IGNORED

Manchester City (Home)

dark

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tevez is playing the best football in the country right now, 10 goals in 9 games. Hopefully Saha will be healthy and hungry this week and match their firepower.

Howard

Nevs Neill Heits Baines

Lando Ossie Felli Peanuts

Saha Vaughn

3-2 to us. Saha, Vaughn, Felli for us and Tevez 2x for them.

I watched their game against Blackburn today and despite them winning 4-1 I wasnt at all impressed by them and I was even less impressed by Blackburn who were quite frankly shite.

Man City barely pressed and werent at all pressed by Blackburn so both sides had so much time on the ball to do what they liked. If we play like we did against Arsenal they wont have any time on the ball what so ever. I expect Cahill to pick up Barry (or Viera) fairly regularly when they have the ball up the back who starts off most of their moves. The defence is dodgy, Benjani and their wingers are normally hot or cold and that leaves the best keeper in the Prem IMO, Tevez who is scoring goals for fun (although his first tonight was terrible keeping from Robinson) and will be their big threat and Bellamy who will put in a good shift.

If we get in their faces and ruffle them up, I am confident (surprisingly) of getting a good result against them providing we put away our chances. I predict the same team as the weekend and something like 2-1 or 3-1 to us with either Donovan or Heitinga to get their first for the club.

I watched their game against Blackburn today and despite them winning 4-1 I wasnt at all impressed by them and I was even less impressed by Blackburn who were quite frankly shite.

Man City barely pressed and werent at all pressed by Blackburn so both sides had so much time on the ball to do what they liked. If we play like we did against Arsenal they wont have any time on the ball what so ever. I expect Cahill to pick up Barry (or Viera) fairly regularly when they have the ball up the back who starts off most of their moves. The defence is dodgy, Benjani and their wingers are normally hot or cold and that leaves the best keeper in the Prem IMO, Tevez who is scoring goals for fun (although his first tonight was terrible keeping from Robinson) and will be their big threat and Bellamy who will put in a good shift.

If we get in their faces and ruffle them up, I am confident (surprisingly) of getting a good result against them providing we put away our chances. I predict the same team as the weekend and something like 2-1 or 3-1 to us with either Donovan or Heitinga to get their first for the club.

Word!

One thing's for sure, if we allow Tevez all the space in the world on the edge of our box like we've done to most of our opponents this season then he's going to punish us, and probably more than once.

Oh, and please, please, please keep the same team that played against Arsenal Moyes. Bringing Hibbert in and pushing Neville into midfield next to Felli is not the way to go!

I expect the same starting line up as agaisnt the Arse.

score prediction, no idea, it's a tough one, were playing well and I hope we can come out with something from it, we could do with a win but I'd settle for a draw.

Could certainly do with kicking off a decent run of wins after all therese single point good performances.

Everybody is going overboard on City at the minute. Who have they played? Stoke, Wolves, Blackburn etc? Wow! Theyve got players missing and i fully expect to win. 2-0 Cahill 2. P.s I hope Davey sticks to the same team and doesnt play Hibbert at full back if he's fit. (he generally does against quick wingers Bellamy, Petrov etc.)

One thing's for sure, if we allow Tevez all the space in the world on the edge of our box like we've done to most of our opponents this season then he's going to punish us, and probably more than once.

Oh, and please, please, please keep the same team that played against Arsenal Moyes. Bringing Hibbert in and pushing Neville into midfield next to Felli is not the way to go!

It was Tevez that posed the only problem as far as I could see as well Romey. We need some one who can tackle and move like the wind when necessary.................you can all hate for this but Seamus could be the answer, he can tackle and he has the speed we are just not giving him the experience he needs to go with his abilities. Tevez will run rings round Pip and Hibbo (he isn't fit any way)

Everybody is going overboard on City at the minute. Who have they played? Stoke, Wolves, Blackburn etc? Wow! Theyve got players missing and i fully expect to win. 2-0 Cahill 2. P.s I hope Davey sticks to the same team and doesnt play Hibbert at full back if he's fit. (he generally does against quick wingers Bellamy, Petrov etc.)

Yeah this is why I was thinking if any change were to be made, see how Coleman would fair. Tactically (without overloading the bandwagon) it's the quickest option; I think even Neville would tell you that.

If hibbert starts, I might cry. Without making this a hibbo bashing post...he's been great, but the time has come. Nevs, Heits and Coleman are all better choices for right back (with Heits being unavailable for that selection until all are healthy). Either Seamus or Pip would be fine with me...maybe give Seamie 30 mins to prove himself (again...ugh).

i think if we play like we did against arsenal then we deffo have a chance to keep a clean sheet, and if we have saha, donovan and pienaar finishing well we could come away with a good win. our defending as a team against arsenal was amazing and i think we would have kept a clean sheet if not for two unfair deflections. heitinga and neill are working extremely well together right now and as long as we don't play hibbert, we'll be able to close down tevez and bellamy. i'm predicting 2-0 to us with saha scoring a cracker, and pienaar getting the second to make it three in three for him.

Edited by American Evertonian

Amen

It was Tevez that posed the only problem as far as I could see as well Romey. We need some one who can tackle and move like the wind when necessary.................you can all hate for this but Seamus could be the answer, he can tackle and he has the speed we are just not giving him the experience he needs to go with his abilities. Tevez will run rings round Pip and Hibbo (he isn't fit any way)

Yeh not a bad shout. Neville has never been quick and im not sure how great he will be against pacey wingers.

i think if we play like we did against arsenal then we deffo have a chance to keep a clean sheet, and if we have saha, donovan and pienaar finishing well we could come away with a good win. our defending as a team against arsenal was amazing and i think we would have kept a clean sheet if not for two unfair deflections. heitinga and neill are working extremely well together right now and as long as we don't play hibbert, we'll be able to close down tevez and bellamy[/b]. i'm predicting 2-0 to us with saha scoring a cracker, and pienaar getting the second to make it three in three for him.

Im still not totally convinced by Neill and Heitinga as a partnership. Im not sure what it is but there is something about Neill that makes me nervous plus it seems him and Howard have some sort of 'mis-communication' at least once a game!

Everybody is going overboard on City at the minute. Who have they played? Stoke, Wolves, Blackburn etc? Wow!

There's a rumour that Mancini insisted on starting the job on this this run of games (from when he started they've got a big run of games were they play no teams in the top 8 or so), they had wanted him to start earlier but he wouldn't until his 'nice run' of fixtures came along - so I suppose we're his first real test... COYB's!

I hope for the same arsenal starting xi, but if hibbo is fit I really wouldn't be surprised to see him in at the expense of osman or donovan, with pip moving up into mid.

How very naeve ^^

You are saying you would want to play pressing football against a team that sits behind the ball and hoofs it up field rather than sit back, outplay them and win 4-1? *sigh*

Oh yes, good luck by the way in trying to ruffle up De Jong in midfield. :)

Everybody is going overboard on City at the minute. Who have they played? Stoke, Wolves, Blackburn etc? Wow! Theyve got players missing and i fully expect to win.

It is winning fixtures like these that means we are sitting quite nicely in the top 4 and you are not. :) I am quite surprised how confident you all are at beating the hardest team to beat in the league this year.

How very naeve ^^

You are saying you would want to play pressing football against a team that sits behind the ball and hoofs it up field rather than sit back, outplay them and win 4-1? *sigh*

Oh yes, good luck by the way in trying to ruffle up De Jong in midfield. :)

Im not necessarily saying that you should be straight up in their faces but there was no pressing whatsoever. If Blackburn werent so diabolical (as they were against us might I add, with similar tactics!) then the score may have been much different and I wouldnt be confident or pleased with that performance. You say outplay but for the second half of both halves were very equal.

IMO De Jong was a quality buy, along with Shay Given but he certainly isnt exactly pulling up trees. When you have the likes of Cahill kicking at your heels all game it could be a very different story.

Going on both teams last performances then we should win and comfortably BUT I know football doesnt work that way, especially at Everton!

How very naeve ^^

How very naïve to try to use a clever word with four different spelling options (naïve, naive, naïf & naif) and still not manage to hit on one of them :P .

Going on both teams last performances then we should win and comfortably BUT I know football doesnt work that way, especially at Everton!

This.

cityfan,

how's lescott working out for you? thanks for the new signings this summer!! :thumbsup_still:

Anyways, assuming we can shut down tevez, we'll have no problems in the midfield-- you however may have 3 or 4...

Wish we could have bought our way to a MID-SEASON top 4 standing...oh wait, i'm pretty sure we earned one of those 2 years ago oh and then again 4 years ago (when we actually finished 4th) and all without a sheik.

It is winning fixtures like these that means we are sitting quite nicely in the top 4 and you are not. :) I am quite surprised how confident you all are at beating the hardest team to beat in the league this year.

Obviously talk is cheap i hope you come on after the game. Logic says you should piss it. Lets see eh? ;)

Would just like to say how much more sensible the people are on here than that other Everton forum.

The thing that is happening with us this year is that when one player is shut down, like you say you will shut down Tevez, then another player shines....Bellamy, Adebayor, SWP, and with Robbie just finding fitness for the first time this year after his broken leg (which people seem to forget about) it is his turn now. I think Robbie will cause you most problems on saturday. Looking forward to the midfield battle though. I think De Jong and Vieira will sit in midfield for us with Barry being rested. Bellamy will most likely be rested as well.

Edited by cityfan

I'm more worried about who we are going to play at CB, looks like it will be Hibbet and Heits, as we sold Lucis Neill.

Howards

Neville hibbert Heits Bains

Bily Cahill Fellaini Donovan Peanuts

Saha

Something along those lines. That i would guess would be the starting xi

I'm more worried about who we are going to play at CB, looks like it will be Hibbet and Heits, as we sold Lucis Neill.

Howards

Neville hibbert Heits Bains

Bily Cahill Fellaini Donovan Peanuts

Saha

Something along those lines. That i would guess would be the starting xi

Lucas neill hasnt been sold yet only an offer from a turkish side !!!!! but no confirmation from everton

Edited by mrbluechief

Would just like to say how much more sensible the people are on here than that other Everton forum.

The thing that is happening with us this year is that when one player is shut down, like you say you will shut down Tevez, then another player shines....Bellamy, Adebayor, SWP, and with Robbie just finding fitness for the first time this year after his broken leg (which people seem to forget about) it is his turn now. I think Robbie will cause you most problems on saturday. Looking forward to the midfield battle though. I think De Jong and Vieira will sit in midfield for us with Barry being rested. Bellamy will most likely be rested as well.

Tbh now that Neill has gone anyone of your players could cause us problems! Chopping and changing at the back hasnt worked well at all for us this season and you could be up against the mighty Hibbert at the back meaning everything will be aimed at Benjani!

Although beware of Coleman, if he starts you may score a few but so will we!

Tbh now that Neill has gone anyone of your players could cause us problems! Chopping and changing at the back hasnt worked well at all for us this season and you could be up against the mighty Hibbert at the back meaning everything will be aimed at Benjani!

Although beware of Coleman, if he starts you may score a few but so will we!

haha i liked that comment... Well it looks like a deal could be tied up today, but surely wouldnt logic prevail in the sense that, we tell gala were looking over the offer until 7pm saturday haha, play neil etc etc.. The site says Distins back in training, i wouldnt think he would be threw into this match though, Strange the way moyes has let this deal happen, considering our misfortune at CB even for the misely sum of £750,000... I dunno whats happening behind the scenes, but we have a massive game against a good city side, and ive got to say i admire everyones optimism for this match, but your all talking as though were playing hull at home, this is man city, and they have some world class players at there disposal, lets tread carefully, sort our CB position out and see how we fare... I will be there so they better play well :) ha