IGNORED

Birmingham (Home)

iMac Hunt

Birmingham will know how lucky they were to get that point, they worked really hard to shut us down, and did a pretty good job.If Saha's goal had stood maybe they would have buckled, who knows!!

We were way the better team, but that alone doesn't get you the points, look at the liverpool game!We need to turn advantage into goals, Birmingham were so tight on Saha that we had to look at other options, and we couldn't break through, Cahill for me wasn't dangerous enough in the final third along with Billy.

That fantastic through ball from Saha near the end, if Vaughan had been where the Yak was I think he would have got to it.

Hibbert was good in defence again, but Colemans overlapping and crossing would make us more dangerous down that side.

We need to be having a few more shots from around the edge of the box, teams seem to know that we'er going to knock it wide 9 times out of 10, just mix it a bit more, be unpredictable.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone needs to let our players know that stand-off is a position in rugby and not what they should be doing in a football game :angry:. How many times is doing that going to cost us goals before our players learn not to fucking do it? They have one brain fart in the game and it's cost us 3 points. The football in that first half was absolute quality and we made Birmingham look even shitter than they actually are. BUT, I was sat there thinking "we need to score another while we're on top because Birmingham will score at least one against us". Their equaliser killed our confidence and second half we reverted to type and played pretty rubbish. We had plenty of the ball but we were so laboured in attack it was pathetic (backwards in going forwards comes to mind); our movement off the ball was shite whenever we tried to move forward. I'm so frustrated because the 3 points should have been ours and we'd have gone into a tough game against Sunderland brimming with confidence, but after squandering that opportunity I fear the confidence we'd built up against Spurs and Chelsea will have disappeared and we may take a fucking.

The ref was a joke too.

Howard - Didn't have much to do. I wish he'd distribute more to feet instead of launching it aerially because we don't win the ball enough and it comes straight back at us.

Hibbert - I'm starting to hate Hibbert because Moyes continually picks him. I'm sick to death of him slowing us down because he only looks to pass sideways or backwards. We were crying out for someone on the right who would attack yesterday! Moyes has always had the excuse that there's no one else but Hibbert for RB but now there's Coleman who looks to be equally as good defensively and a million times better going forward. Please see sense Moyes.

Heitinga - I thought he was immense at the back for us. He may not be the biggest but I don't remember him losing a header all game, he was so calm when under pressure and his distribution from the back was quality too. Very impressive.

Neill - Awful. That is all.

Baines - I was extremely frustrated with Baines yesterday. Time and time again he'd get into brilliant positions on the wing and then fanny about instead of putting the ball into the box, and when he did finally put the ball in it invariably ended up in Hart's hands.

Bily - Apart from his goal he was rubbish, even when we were ontop IMO.

Osman - We all know he looks better in the middle and yesterday proved no different. Our lovely football was largely through him IMO. I thought he was instrumental in everything that was good about it. He faded badly in the last 25 minutes and should have been substituted though.

Fellaini - He's put together a string of brilliant performances now. I thought he was immense for us yesterday tbh. While the likes of Pienaar and Osman were doing the pretty stuff Fellaini was our anchor doing the dirty work, and doing it very well. He was my MOTM.

Piennar - Same as Baines.

Cahill - He worked hard off the ball but he didn't influence the game enough for me.

Saha - Had a perfectly good goal disallowed which may have effected him, but I thought he was pretty wasteful for us.

Fellaini - He's put together a string of brilliant performances now. I thought he was immense for us yesterday tbh. While the likes of Pienaar and Osman were doing the pretty stuff Fellaini was our anchor doing the dirty work, and doing it very well. He was my MOTM.

I hope he continues in the is role, this is what he was bought for and he keeps showing he's fooking good at it

He's got some improving to do yet before he impresses me, Carsley or Neville would not have left the Scorer free and easy with acres of space on the 18 yard line. :angry:

He's supposed to be in between him and our goal protecting the back 4 he still hasnt got it as far as i'm concerned. ;)

bill fellaini has got it dont worry as mark said he was awsome...he won every defensive header he went for and there was plenty motm by a mile.

I think he had a great game for the most part the only thing for me that let him down yesterday was his passing he had to many wayward passes in the middle of the park other then that he had another good game.

bill fellaini has got it dont worry as mark said he was awsome...he won every defensive header he went for and there was plenty motm by a mile.

If i was 6ft 7inches i'd also have a good chance of winning lots of headers, its what he has'nt got that bothers me, lack of mobility, lack of awareness of whats going on around him, and most of all does'nt know how to tackle. Can remember a lot of peeps making excuses for him when he arrived, aka -- "give him 6 games to get settled", then it went to ten games, and then 6 months, what is it now 12 months ??, :blink: and still not good enough.

When we get a fully fit squad back he shouldnt get into the side. ;)

Pienaar Arteta Neville Cahill Bily. i would even think of playing Osman or Heitanga in the centre of midfield ahead of him.

A lot of people wont agree but thats my opinion.

If i was 6ft 7inches i'd also have a good chance of winnig lots of headers, its what he has'nt got that bothers me, lack of mobility, lack of awareness of whats going on around him, and most of all does'nt know how to tackle. Can remember a lot of peeps making excuses for him when he arrived, aka -- "give him 6 games to get settled", then it went to ten games, and then 6 months, what is it now 12 months ??, :blink: and still not good enough.

When we get a fully fit squad back he shouldnt get into the side. ;)

Pienaar Arteta Neville Cahill Bily. i would even think of playing Osman or Heitanga in the centre of midfield ahead of him.

A lot of people wont agree but thats my opinion.

And that's probably your first clue :).

Personally I thought Pienaar (gave him MOTM vote) had a really good game (as highlighted in Match of the Day 2).. Him and Baines both stood out for me against Birmingham. Should have gotten 3 points.

Edited by holystove

Its not only me who notices how poor he can be. ;)

rusty747 ......."Felli is occasionally brilliant but always risks being a liability".

Chicagoblue ...."Fellaini lost him as he drifted through from the midfield".

Blueboy1980 ...."can't fuckin believe that, where was the marker?"

He was walking about in midfield ahead of the ball and behind the attacker when they scored, i thought he was supposed to be playing defensive holding role. :blink:. (Lack of awareness and lack of mobility) ;)

Its not only me who notices how poor he can be. ;)

rusty747 ......."Felli is occasionally brilliant but always risks being a liability".

Chicagoblue ...."Fellaini lost him as he drifted through from the midfield".

Blueboy1980 ...."can't fuckin believe that, where was the marker?"

He was walking about in midfield ahead of the ball and behind the attacker when they scored, i thought he was supposed to be playing defensive holding role. :blink:. (Lack of awareness and lack of mobility) ;)

To be fair to Fellaini though he did it bloody good for the rest of the game and its a shame this one lack of concentration cost us. I actually thought he gave the ball away a couple of times too many Sunday but he won it back fairly quickly if he did. Another thing I would say about Fellaini is that when he gets the ball he looks forward and doesn't rely on the simple ball back to the CB's like Hibbert does or like Neville does when Arteta isnt about. When Heitinga was DM he did a similar thing and he also let people drift (think the Man U game especially) its just that they didnt score from it.

I agree he was to blame for the goal, that's why I didn't give him my vote for MOTM.

But to turn that into another reason to say he's not good is what I don't agree with in your reasoning. Other than that one mistake he played very well.

I look forward to a midfield of Arteta - Pienaar - Billy - Fellaini - (Cahill).

You're in an ever diminishing minority though Bill, he's gradually winning people over. Just a matter of time until you're forced over to the dark side :P .

I hope it is only a matter of time Mike because I'm beginning to Doubt DMs record in the Transfer market.

The last four transfer record breakers have not come good, It started with Beattie, then came Johnson, the 3rd was Yakubu, and now Fellaini, i cant say any of them have filled me with any excitment, we maybe got one season out of AJ and one season out of Yakubu and thats about it. I think Davey is better sticking to his Cahill, Pienaar and Arteta targets for £2 million, i dont feel so bad then if they go wrong. :(

I hope it is only a matter of time Mike because I'm beginning to Doubt DMs record in the Transfer market.

The last four transfer record breakers have not come good, It started with Beattie, then came Johnson, the 3rd was Yakubu, and now Fellaini, i cant say any of them have filled me with any excitment, we maybe got one season out of AJ and one season out of Yakubu and thats about it. I think Davey is better sticking to his Cahill, Pienaar and Arteta targets for £2 million, i dont feel so bad then if they go wrong. :(

People always say Beattie was a flop but I thought he did a good job given the circumstances. He knocked in a few goals and worked hard for the team. When Aj came in he struggled but the same happened with AJ and Yak (or whoever else was coming through). Now its happening with Saha and Yak. Moyes' problem with strikers is that he doesnt play 2 which means if he plays 2 quality strikers, one of them is going to lingering on the bench.

Im not exactly sure how you can call Fellaini a flop either. For starters he is only 21 (I think), he scored a lot of important goals for us last year and his form is really starting to pick up this year after he got over his injury/infection and now that he has a specific role. Yes he may have been crap in a big run of games but in that respect you can call Cahill a flop because he has been anonymous in some of the games this season.

When you dont like a player you look at every slight bad thing he does and hold it against him and similarly when its a player you like you take his best bits and extenuate them. He played very well against Birmingham except a very costly 30second lapse in concentration. Everyone made mistakes on the pitch that day but it just so happens his cost a goal.

People always say Beattie was a flop but I thought he did a good job given the circumstances. He knocked in a few goals and worked hard for the team. When Aj came in he struggled but the same happened with AJ and Yak (or whoever else was coming through). Now its happening with Saha and Yak. Moyes' problem with strikers is that he doesnt play 2 which means if he plays 2 quality strikers, one of them is going to lingering on the bench.

Im not exactly sure how you can call Fellaini a flop either. For starters he is only 21 (i think) he scored a lot of important goals for us last year and his form is really starting to pick up this year after he got over his injury/infection and now that he has a specific role. Yes he may have been crap in a big run of games but in that respect you can call Cahill a flop because he has been anonymous in some of the games this season.

When you dont like a player you look at every slight bad thing he does and hold it against him and similarly when its a player you like you take his best bits and extenuate them. He played very well against Birmingham except a very costly 30second lapse in concentration. Everyone made mistakes on the pitch that day but it just so happens his cost a goal.

I dont think i've ever said that ;), Not living up to my expectations and not filling me with excitement, but cant remember calling him a flop.

And dont keep using his age as an excuse .."For starters he is only 21 (I think)",

We had about 6 teenagers playing last week who put in a good shift, and Rodwell is also only 18.

"When you dont like a player you look at every slight bad thing he does and hold it against him and similarly when its a player you like you take his best bits and extenuate them".

Thats exactly what your doing now. :lol:

Its all down to opinions mate, you have yours and i have mine.

i cant believe everyone is blaming fellaini for the goal its not easy defending going towards your own goal we do have a defence as well who should be aware of people comeing through...felli is an easy target for refs and fans alike.i tend to think a lot of goals are comeing from the left back birth so should we all start slating baines.we have to put up with the positives as well as the negatives.

There lies the problem.

He should have been behind the ball and in front of the attacker, he was the opposite way around. :)

Personaly, in the 2nd half i felt Felli bossed it. He won every ball in the air, his distribution was alot better, if he got tackled he chased it back n won it, he always looked up n passed forward, looked to run at opposition players.

I think the job he's doing is much better, yes he's not chipping in with as many goals but the job he's starting to do is the same one as that, in which he played at Standard Leige. His job is quieter and less glamorous but he's doing a good job.

When Fellaini's name is on the team sheet, oppostion players think "oh shit, big guy, bit clumsy, we're going to have to go around him". If Osmans name is on the sheet oppostion think "crafty little bastard, lets walk all over him"....and they do! Yes he's not overaly fancy, but what you see is what you get, no frills felli and i dont care! yes he lost his marker, one blip. I can think of one that our prodical son Jagielka made against Villa last season...? or do we forget those?

The boy's young, he's got alot to learn and actually if he continues to progress and win people over, he's going to look like money well spent IMO.

I gave MOTM to Felli for this reason; He lost his marker and made us conceed a shit goal but he worked his ass off to correct that, he put in a shift of 120% and you cant ask for anymore. some players confidence would have been shattered if they'd have done it, their head may have dropped and felt uneasy. Felli took it on his chest, he realised he's made the mistake and tried to rectify it. Yes, Baines had a great game (for a change) and would be my close 2nd but thats how he should be playing week in week out and he just hasnt done that this season. So yeah, i like Felli and i think the 'new' job he's doing is much better. get the creative force in the middle with him and i think our midfield is very nearly complete :)

Personaly, in the 2nd half i felt Felli bossed it. He won every ball in the air, his distribution was alot better, if he got tackled he chased it back n won it, he always looked up n passed forward, looked to run at opposition players.

I think the job he's doing is much better, yes he's not chipping in with as many goals but the job he's starting to do is the same one as that, in which he played at Standard Leige. His job is quieter and less glamorous but he's doing a good job.

When Fellaini's name is on the team sheet, oppostion players think "oh shit, big guy, bit clumsy, we're going to have to go around him". If Osmans name is on the sheet oppostion think "crafty little bastard, lets walk all over him"....and they do! Yes he's not overaly fancy, but what you see is what you get, no frills felli and i dont care! yes he lost his marker, one blip. I can think of one that our prodical son Jagielka made against Villa last season...? or do we forget those?

The boy's young, he's got alot to learn and actually if he continues to progress and win people over, he's going to look like money well spent IMO.

I gave MOTM to Felli for this reason; He lost his marker and made us conceed a shit goal but he worked his ass off to correct that, he put in a shift of 120% and you cant ask for anymore. some players confidence would have been shattered if they'd have done it, their head may have dropped and felt uneasy. Felli took it on his chest, he realised he's made the mistake and tried to rectify it. Yes, Baines had a great game (for a change) and would be my close 2nd but thats how he should be playing week in week out and he just hasnt done that this season. So yeah, i like Felli and i think the 'new' job he's doing is much better. get the creative force in the middle with him and i think our midfield is very nearly complete :)

Totally agree!

I dont think i've ever said that ;), Not living up to my expectations and not filling me with excitement, but cant remember calling him a flop.

And dont keep using his age as an excuse .."For starters he is only 21 (I think)",

We had about 6 teenagers playing last week who put in a good shift, and Rodwell is also only 18.

"When you dont like a player you look at every slight bad thing he does and hold it against him and similarly when its a player you like you take his best bits and extenuate them".

Thats exactly what your doing now. :lol:

Well you said that he had a lack of talent and that he hasnt come good which is more or less a flop, even if you didnt say the word exactly.

You are right about the age thing but young players tend to lack consistency and to some extent experience, especially when playing a role which hasnt been accustomed to at Everton.

Obviously its all about opinions, it would be boring if we all agreed! But in this case Fellaini made one mistake which led to a goal (or though you could argue it should have been dealt with before them) but worked his bollocks off for the rest of the game to make up for it, like Saha did the other week when he was at fault for 2 of Chelsea's goals.

On a different note Im also not quite sure to make of Billy. He does good stuff and then remains largely anonymous for chunks of the game. You would think by now he would have got to pace with the PL but he still seems to be struggling. He has got quality and I certainly wouldnt write him off just yet but Id like to see more and soon.

Yeh I agree...

The only reason Osman excelled against Birmingham is because their midfield didnt really do much all game and neither Bowyer or Ferguson are actually that good. Against a powerful strong midfield like Chelsea's he wouldnt have even seen the ball. He has played there many times before and remained largely anonymous so Im hoping people down start jumping on the Osman through the centre band wagon. You need the big strong players like Fellaini to break up the play and get the ball so our little'ns can pass it about.

Edited by Bailey

On a different note Im also not quite sure to make of Billy. He does good stuff and then remains largely anonymous for chunks of the game. You would think by now he would have got to pace with the PL but he still seems to be struggling. He has got quality and I certainly wouldnt write him off just yet but Id like to see more and soon.

Plus he's going to be 25 in two months, I'm sure Moyes didn't buy him for "potential" .. We should be seeing a close to finished product here, a £10m product even.

Hopefully it's just a dip in form. Isn't this the first time in his life he's played this time of year?

Plus he's going to be 25 in two months, I'm sure Moyes didn't buy him for "potential" .. We should be seeing a close to finished product here, a £10m product even.

Hopefully it's just a dip in form. Isn't this the first time in his life he's played this time of year?

Yeh I agree. He certainly seems to have that final product like his finish on Sunday and against Athens and we have seen some promise in his delivery (mainly early on) but I would like to see him gain more consistency in the latter, and also his passing and work rate. Having said that Im fairly sure Pienaar didnt settle straight down into the PL and Arteta certainly didnt. We may have to wait a season to see him properly get to grips with it so I wont be writing him off just yet.

I dont know whether he has played this time of year before or not but I think he has been playing football consistently for around a while as he joined at the end of the Russian season (I think) so he may just need a rest?!

And the manager has his ;) .

Marouane is getting better at playing the holding role and is understanding his duties. Hes not chasing around all over the pitches. Hes played very well, arguably our best player. Generally hes settling down and hes an influence on the pitch.