IGNORED

What Are You Listening To?

Moyski

They're alright. I've downloaded the album but haven't listened yet. Got the new City and Color and Sleeping With Sirens albums to listen to as well.

Saw them supporting Biffy Clyro, they're actually pretty decent :).

I can't believe I found this song tonight after over 30 years of frustration not knowing who it was by.

As a kid, I learned to play a bit of it on guitar after hearing it on the radio, and could always remember the melodic picking at the beginning, but it bugged me for ever more not being able to hear it again, and not knowing what to ask for when picking other peoples brains.

Tonight, I though bollocks to it. I'm going to spend some time taking advantage of modern technology, so went to Amazon. I entered every rock band I could think of, from Deep Purple to Wishbone Ash to Uriah Heap and played every track on the preview buttons, only to come up empty.

I stopped looking, and said bugger it. Then about an hour later, I thought "What if I search for slow instrumentals" of the 70's. Up came Black Sabbath, so I went on youtube and typed "Slow Black Sabbath instrumental" and a song called 'Fluff' appeared first.

I pressed play, and my heart missed a beat. I'd found it at last. :jump for joy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjbj-xpkkDo

Now I can learn to play it all over again ha ha. (sorry for the silly story, but it's true).

Edited by Avinalaff

Good story Avin. Reminded me of Laguna Sunrise....

I saw Sabbath live several times in the seventies and their musicianship on tracks like these set them apart from many bands that followed but never matched them.

Nice to see the Wishbone Ash reference, some of my earliest guitaring efforts were there's...."Throw Down the Sword" springs to mind :).

Good story Avin. Reminded me of Laguna Sunrise....

I saw Sabbath live several times in the seventies and their musicianship on tracks like these set them apart from many bands that followed but never matched them.

Nice to see the Wishbone Ash reference, some of my earliest guitaring efforts were there's...."Throw Down the Sword" springs to mind :).

The crazy thing was that my missus loves Ozzie Osbourne's voice, and must have skipped any instrumentals when she played the albums I bought her, unknowingly.

I watched Vai for a while last night.

Not quite the music I used to listen too, but a very surreal performance. Not used to guys dancing with the guitar lol. Almost effeminate, but just on the comfortable side.

What a virtuoso though.