IGNORED

Hatem Ben Arfa

Please explain why in anyway that is ironic, Heitinga cost us around £6.2m the reported figure in that article is £8m at which i said he would command a higher fee then that more in the region of £12m to £16 in my opinion which is more or less atleast double that of what we paid for Johnny, Albeit i was surprised Heitinga came here from Valencia that has no relation to a recycled story about a player who is obviously going to cost a fortune and is wanted by bigger clubs use your loaf!

I think the point is we can and do attract top class players to this club, we're not just dealing in the Cahill's, Pienaar's, Arteta's etc who we take cheap and turn into class players, in the past three seasons we've landed some big names, Johnny H being the latest of them.

Do Manure/Shitty/Chelski really want to pay a fortune to bring Ben Harfa to the Premiership? Or is it more likely that those three will be chasing the likes of Ribery, Di Maria and Silva? It will be touch and go whether Ben Harfa even makes it to the World Cup, if he doesn't, the rich clubs will definitely be looking elsewhere. I think he's exactly the level of player we should be looking to add to the squad and don't see why we havent got as good a chance as anyone of getting him

Easy tiger I wasnt having a pop I just thought it was ironic because I rate Johhny H as highly as Ben Afra, all be it that they are totally different types of players, and a lot of people scoffed at the idea that we could lure him to Goodison

By all accounts we came pretty close to getting him in January so I dont think its beyond the realms of possibility and he wouldnt be the first player in history to come here when bigger clubs were after them. Oh and I am as surprised as you are that Heitinga came here from Valencia seeing as though he was playing for Atletico Madrid so use your loaf! :P

Sorry mate if that came across abit harsh having a rough morning full of fookin flu, Haha yeah my bad on the Valencia thing what a numbnut haha

• 2 weeks later...

No...its prenounced. HAT-EM BEN AR-FA....Holy does sound a bit like Hatem, i will give you that ;) sily boy.

Haha no but seriously. if we got Bentley and Ben Arfa, that would be friggin amazing!

--------Fellaini-------

-Bentley--Arteta--Ben Arfa-

------Billy----------------

------------Saha?----------

Yes please mama!

Pace and Trickery of Hatem. Delivery and set peices of Bentley. The vision and shooting ability from Bily. Arteta the all round amzingly god like spaniard. Fellaini the destrucive but classy DM. What more do you need in Midfield???

No...its prenounced. HAT-EM BEN AR-FA....Holy does sound a bit like Hatem, i will give you that ;) sily boy.

Haha no but seriously. if we got Bentley and Ben Arfa, that would be friggin amazing!

--------Fellaini-------

-Bentley--Arteta--Ben Arfa-

------Billy----------------

------------Saha?----------

Yes please mama!

Pace and Trickery of Hatem. Delivery and set peices of Bentley. The vision and shooting ability from Bily. Arteta the all round amzingly god like spaniard. Fellaini the destrucive but classy DM. What more do you need in Midfield???

the dutch destroyer!

...am I the only one saying "Who?" when someone says to me we are linked with "Ben Arfa"?

No....I've never knowingly seen him play, but I'm not big on any football outside England. Had no idea who Heitinga was when the rumour broke for example, but I think a lot of people on here have much wider knowledge than me :) .

Maybe I am slightly out of touch with French football but am I the only one saying "Who?" when someone says to me we are linked with "Ben Arfa"?

EW you suprise me. Then yes, you are the only one lol :lol: Watch the World Cup and keep an eye on France :)

Ben Arfa has not made it into the french squad, he made the initial 30 but didnt make the final cut. Good, tricky quick player with a problomatic attitude. If moyes could sort it out he would be a tremendous signing

Aaah fuck, when did that get announced? Haven't been watchin, probably should have <_< :lol:

Sometimes players need to move away from their known environment to become 100% focused, our squad is geared to helping players settle in, no ego's etc.

He may well have an attitude problem, but attitudes only flourish or become prominent in an environment where they are allowed to. It's well known that problems occur when there are ego clashes. Look at Eric Cantona, was a problem at many clubs but when given the right environment was a leader and led by example in training.

He is the type of player that could get the fans chanting his name in the hope of some much needed flair, sometimes that is all they need - the platform and reward that they crave. Stifle or criticise them and they revert to derailing behaviours which is what gives them the bad name. To move forward we need to be able to house and deal with some element of ego, all the great players have it, from Torres to Rooney, they have their own needs. Our fans are well known for being fair but encouraging, even Pienaar in his difficult talks has commented on how well he has been treated by us.

Missing out on the final squad is exactly what could work in our favour, gives Moyesy that platform to put his arm round him and say "work with me, you will be a regular for your country in no time" Must say, I am surprised we are linked with him, I have always had Moyes down as the type to run a mile from problematic players. He must have 100% faith in the strength and unity of the players that he knows they can not be unsettled by the occasional ego. Look at Drogba the other week, kicked off about the penalty as he wanted golden boot, player unity led by Lampard put him in his place and he soon realised the error of his ways - a weaker spirited squad would have been affected by that and had split camps etc.

• 2 weeks later...

UTD have been linked with him for a while now, a few seasons ago they where linked to him. But since then they have tied park down to a extended contract, got nani playing well, signed valencia, and signed the young french winger Obertan who is supposed to be the next big thing so i can't see them going in for him to be honest. Also Ferguson has stated that there won't be any major changes at Utd and by his signings now he is looking for players under-21, with smalling and hernandez.

I think we can get him as we have been linked to him for ages and his agent saying a deal could be possible? If we make a bid when Peanuts leaves then we should be ok. Then again we have been linked with players strongly for ages and just signed a different player altogether. Just like Bystrov was a cover up so we could sign Billy. I honsetly think Moyes is looking for Peanuts replacement and i would be happy if it was Ben Arfa. I trust Moyes when he signs a player so lets just hope he gets the replacement right. BRING BACK DONNOVAN!

UTD have been linked with him for a while now, a few seasons ago they where linked to him. But since then they have tied park down to a extended contract, got nani playing well, signed valencia, and signed the young french winger Obertan who is supposed to be the next big thing so i can't see them going in for him to be honest. Also Ferguson has stated that there won't be any major changes at Utd and by his signings now he is looking for players under-21, with smalling and hernandez.

I think we can get him as we have been linked to him for ages and his agent saying a deal could be possible? If we make a bid when Peanuts leaves then we should be ok. Then again we have been linked with players strongly for ages and just signed a different player altogether. Just like Bystrov was a cover up so we could sign Billy. I honsetly think Moyes is looking for Peanuts replacement and i would be happy if it was Ben Arfa. I trust Moyes when he signs a player so lets just hope he gets the replacement right. BRING BACK DONNOVAN!

cover-up or journalist cock-up?