IGNORED

Birmingham (Home)

iMac Hunt

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be a really tough game, which I'm surprised by as I would have expected to beat Birmingham comfortably at the beginning of the season. If we win it will prove we are back on the right track, getting results and regaining the form of the last couple of years.

Id more or less agree with the team set out by iMac, with maybe Pienaar moving into the centre and Osman/Baxter out wide if little Leon isnt quite fit.

I wouldn't risk ossie from the start, don't reckon he's fit enough yet. and I'd rather play heitinga in CM so start Hibbo or Duffy at CB - i think the young lad has deserved a crack at the premier league, and he is our only recognised CB fit. Then again, we really need to win this one, so i'd go:

Howard

Coleman Hibbert Neill Baines

Heitinga Fellaini

Bily Cahill Pienaar

Saha

Guest rusty747

I like that team too. Not too sure about Ossie lasting 90 mins though and I would love to see Coleman get a good run out. If we are cruising in the second half (yes, I know - dfream on) I would like to see Duffy get a few more minutes as well.

I wont be at the game (long commute from Singapore) but give Lee carsley a cheer if he plays. He was a great servant to us and I have tremendous respect for him as both a player and a person. Still hope we stuff his team though.

COYB

Carsley is probably one of my all time favourite Everton players and I would put him in any Everton best 11 from post 1990 ish. For a player of 'limited' ability he showed great heart and did all the hard work and graft for us in the midfield during the clubs revival under Moyes. The fact that we havent really been able to replace him shows how important he was to us! Neville did a good job last year and Heitinga's done it a bit this but for me they dont rank up there with Carsley.

Carsley should start due to Barry Ferguson's suspension.I for one will give his name a cheer when its read out.

No suspensions according to the beeb team news.

In-form Birmingham have no new injury worries as they bid for their sixth league win in a row.

Manager Alex McLeish is set to name an unchanged side for the sixth match in a row.

Birmingham

Suspended: None Doubtful: None

Great player for the club though and (rarity among footballers) really had/has his personal priorites sorted. Top bloke, hope he gets a big reception, I'm sure he will.

Lose this game and we're really going to feel the relegation rope tighten!

Win the game against the inform prem team and we can climb to the dizzy heights of mid-table.

Birmingham will come with the pressure of being the form team.

Big games from Billy, Fellaini, Pienaar should be enough I think.

2-0 Everton.

Edited by Blue 250

We really need to win this one. A loss here ends the momentum the lads have been building since the RS match, and a draw just drags keeps us down with the likes of Hull and Pompey. I've got a feeling this match will determine our season: good result a solid push for 7th or 8th, a loss a relegation battle.

We really need to win this one. A loss here ends the momentum the lads have been building since the RS match, and a draw just drags keeps us down with the likes of Hull and Pompey. I've got a feeling this match will determine our season: good result a solid push for 7th or 8th, a loss a relegation battle.

All be aware that Bluenoseyankee is spot on here - this Birmingham game will go a long way to determining how the rest of our season will pan out. In the context of 2009-10 season, is simply a must win. So much riding on it I'm not willing to predict.

Im surprised so many people on here are so confident of a positive and somewhat comfortable result tomorrow. This current Birmingham team are certainly no mugs, they have a solid defence, a hard working midfield and a striker who seems to have hit form.

I remember people were calling for a Sunderland style demolition against Wolves even though we were playing crap and Wolves were playing fairly well and look what happened then. This will be a tough, tough game and I would take the 3 points anyway we could get them but I certainly dont expect it to be an easy game by any stretch of the imagination.

Im surprised so many people on here are so confident of a positive and somewhat comfortable result tomorrow. This current Birmingham team are certainly no mugs, they have a solid defence, a hard working midfield and a striker who seems to have hit form.

I'm sure everyone is aware of how well Birmingham are doing but its optimism and they are hardly unbeatable it will be a tough game but then again im sure Fulham thought the same and then some before today's clash with United, We seem to have slightly turned a corner in the last few games and im hopefull we can get a result and kick on or i could just say Birmingham are doing well we will get rimmed three nil?

Edited by EFC-Paul

Birmingham have had five wins on the bounce...Blackburn, West Ham & Fulham at home...Wolves and Wigan away...all by the odd goal.

A excellent run for sure and one that will have given them confidence but they've not really beaten anyone of note.

If we turn up and play to our abilities we have better players than they do and that should be enough.

Bookies have us as favourites to win and rightly so (http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/everton-v-birmingham/win-market). I expect us to win but like Bailey I'd take it any way it comes, scrappy 1-0 would do for me.

I'm sure everyone is aware of how well Birmingham are doing but its optimism and they are hardly unbeatable it will be a tough game but then again im sure Fulham thought the same and then some before today's clash with United, We seem to have slightly turned a corner in the last few games and im hopefull we can get a result and kick on or i could just say Birmingham are doing well we will get rimmed three nil?

Yeh there is optimism and there is realism. Fulham fans may have been hopeful of a result or a point against united but I bet none of them really thought they could win 3-0! Im not saying we shouldn't expect to beat Birmingham, but expecting to turn up and run out comfortable winners knocking 3 or 4 by them is going some. You say optimism, I say false confidence :P

Osman starts.

Hope not...He was ok the other night but lets be honest, he was one of the senior players and he needed to be. He's not fit anyway, i wouldnt rush him into a game like this, if he scores twice then fine im wrong but seriously!? Noone in the mid has really fucked up to warrant exclusion. But then again if Heitinga is going to be put back into defence and Rodwells absence then yes he probably wil.

http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/news-updates/24756-confirmed-everton-team-vs-birmingham.html

Team confirmed

Howard

Hibbert

Neill

Heitinga

Baines

Osman

Pienaar

Fellaini

Cahill

Bilyaletdinov

Saha

Subs: Nash, Vaughan, Yakubu, Coleman, Duffy, Agard, Baxter.

Good news = Pienaar in the centre

Bad news = Hibbert over Coleman