get some players back soon.

unbeaten in 7, then concede 5 in one game, got to give it to Benfica they have looked a good team...but we have made them look like superstars, which they're not.

De meria is a quality player and has taken full advantage of Gosling.

it can only get better i suppose? :unsure:

Gosling has been overwhelmed and apparently Distin is worried about a roast he's left in the oven at home.

Saha looked the only person worthy of an everton jersey when he came on, had a good shot, some good passing.

Very,Very poor performance,made them look better than they were and....well....basically got took to the cleaners.

Hope peanuts, bainsy and Joey are back for Bolton....that wont be an easy game at all. Especially when you look at what happend with Wolves and Stoke (all have similar styles of football).

Hope Moyes can have a word with a few of the senior players too, Fellaini looked SHITE...and thats an understatement (and im a big fan of his), Cahill just isnt pulling his weight anymore and well....Distin.... :suicide_anim:

I know Everton are much better than what they showed tonight, but give some credit to Benfica too.

The season has just started, and already we've beaten teams by 8-1, 6-0, 5-0 three times, we beat Portsmouth 4-0 and Sunderland 2-0 in pre-season, we've got the best goals-per-game average in Europe.

42 goals in 13 official matches so far averages 3,23 goals per game

Good luck in the EPL.

Edited by benfica4life

2 5 goals losses in the first quarter of the season. that's got to be a fucking record.

That's what I'm so angry about, we've played two real top quality teams so far this season and we've been embarrassed in both games. The last time I felt so sick watching us was when we self-destructed in Bucharest, and I'm afraid to say this season just feels like that all over again. Our heads just dropped second half, no spirit, no guts, and no ability whatsoever. And for the record I don't think I've ever seen a player have a worse game in an Everton shirt than Fellaini tonight - I usually defend him but he can fuck off, if i see his stupid useless afro again i might be forced to shove it right up his useless arse, still attached to his fucking head. Couldn't make his passing any worse.

On a more measured note, I just don't get it. 6, 8, 10 months ago the odds were stacked right against us injury wise, yet it galvanised us, we were holding our own against and beating the best in the Premiership, we looked a proper team. Now we look like a bunch of strangers - where's the spirit gone? Yeah I know it was a scratch defence, but jesus, Benfica must have thought Christmas had come early the way we gifted them their goals second half, EVERY one was down to basic errors from us? Why? What's going wrong, why has the mentality of the whole team changed all of a sudden? And where's the leadership from senior players? (although I guess you could only call Yak, Cahill, Howard and Hibbo 'senior' tonight...) Moyes has got a massive, massive job on his hands - by the time Benfica come to ours, we could easily be out the Carling Cup and a further 4 or 6 places adrift in the Premiership, and we'll be all but playing for our season. I hope he goes mental and scares the crap out of them so they never dream of playing like that again, but he looked like he couldn't be arsed. In summary, angry and worried.

Edited by nogs

ok here is my opinion , due to injuries & ineligible players we should have made our defence as strong as possible :-

GK tim howard

RB hibbert

CB rodwell

CB distin

LB coleman or any left back from reserves or youth

why didnt moyes see the problems with gosling at RB ? , it was clear against bate borisov how he was exploited !!!

here for our midfield

MR gosling

MC cahill

DM any youngster that will give his all ?

MC fellaini

MR billy

ok the dm is a problem but surely we could have filled this position with a reserve or youth ?

that leaves just 1 up front

ST saha

when we really needed to play 4-5-1 moyes fucked it up !!

how does jo get a start ahead of saha ? the mind boggles

too many top players let us down but why was billy replaced instead of jo by saha ?

moyes didnt havent the best squad for our biggest group game but he didnt exactly pick a team to at least get a draw or small loss , 5-0 was embarrassment beyond belief against an average team at best

And for the record I don't think I've ever seen a player have a worse game in an Everton shirt than Fellaini tonight - I usually defend him but he can fuck off, if i see his stupid useless afro again i might be forced to shove it right up his useless arse, still attached to his fucking head. Couldn't make his passing any worse.

That wouldn't make his passing any worse....but it could hinder his heading ability!

Seems I was lucky not to see the game! I was out and from a distance saw a tv screen with three scores on.At distance my eyes told me they were all 0-0.....it was only as I got closer to the screen that my eyes really let me down :(

Well it all went tits up tonight really, I thought even though a goal down we could still get something out of the game at half time but we just imploded.

I still think we will give them a shock at home given we have a few players back at the time as we made them look a far superior side tonight not taking anything away from them as they have some great talent. We need to play a blinder against Bolton to get our season on track.

First of all, sorry for my bad english.

Second, I really respect your club and posture and you share one thing with me, we both hate Liverpool FC :D

I also apreciate all the respect that (most of) you showed to my team :)

About the game, the result is fair, we did a great performance.

I hope you lose again in 15 days, but hope you win the other 2 games. Good luck in Premier League, FA Cup and Carling Cup ;)

All credit to Benfica for playing some quality and entertaining football but they were a good team made to look like world beaters by us tonight! I am thoroughly pissed off with the performance this evening especially the second half... Everything the management go on about such as determination, passion and pride seemed to go out the window against Benfica.

Iv never seen a professional football team move so little without the ball, especially in the midfield. There are the few exceptions as always but too many times the ball got to the midfield then they passed it backwards (seems to be a growing trend this year!) and then sit there with a opposition player between the them and the ball meaning the defence have to hoof it clear. Fellaini was a massive culprit of this. He just didnt look like he wanted to move, in fact he probably hasnt left the pitch yet! Im a big fan of his but after tonight abject performance there is no way anyone could stick up for him. He isnt a natural midfield player and shouldnt be relied upon to sit in the middle of the pitch as it completely negates his strengths which is off the shoulder of the main striker. Plus I also think its about time he shaved off his afro, I dont mean to get personal but he really does look like a twat!

Unfortunately he wasnt the only crap player with Cahill being virtually unheard, which is very dissapointing especially as captain! The fullback were obviously way outclassed and Di Maria actually showed how slow Gosling is which could be a big problem in the top flight. The strikers were also poor but I do have some sympathy for them having such terrible service from midfield. Jo looked the livelier of the lot but he just wasnt in the game enough.

On a slightly brighter note (if there is one!) I thought Rodwell did a decent enough job tonight, for someone so young and for me he showed the most heart of all of them out there tonight. He is without doubt the best passer at the club atm (alongside ateta when fit) but he does look a bit jaded and needs a rest. I also thought Distin did a good job with what he had around him tonight. There were a few times when he had to mark two attackers and with the exception of the poor marking for their corner I thought he did alright.

Next up is Bolton and after reading Moyes' comments it sounds like none of the absentees tonight will be back for the weekend with the addition of Billy looking like he might be out. The future looks bleak and unless we can start finding a balance in the centre of the park then we are really going to struggle!

Rant over :P

That's what I'm so angry about, we've played two real top quality teams so far this season and we've been embarrassed in both games. The last time I felt so sick watching us was when we self-destructed in Bucharest, and I'm afraid to say this season just feels like that all over again. Our heads just dropped second half, no spirit, no guts, and no ability whatsoever. And for the record I don't think I've ever seen a player have a worse game in an Everton shirt than Fellaini tonight - I usually defend him but he can fuck off, if i see his stupid useless afro again i might be forced to shove it right up his useless arse, still attached to his fucking head. Couldn't make his passing any worse.

On a more measured note, I just don't get it. 6, 8, 10 months ago the odds were stacked right against us injury wise, yet it galvanised us, we were holding our own against and beating the best in the Premiership, we looked a proper team. Now we look like a bunch of strangers - where's the spirit gone? Yeah I know it was a scratch defence, but jesus, Benfica must have thought Christmas had come early the way we gifted them their goals second half, EVERY one was down to basic errors from us? Why? What's going wrong, why has the mentality of the whole team changed all of a sudden? And where's the leadership from senior players? (although I guess you could only call Yak, Cahill, Howard and Hibbo 'senior' tonight...) Moyes has got a massive, massive job on his hands - by the time Benfica come to ours, we could easily be out the Carling Cup and a further 4 or 6 places adrift in the Premiership, and we'll be all but playing for our season. I hope he goes mental and scares the crap out of them so they never dream of playing like that again, but he looked like he couldn't be arsed. In summary, angry and worried.

That's what I felt when I was watching. I knew EFC had injuries (seems like a damned plague at Goodison, makes you wonder if there's more ot it than bad luck), but Moyes really botched his selections. benfica are offensively balanced, Jesus has always been an attacking manager, and they have quality up front. A new denfense against a side like that, playing at home to an enthusiastic croud, as benfica fans are always at the start of every season (reality sinks in later on ;) ), was a tremendous risk. And while the 1st half, Everton didn't look bad, they didn't really threaten much either. The start of the nd half is terrible. A Premier League team, regular in european competitions, that wants to aspire to higher places, cannot concede 3 goals in 7 minutes. The 1st two are terrible, taking 2 goals in little over 3 minutes, when you have two kickoffs is unnaceptable. Moyes seriously needs to bang some heads on the flight back, but he must also realize that you cannot stirr the pot even more, against a team that's been scoring goals by the handfulls.

so called fans judging fellaini on his 15 mill fee , ok he was shite tonight but so was cahill , jo , rodwell , ets put it too 1 side as we will beat the so fantastic benfica at goodison because we will have yobo , baines & pienaar back at least

I dissagree. The second half, especially, I don't think I saw him make a correct pass. He intercepted a few passes, but always gave possession away, and while cahill was playing outside his position, and rodwell, given fel's absence, actually had to do more than just his job, and he had a couple of nice moves. Fel needed to be the break at the begining of benfica's offensive moves, and he was seldom there. He also needed to be the transition between defense and offense, and he never did that. All in all, I only saw him because of his fro.

just you wait til we get our players back and get you to a european night at goodison! those kids of yours will crap themselves :P good luck yourselves though nice to see you doing well!

With some players back, in 15 days, it's possible to beat them, especially with a more experienced defence.

Edited by Sporting4ever

Ok here is my opinion from the game. Just got back from the game and i'm a little bit pissed (for that read very pissed!) But, in full honesty I am very hesitant to pick out a single player for genuine criticism tonight, considering the injury problems we had. Problems in the squad where caused at the ful back positions (Goslng and Coleman) But I am hesitant to criticise as A) Gosling is a 19 year old right winger being asked to perform at right back, a very different job you must agree, and B ) Coleman, amking his debut in an unfamiliar position in a very hostile ground. They where both ineperienced within these positions but I personally refuse to criticise either of them, it would, in my opinion wrong too.

Benfica where brillainr tonight. Simple as. And to DiabosVermelhos and Benfica_Supporter I give your side full credit, your side has an immense attacking potnitial and if it where not for me watching a systematic demolotion of my own team I would have probably really enjoyed watching your teams display.

Tonight was a genuine dissapointment but considering the team we had available I am not surprised. My full congrats to Benfica, you where fantastic. However I wish Everton had a full team as it could have been a really close competition tonight. Oh well. We pick pur selves up and move on, that is all we can do. COYB's. I still love my team. I still love my players. That's all that matters. No-one did themselves a real dis-servoce tonight which gives an indication to just how good Benfica where tonight.

Anywho. That's me done. I'm really drunk. I was actually surprised tonight, I am in Rugby (in Warwickshire) and went to a pub to watch the game and there where 10 other everton fans there to share my misery! Strange, and funny.... in a way. Bed calls now.

Fearing the worst now that Peanuts & Yobo are out as well, especially the way Benfica have been banging the goals in and the way we have been performing of late.

I would love a draw but Im expecting a rather pessimistic 5-0 drubbing Im afraid

LOL

i know that you must NEVER underestimate a portuguese team..but everton is never going to be outclassed like that by benfica.

and if they are, it is because of the gods trying to make me look like a fool on toffeetalk.

I hope the same gods are offering a good stream online, don't want to miss this one!

edit: my prono.. I'm going for a 1-1

:o

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Jesse_Wray