IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Barry was a revelation alongside the quicker, hungrier McCarthy.

Barkley was allowed licence to roam and express himself because McCarthy was there (alongside Barry) to clear up his messes

Coleman was able to get forward more because he had cover from McCarthy, who (like Barry with Baines) covered the RB area during an attack.

The point is that McCarthy was instrumental, truly a lynch pin and deserves just as much, if not more, recognition as those you mentioned. He was my player of the year for exactly the reasons mentioned above and more.

I'm going to call that all complete bollocks!

So you too think McCarthy was the sole reason why other players performed this season.

If he was that good and the main stand out fella why didn't he get the awards..... Because he wasn't the best player.

I'm going to call that all complete bollocks!

So you too think McCarthy was the sole reason why other players performed this season.

If he was that good and the main stand out fella why didn't he get the awards..... Because he wasn't the best player.

Instrumental, not sole reason.

Awards?! Jesus, are you 12?! Look past the obvious!

The McCarthy debate with me is probably the same as the Lukaku debate for Hafnia. I thing Mccarthy does his job but he's far from a world beater. He's still very raw IMO. To suggest he's the sole reason for us doing well last season is just way off the mark.

Barry was a revelation

Barkley shot into the scene

Coleman became a major outlet

Lukaku scored plenty

I could go on and on. Suggesting this was all because of McCarthy and basing it on the Palace performance just ain't right. You'd need more than that to convince me we aren't a good side without him.

McCarthy was our most consistent performer throughout the season bar none - his minimum level game was above anyone elses minimum level game.

You just haven't got excited by him, thats fine - it sometimes take a little change in mindset to appreciate other players attributes and what they bring to the game.

Barry was quoted as saying McCarthy was up there with the best he had played with even at the age of 23 -

"Until you play with someone week in week out it’s hard to judge how good somebody is," he continued. "I had obviously played against James before and knew he was a really good player, but to train and play alongside him for a whole season you realise that for someone so young he is so mature."

Fans player of the season: Coleman

Players Player of the season: Coleman

If he was the sole reason for the team doing so well I'm sure he'd have got the award.

who said hes the sole reason for crying out loud! I said he was instrumental!!!

Quoting awards is on par with the pundits comment, it proves nothing!

McCarthy was our most consistent performer throughout the season bar none - his minimum level game was above anyone elses minimum level game.

You just haven't got excited by him, thats fine - it sometimes take a little change in mindset to appreciate other players attributes and what they bring to the game.

Barry was quoted as saying McCarthy was up there with the best he had played with even at the age of 23 -

"Until you play with someone week in week out it’s hard to judge how good somebody is," he continued. "I had obviously played against James before and knew he was a really good player, but to train and play alongside him for a whole season you realise that for someone so young he is so mature."

I don't rate him as highly as you and there is absolutely nothing to suggest I should rate him highly than he currently is....Evertons current level... Europa league.

Fans player of the season: Coleman

Players Player of the season: Coleman

If he was the sole reason for the team doing so well I'm sure he'd have got the award.

Laughing my head off here!!! Coleman had a very good season no question, I think the "thinking fan" would maybe have McCarthy above him.

I'm gonna tell James to grow an afro and learn the pirouet - he may get the recognition he deserves.

Guest blueboy122

In all seriousness though McCarthy is the most important player in our team. I've said for years we never truly replaced Carsley but McCarthy looks like he is our new Carsley just a much better version.

Laughing my head off here!!! Coleman had a very good season no question, I think the "thinking fan" would maybe have McCarthy above him.

I'm gonna tell James to grow an afro and learn the pirouet - he may get the recognition he deserves.

The reason he doesn't get "national" never mind European or world recognition is because he's not at that level. (Albeit yet). It's a case of overrating him. The way you go on about suggests he's the sole reason Everton did well last season. He's not even the best player at the club.

Guest blueboy122

The way the Kopites go on about Henderson being this whole new brilliant player etc. I have said to any that he isn't no where near as good as McCarthy and that isn't me being biased he just really isn't. Henderson is just a work horse with great stamina.

The way the Kopites go on about Henderson being this whole new brilliant player etc. I have said to any that he isn't no where near as good as McCarthy and that isn't me being biased he just really isn't. Henderson is just a work horse with great stamina.

McCarthy is our Henderson nobody outside the club rates him.

Awards are a vote majority of fans/players didn't vote for McCarthy. The end.

Majority of TT members did ;).

The votes James McCarthy has got from this game (Hull away) has just seen him sneak past Ross at the top of the TT Player of the Season standings so he's our winner. Well deserved; an outstanding first season!

The reason he doesn't get "national" never mind European or world recognition is because he's not at that level. (Albeit yet). It's a case of overrating him. The way you go on about suggests he's the sole reason Everton did well last season. He's not even the best player at the club.

You're getting John Burns treatment if you carry on with this - noone has said he is the sole reason! We have said he is instrumental/most important player. Which he is.

Guest blueboy122

Couldn't care less about recognition from newspapers, pundits, ex pro's etc.

We as fans who watch him week in week out know his importance to the team and how good he really is.... Well most do.

I suppose you need Mark Lawrenson to give him a 2 minute reel on match of the day before you rate him.

Look am happy for him to go under the radar even by our own fans sometimes. Keeps the vultures from circling.

You're getting John Burns treatment if you carry on with this - noone has said he is the sole reason! We have said he is instrumental/most important player. Which he is.

Lol, Like I'd give a fuck.

Read Hafnia's original post and then tell me he isn't suggesting he's the sole reason we had a good season.

Couldn't care less about recognition from newspapers, pundits, ex pro's etc.We as fans who watch him week in week out know his importance to the team and how good he really is.... Well most do.I suppose you need Mark Lawrenson to give him a 2 minute reel on match of the day before you rate him.Look am happy for him to go under the radar even by our own fans sometimes. Keeps the vultures from circling.

Top players don't stay under the radar.

Guest blueboy122

Top players don't stay under the radar.

He's not under the radar to many fans that can see the importance of him in our team.

All the plaudits Henderson has recieved this season for being a very average player with a good engine is an insult to McCarthy because in my opinion McCarthy is a level above Henderson.

You put McCarthy in United's team and see the recognition he would get its because he plays for plucky old Everton and doesn't score 30 yard screamers or Cryuff turn opponents week in week out he doesn't get the usual bull shit match of the day analysis.

Makalele is a great example of a playing going under the radar and not receiving international recognition it's only when he was out of the team and retired that people realised how good a player he really was.

Edited by blueboy122

Guest blueboy122

Like that matters..... The majority of the "Official" vote didn't.

We are the fans that pay to watch him week in week out. Surely that we recognise his importance to the team counts for something

He's not under the radar to many fans that can see the importance of him in our team.All the plaudits Henderson has recieved this season for being a very average player with a good engine is an insult to McCarthy because in my opinion McCarthy is a level above Henderson.You put McCarthy in United's team and see the recognition he would get its because he plays for plucky old Everton and doesn't score 30 yard screamers or Cryuff turn opponents week in week out he doesn't get the usual bull shit match of the day analysis.Makalele is a great example of a playing going under the radar and not receiving international recognition it's only when he was out of the team and retired that people realised how good a player he really was.

What???? Makalele wasn't recognised until he retired. Ya not havin that mate. He played for Real Madrid and even had the position named after him (whilst he was playing)

Guest blueboy122

What???? Makalele wasn't recognised until he retired. Ya not havin that mate. He played for Real Madrid and even had the position named after him (whilst he was playing)

Not at all mate.

Real Madrid let him go because they had the same mind set as you.

He had the position named after him years later.

Guest blueboy122

What are you rambling on about. The vote was on the clubs official website.

I am rambling on.....

What do you call the shite that you spout?

It's quite embarrassing