IGNORED

Hatem Ben Arfa

• 1 month later...

Knew this one wouldn't come off, it would have been ace to have Pienaar and Ben Arfa attacking each wing, with Fellaini and creative force (Arteta) making things happen! Be like having two of our won Lennon's lol Shame, but can't blame Marseille for not lending him out!

I havent got a link to the story Im afraid but I have just been reading todays Sun and in the article about Fellaini there is a footnote claiming that we agreed a deal last night with Marsailles to loan Ben Afra until the end of the season with the option to buy him for £9.5M in the summer

I dont know if there is anything in it and the online version doesnt mention it but it would be nice if it was true

I havent got a link to the story Im afraid but I have just been reading todays Sun and in the article about Fellaini there is a footnote claiming that we agreed a deal last night with Marsailles to loan Ben Afra until the end of the season with the option to buy him for £9.5M in the summer

I dont know if there is anything in it and the online version doesnt mention it but it would be nice if it was true

Cheers for that Dunc, Would love him here exactly the type of player we need and for that fee i dont think it would be bad business to be honest in todays market for a player like him.

--------------Howard

coleman--Heitinga--Jags--Baines

------------Fellaini

Arfa---------Arteta------Pienaar

----------Bilyaletdinov

-----------Saha/Yak

Title anyone :P

Edited by EFC-Paul

Cheers for that Dunc, Would love him here exactly the type of player we need and for that fee i dont think it would be bad business to be honest in todays market for a player like him.

--------------Howard

coleman--Heitinga--Jags--Baines

------------Fellaini

Arfa---------Arteta------Pienaar

----------Bilyaletdinov

-----------Saha/Yak

Title anyone :P

That's a very very nice team! Think we could do some damage with that.

• 3 months later...

There is an interesting quote here:

"I have demonstrated this season what I can offer at the top level," said Ben Arfa.

"To have a chance to play in England would be wonderful but the sporting project is more interesting to me than any sums of money."

Is Hatem saying that he wants a challenge with regular football and not, as some may have suggested, moving for the money. I would love this to come off however its being mega optimistic for this actually happening! Ben Arfa has been awesome after the turn of the year (Like our performances, already a connection :lol: messing)

By the sounds of it, Everton have been watching a few Marseille games this season with Ayew and Ben Arfa being linked. Tbh, I wouldn't mind either!?

Werent Arsenal and Utd linked with him? Ive never seen him play but ive been hearing lots of good things. 8mill sounds like a fair price if reports are to be believed, though this is coming from NOTW - i wont hold my breath....

Lol just thought it was a bit ironic that you would say that then display a pic of Johnny H outside Goodison holding up his new shirt right underneath it!

Please explain why in anyway that is ironic, Heitinga cost us around £6.2m the reported figure in that article is £8m at which i said he would command a higher fee then that more in the region of £12m to £16 in my opinion which is more or less atleast double that of what we paid for Johnny, Albeit i was surprised Heitinga came here from Valencia that has no relation to a recycled story about a player who is obviously going to cost a fortune and is wanted by bigger clubs use your loaf!

Edited by EFC-Paul

Please explain why in anyway that is ironic, Heitinga cost us around £6.2m the reported figure in that article is £8m at which i said he would command a higher fee then that more in the region of £12m to £16 in my opinion which is more or less atleast double that of what we paid for Johnny, Albeit i was surprised Heitinga came here from Valencia that has no relation to a recycled story about a player who is obviously going to cost a fortune and is wanted by bigger clubs use your loaf!

Easy tiger I wasnt having a pop I just thought it was ironic because I rate Johhny H as highly as Ben Afra, all be it that they are totally different types of players, and a lot of people scoffed at the idea that we could lure him to Goodison

By all accounts we came pretty close to getting him in January so I dont think its beyond the realms of possibility and he wouldnt be the first player in history to come here when bigger clubs were after them. Oh and I am as surprised as you are that Heitinga came here from Valencia seeing as though he was playing for Atletico Madrid so use your loaf! :P

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic