IGNORED

Lucas Neill To Turkey

Early reports are suggesting it has been accepted as well!

If we have Distin back and 100% then maybe let him go but for 800k Id rather we kept hold of him for the time being (maybe til the end of January) and get back more money than that for finishing in a higher position in the league because if he goes now a lot of the good work we have put in over the last few games could go down the drain.

Link to Article

I don't think it would be worth selling at that price to be honest. We've been short enough of players as it is without getting rid of one in a position that we have struggled in.

He's played pretty decent and has good experience.

For the money we'd get for him we can't replace him so unless he is demanding to go I'd say NO.

I probably wouldn't have him in the starting 11 in a full squad or nearly full squad but we don't have that at the moment so we should be sticking.

Link to Article

I don't think it would be worth selling at that price to be honest. We've been short enough of players as it is without getting rid of one in a position that we have struggled in.

He's played pretty decent and has good experience.

For the money we'd get for him we can't replace him so unless he is demanding to go I'd say NO.

I probably wouldn't have him in the starting 11 in a full squad or nearly full squad but we don't have that at the moment so we should be sticking.

Unless we can get Senderos on loan with a view to a permanent, he desperately wants to leave now that they have brought in Campbell.

It may be that this is the only way we are able to bring in Senderos, but with our track record of landing transfer targets, its a big risk, especially when we have no way of knowing when Jags or Distin, or Yobo (Nigeria wil probably still progress in African Cup) will be back. It may be that Moyes wants to bring in someone not cup-tied in Europe....

I personally have not been overly impressed with neill at CB, I think he is far too casual to play there. I wonder if moyes would be selling him to free up wages for saha/pienaar contracts as I'd imagine neill is on £40k with him signing for no fee, I also wonder if moyes is thinking about someone like St.Ledger as a realatively cheap alternative or he's got something lined up with arsenal for Senderos to replace Neill - either I would prefer at CB.

Guest blueboy122

I think moyes might sell him to be honest providing he can get the bald one from arsenal on loan. Mayabe thats why it hasnt been accepted immediatley because they are in discussions with arsenal. Wouldnt be bad business if we were to sell him, 750k profit on a player with a big wage as somebody already stated.

Thoughts? Rather keep or get rid providing we get somebody else in?

Tough choice really im not a big fan of Neill but he will provide a decent level of cover when we have the other lads back and i asume if Senderos comes he will play second fiddle to Distin and more then likely be dropped even further down the pecking order when we have Jags and Yobo back so why get rid of one player who is no world beater but can provide cover to get more or less the same again?

Doesn't really add up for me unless Moyes see's Senderos as a player he would like to take on board full time but then as said we have Heitinga who will surely unless Moyes is mad partner Jags in the middle Baines at LB and Coleman for RB Hibbert Distin Yobo Duffy and co all sat on their arses when we have a fully fit squad.

I would rather give Duffy and Mustafi a shot or put Neville/Hibbert in if we are to get shut of Neill as we have plenty of options at the back once everyone is fit and i would concentrate on spending what ever fee we get on another position.

Edited by EFC-Paul

I think if Dystin is near Davey might get shut. It wouldnt surprise me if he goes deadline day when Yobo is back and Dystin is fit. With Jags a month away and Duffy progessing it could be a goer. I like him as a player and he is versatile and £750,000 doesn't covers Louis wage increase for 6 months but i think when players are fit he will be down the pecking order and i think he knows it. If i was him i'd sit tight and go a free in 6 months!!!!

Pity I think, he has done alright for us. Not great, but better than nothing, and as has been said, we are short at the back. Still money in the bank though. Maybe it is for the best. (Not holding my breath on it.)

Not particularly as we have players on the mend and each are as good if not better then Neill, Neville Hibbert and Duffy will do as good as job in the middle as Neill and with Distin due back soon i dont think it's an issue really.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Don't understand this one, we're not exactly blessed with depth in the squad and the beauty of someone like Neill is he will do a job in three or four different positions. Can only assume it was the wages the turks offered him.

Means Duffy or Coleman will get their chance, with Distin, Hibbo, Yobo and Jags not available. Guess the question is, would we prefer to see Coleman at RB with Neville out of position at CB, or Duffy given a go in the Premiership?

I can't say I've seen enough of Duffy to be confident in him dealing with the likes of Tevez to be honest but people sure seem confident of the lad.

While I encourage youngsters to play I don't want to see us forced into relying on an 18 year old centre back who's only played a couple of games for us.

yeah i know theyre usually slow but i wouldve thought the sale of a player mightve cropped up, or at least a statement saying talks are on going. mind you, i expected the same in the summer. and the summer before. and the summmer before....

Oh, also is there any news on the other 2 loans Moyes was going on about in December?