IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Good man glad your not a financial advisor btw Newty ;-)

Not sure of the link there, but thumbs up and all that.

Expect all sorts of rumours in the coming weeks. Honestly, I think he is out of our price range unless by some miracle we have 40-50 million to spend.

"We would love to have him back and people at Chelsea are good friends of mine so we are hopeful."

I'm not too sure thats how it works Bill,

Chelsea Friend:- "Hi Roman, just got off the phone to Bill Kenwright, he's a cracking fella he gives me comp tickets to the shows in the west end and he really does tell some crackin stories, thing is he wants to buy Lukaku, he is offering £12m plus £8m over the next 20 years, I know that you have had a £22m cash offer from a club that we wouldn't have to compete against in the league but what do you say???"

Roman:- "Ты уволен"

"We would love to have him back and people at Chelsea are good friends of mine so we are hopeful."

Chelsea Friend:- "Hi Roman, just got off the phone to Bill Kenwright, he's a cracking fella he gives me comp tickets to the shows in the west end and he really does tell some crackin stories, thing is he wants to buy Lukaku, he is offering £12m plus £8m over the next 20 years, I know that you have had a £22m cash offer from a club that we wouldn't have to compete against in the league but what do you say???"

Dont underestimate the power of favours in the business world...

Dont underestimate the power of favours in the business world...

I'm just trying to think of whether front row seats to "Dream boats and petticoats" is gonna swing it for Bill with a man who could just buy all the theaters in london and turn them into Charity shops just for something to do.

I'm just trying to think of whether front row seats to "Dream boats and petticoats" is gonna swing it for Bill with a man who could just buy all the theaters in london and turn them into Charity shops just for something to do.

You know I dont mean tickets :rofl:

Nor sexual favours, if anyone is thinking that....

You forgot to mention the loan fee we have already paid them......

Mmmmmmmmmwahahahaha!

Apart from Chelsea, City and probably Real Madrid, not many transfers are paid in full up front. Almost every transfer has success clauses included and bits paid on the drip. And even when the lump sum is paid it's spread in the club accounts over the term of the contract.

I'd suspect any favours we get will be in the form of the payment spread and clauses, as it's not like Chelsea are screaming for cash in the bank.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/deulofeu-ready-for-barca-martinez-30357700.html

As well as Deulofeu, Martinez will be without another of his star performers last season, with striker Romelu Lukaku heading back to parent club Chelsea after scoring 15 goals while on loan with Everton.

However, it is believed the Belgium international could follow Deulofeu in heading to Spain, with champions Atletico Madrid tipped to sign him as part of a deal that will see Diego Costa join Jose Mourinho's side.

"Romelu is a bit like Gerard, a great player but a youngster, he arrived in Liverpool without much tactical discipline, but he has improved a lot, without losing any of his physical or technical assets," said Martinez.

"If he ends up going to Atletico, knowing the work of (Atletico coach) Diego Simeone, it will be good for Simeone and for Atletico. I also think his characteristics will suit Simeone, and vice-versa."

Looks like he ain't coming back.