IGNORED

Hatem Ben Arfa

cover-up or journalist cock-up?

I don't think it was a "cock-up" to be honest, we were linked with him alot and there were quotes from player, the club and his agent.. it was looking like he was going to be paraded around goodison the way all the reports were going on. I hope we can get Ben Arfa in though if Peanuts goes or Joe Cole (prays)

Let me explain, Ben Arfa has some skills, lovely touch ability but he has absolutely no team spirit, he his very individualist. Instead of giving the ball to a teammate in a good position he will stay in solo rush, dribbling again and again and finaly lose the ball.

He never helps the teammate in defensive duties, and swear by him before the team.

That's why he si always on the bench, and when he enters on the field he doesn't have the impact in the game that people expect of him. Also He is not regular, he si good 1/5 games.

About the man, as I said he is very individualist, last year he had an altercation with another player of Marseille (Ziani). He is the opposite of professional player, late at training, enters on the field with his watch on the arm, enter on the field with the wrong shirt...

I prefer 10 times Downing than Bernardfa (Ben Arfa).

Let me explain, Ben Arfa has some skills, lovely touch ability but he has absolutely no team spirit, he his very individualist. Instead of giving the ball to a teammate in a good position he will stay in solo rush, dribbling again and again and finaly lose the ball.

He never helps the teammate in defensive duties, and swear by him before the team.

That's why he si always on the bench, and when he enters on the field he doesn't have the impact in the game that people expect of him. Also He is not regular, he si good 1/5 games.

About the man, as I said he is very individualist, last year he had an altercation with another player of Marseille (Ziani). He is the opposite of professional player, late at training, enters on the field with his watch on the arm, enter on the field with the wrong shirt...

I prefer 10 times Downing than Bernardfa (Ben Arfa).

That doesn't really make him over-rated, it makes him an arsehole.

He is over-rated because people say he should be in the french squad whereas plenty of good players do much more than him and are not recognize... When he is dribbling a player, fans say that is a genious but they just forget all the rest, he is not a complet player but he his very mediatised because of his technical ability.

At High level you have to be good all the year not just 4 or 5 games in the season. We talk too much about him for what he does and not enough about players who are better than him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

2:46 Football Editor: According to reports in France, Newcastle United are trying to sign AC Milan midfielder Mathieu Flamini and Marseille attacker Hatem Ben Arfa, with both players understood to be open to a move to St James' Park.

This is off SSN site..... be a shame to see him (Ben Arfa)go there but Newcastle can offer higher wages than us even though the are a newly promoted team!! But if he has any sense and wants to join a club with real European aspirations he should really join us!

I would actually take both of the players mentioned, i was suprised when Arsenal let Flamini go as they are crying out for a defensive midfield player.

I think song has come on leaps and bounds as a DM, but I agree with letting Flamini go being a mistake....If Ben Arfa does join I'll be disappointed but not surprised, wages are all players seem to care about these days, I'd much prefer to sign younger players with no egos and develop them for cheap, the players we have that are experienced will be with us hopefully for a few more years which means our younger talent has a few years to develop before we start to us them fully.

I'd much prefer to sign younger players with no egos and develop them for cheap

I totally agree. However if we are going to try and break into the lucrative champions league places we need to add quality aswell as bring in young players to develop and sadly we live in a money environment so it looks like money will evidently have to talk in some cases. Look at Rodwell how much he has come on, Coleman the same. We are a club who can nurture great young prospects... rooney, jeffers (touted as the next big thing, although greed and lifestyle ruined his career). It does scare me though that soon as our players gain a repuatation they are surrounded by intense speculation about moves to other clubs. I hope we can break this cycle of breeding great young players and selling them on, it looks like we are trying to do this by getting rodwell to a long contract but without investment we are always going to be suspect to losing our young players to big bids.

I agree with Song, when he went on loan at Charlton a few years ago i was preaching for Moyes to get him on a loan deal or launch a cheeky bid. He looks a real player! I think Felli is going to be a force in defensive midfield in a few years. I think some people forget he also is very young. I am hugely excited for this season, if we can keep hold of our players such as arteta and jags i think we can be in for a very exciting season.

According to SSN transfer watch earlier on, he's been offered to us, Newcastle and I think the shite aswell on loan with a view to permanent deal.

Couldn't really see Hodgson taking on another big ego in the Liverpool dressing room.

Newcastle have just signed a dashing young midfielder :lol: , oh and they're crap...

So that leaves us. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest blueboy122

i would definatley take this lad for 4 million! However i dont think that is anywhere near what his club would be asking for him, i was thinking he would go for more nearer to 10-12 million.

i would definatley take this lad for 4 million! However i dont think that is anywhere near what his club would be asking for him, i was thinking he would go for more nearer to 10-12 million.

I don't want to sound funny here, but in the article it says a £4million bid was rejected, so i dont understand why you wrote that haha

Take him or leave him, simply because i think if everyone stays we have a strong enough squad, don't really need him IMO

I don't want to sound funny here, but in the article it says a £4million bid was rejected, so i dont understand why you wrote that haha

Take him or leave him, simply because i think if everyone stays we have a strong enough squad, don't really need him IMO

Sky Sports say he is in talk with Hoffenheim, they have held talks with him and his agent. Fee is arounf 6.6miilion quid. Cnat get the link up sorry

so what i said i would take him for four million i would also take him for three million? Point?

It would get rejected? :D mate, i said i wasnt trying to be funny, i wasnt trying to make a point, i just didnt understand what you meant