IGNORED

Manchester City (Home)

dark

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely brilliant performance , pienaar is so creative give him the money & 4 year contract , billy had a great game & deserved a goal & fellaini the magician - bellamy now you see it now you dont lmao.

a great team performance that deserved more goals but where is cityfan now , damn fellaini made him disappear lol

O.K. Moyes lets start cloning fellaini , pienaar , donovan , bill & the rest , this would be the best idea.

now time to get some lagers down me , bet were last on motd again !!!!

I wonder how Lescott took seeing his team be torn a new arse hole? :lol:. Singing "Lescott, Lescott, what's the score?" was quality. The whole atmosphere was quality, Goodison was absolutely rocking and I loved it. The team pushed the crowd and the crowd pushed the team.

To say we were sublime against City is an understatement tbh, apart from maybe the first 10 minutes we dominated them in every single department. We played quality football for the most part, only taking the aerial route when it was necessary rather than it being our first thought. The movement and skill that we showed was so good to watch, and City just could not live with it. Not only that though, we hustled them every time they got the ball and they couldn't go anywhere. Some people may say City were shite and that's why we won, but IMO we didn't let them play and they couldn't stop us playing. If the result had have been 4- or 5-0 to us it still wouldn't have flattered us. I couldn't be prouder of the side, that was one of, if not the best, performance I've ever seen from Everton. I hope they keep it up because we have a tough month ahead of us.

Fellaini making a twat out of Bellamy will live long in my memory...

Howard - My memory of the game is a bit rusty seeing as TT has been down but I think he made one or two saves at 0-0?

Neville - As far as I can remember he had a solid game and provided lots of support down the right for Donovan.

Heitinga - He was the rock at the heart of our defence. He gets better by the game and I just love how calm he is. Also, he's not the biggest but it's amazing just how many headers he wins. He's got future captain written all over him IMO.

Distin - It's no secret that I don't like him but he had a pretty solid game for us and I don't think he did anything wrong.

Baines - Looked really good going forward but absolutely woeful defensively. He gave Petrov 10-15 yards of space every single time. Not only that but he showed Petrov onto his left foot all the time and every one knows you should keep him on his weaker right foot.

Donovan - Another good performance from Jason :P. I can't tell you how refreshing it is how direct he is, I love it. He did lose the ball a few times but I like that he's not scared to run at people. He tired towards the end but that was such a fast paced game and his match fitness will come the more he plays. I hope we at least extend his loan.

Pienaar - Central midfield is definitely his more natural position. I thought he had a cracking game there. He very rarely lost the ball and showed great strength when he was put under pressure. He was always trying to create as well. Cracking goal from him and we need him to do that more often for us. I hope to god we get him tied down to a new deal, it's essential.

Fellaini - Silky bastard :P . Is he really 22? Because he's playing with maturity atm and I hope it continues. He dominated the game for us once again and he was everywhere. He seems to have found extra energy levels in recent weeks because I actually seen him sprint a few times! What I love the most about Fellaini is the arrogant way he just takes the ball from opponent's feet. He literally just sticks his foot in and takes the ball like it was his all along, and then gets us started on another attack. That turn on Bellamy was fucking quality and I was literally laughing in my seat. Fair play to Bellamy, he went and shook Felli's hand for doing it to him! My MOTM and by quite some distance.

Bily - That was one of his better performances for us and he should have at least scored one. He got more involved in the game but his movement off the ball left a lot to be desired.

Cahill - A much improved performance from Timmy. He showed great energy, which for me, has been missing in recent weeks. He should have scored that header that he put onto the bar and he's still got room for improvement but the signs were good.

Saha - The only player to really disappoint me. I found myself shaking my head time and time again because of him. He was far too greedy; instead of passing to a team mate he was trying to do everything himself and most of the time just ran into a City player and lost the ball.

I watched their game against Blackburn today and despite them winning 4-1 I wasnt at all impressed by them and I was even less impressed by Blackburn who were quite frankly shite.

Man City barely pressed and werent at all pressed by Blackburn so both sides had so much time on the ball to do what they liked. If we play like we did against Arsenal they wont have any time on the ball what so ever. I expect Cahill to pick up Barry (or Viera) fairly regularly when they have the ball up the back who starts off most of their moves. The defence is dodgy, Benjani and their wingers are normally hot or cold and that leaves the best keeper in the Prem IMO, Tevez who is scoring goals for fun (although his first tonight was terrible keeping from Robinson) and will be their big threat and Bellamy who will put in a good shift.

If we get in their faces and ruffle them up, I am confident (surprisingly) of getting a good result against them providing we put away our chances. I predict the same team as the weekend and something like 2-1 or 3-1 to us with either Donovan or Heitinga to get their first for the club.

Did you realise you were famous Bailey?

Held up to "ridicule" for that post in the opening of Blue Moon's match day thread last Tuesday :lol: .

http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=158242

You're "clueless" and they're going to annihilate us to put you in your place :P .

Kudos!

Did you realise you were famous Bailey?

Held up to "ridicule" for that post in the opening of Blue Moon's match day thread last Tuesday :lol: .

http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=158242

You're "clueless" and they're going to annihilate us to put you in your place :P .

Kudos!

LOL How funny is that!

I guess it shows how much they know and to be fair I think I was pretty much spot on!

MokeO I just clicked on that link you gave and read through 77 pages of pure vitriolic abuse. OK there were a few Man Citeh fans who were courteous, but the majority of them were not the sort of people I would like as next door neighbours.

So basicaly I found myself laughing my head off at them.

Thanks for that link, it has made me smile...... actually hysterical laughter is closer to the truth. :lol:

I wonder how Lescott took seeing his team be torn a new arse hole? :lol:. Singing "Lescott, Lescott, what's the score?" was quality. The whole atmosphere was quality, Goodison was absolutely rocking and I loved it. The team pushed the crowd and the crowd pushed the team.

To say we were sublime against City is an understatement tbh, apart from maybe the first 10 minutes we dominated them in every single department. We played quality football for the most part, only taking the aerial route when it was necessary rather than it being our first thought. The movement and skill that we showed was so good to watch, and City just could not live with it. Not only that though, we hustled them every time they got the ball and they couldn't go anywhere. Some people may say City were shite and that's why we won, but IMO we didn't let them play and they couldn't stop us playing. If the result had have been 4- or 5-0 to us it still wouldn't have flattered us. I couldn't be prouder of the side, that was one of, if not the best, performance I've ever seen from Everton. I hope they keep it up because we have a tough month ahead of us.

I still cant get my head round the Phil Neville stepovers! I had to rewind my sky plus just to make sure...

Garry Cook...Man City chairman today...

"This football club is, without doubt, going to be the biggest and best football club in the world, I will make no excuses for saying it, as I truly believe it - with the resources and capabilities we have."

Nearly sprayed Grolsch over my screen :lol: .

Simplistic moron. They might potentially have the resources but putting them into place is another thing entirely, not to mention the fact that one of the major aspects of the truly big clubs is their history. City have none so they have to start now....and hope the sheikh doesn't get bored with his toy. Fifty years ought to do it.