IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Just sheer bias against the guy. Anyone who's ever played football can tell that it's a good first touch. He should stick to beating his shaft off over Welbeck.

Bloody hell should I start looking behind me when I get out my car at night?

For the same price I would take Lukaku over Welbeck. I would prefer Welbeck for 10m rather than Lukaku for 20+.

I watched the video on my mobile... Which I did point out and to me it looked like his first touch was a bounce and his second pulled it under control. This was on my mobile phone and if I am wrong then I am wrong. I promise once I am back at home on Saturday I will watch it on a larger screen and if wrong then I will say I am wrong.

Again sorry to upset you haha.

Guest Nikica

Bloody hell should I start looking behind me when I get out my car at night?

For the same price I would take Lukaku over Welbeck. I would prefer Welbeck for 10m rather than Lukaku for 20+.

I watched the video on my mobile... Which I did point out and to me it looked like his first touch was a bounce and his second pulled it under control. This was on my mobile phone and if I am wrong then I am wrong. I promise once I am back at home on Saturday I will watch it on a larger screen and if wrong then I will say I am wrong.

Again sorry to upset you haha.

I'm not here to argue with you. I simply thought you were extremely harsh in the other thread, which is what prompted my response.

I won't be reading your replies in the other thread as I have made my point and it has become petulant enough. I have a problem with you casting aspersions on knowledge and intellect, as well as your sly (but not unnoticed) implication that anyone who says they rated Sturridge pre-Liverpool is lying.

Oh, and your appeal to authority (if you're going to talk down to me please don't use logical fallacies, I have explained why they are illogical in said thread).

I'm generally a pretty friendly guy (albeit short-tempered) but your comments were incendiary and there was no need. I'm sure Bailey etc weren't too impressed either but they're far less likely to comment than I am.

Edited by Nikica

Guest Nikica

That's fine. I don't even know what your opinion is on non-Welbeck matters so I can't say whether I respect those opinions or not. I'd have to see them.

I hope you know better than to appeal to authority in future though, now that I've let you know that it is a logical fallacy.

Edited by Nikica

Guest Nikica

I have learnt my lesson, thank you.

I hope we can get over this and talk football more.

You gave me a headache reading all that. Told you.. I'm not too bright.

Look forward to verbally sparring with you when we sign Cleverly!

Tbh I could probably write an essay in response to whatever you have written, but I think it's best I just stay away from the thread so that we can move on. It just becomes circular reasoning if not. I have no idea if you are smart or not - not fair to judge that from a football debate tbh.

Sometimes I take something overly personally even if it's not that harsh. The fact that you were referring to 5 or 6 of us and only I commented is telling.

I'd rather just draw a line and not have it affect future debates. As I say I called you names etc and it was unwarranted. I don't hold grudges so perhaps we can forget it and just talk in a civil fashion in future.

I also apologise for following you in here - was just a cheeky little comment and typical of me when I sulk. Again, I'm sorry.

EDIT: In fact, I think it was you who was talking a few months ago when we were discussing Messi in a thread. You seemed sound then. There will be no grudges held from my end of things.

Edited by Nikica

Hey mate I hope you havent taken this too much to heart and im sure you havent.

Ypu are right I am a sarcastic pr***!

But I honestly don't mean it to come across so serious.

Its hard on a forum to come across the way you mean. I am not trying to upset anyone but will admit to trying to get a reaction. But I honestly only mean it in a fun way, and I mean that.

I won't hold any grudges and I didn't mean the no respect comment. If you look back I have shown much respect for your posts and will continue to do so. I am humbled by some of the guys on this forum and would like to shake hands with a lot of you one day.

I stick by my comments on the players but admit to baiting a lot on the posters. Please dont take me serious, my sarcasm is limited and my English more... Though you won't find many more English than me haha!

Just as an aside, his hat-trick against Luxembourg has been wiped out because that game is no longer valid due to Belgium using 7 subs when only 6 are permitted.

To be honest I'm tired of the strikers that use this kind of friendly to boost their stats.

Example: Torres has scored three times against Tahiti at the Confecup in a game that ended 10-0, two against Ireland at the Euro (4-0), one pen against Bolivia in a friendly(it was never a pen), and he always uses the qualifiers against the likes of San Marino or Lichtenstein to score 2 or 3 and hide what is in reality a very poor record against meaningful opposition.

Friendlies, qualifiers and meaningless cup games (i.e.: early rounds against non-league teams) should not be important for good goalscorers.

I don't really agree with another loan deal. If we can't get him permanently then we should be looking to buy someone who can play there long term for us.

I'd happily take him back on loan but with a loan-to-buy deal this time, then get in another striker

I don't really agree with another loan deal. If we can't get him permanently then we should be looking to buy someone who can play there long term for us.

I think we should be doing both, at present we only have Kone and Naismith and they aren't exactly going to be striking fear into the defenders around the Premier League

I think we should be doing both, at present we only have Kone and Naismith and they aren't exactly going to be striking fear into the defenders around the Premier League

Kone will strike fear into those sitting behind the goals though ;).

In all seriousness though; I'd go along with that.

A loan as long as there is some first option with a set price. That way if he does prove many if us wrong then we have a chance of keeping him.

Trouble with potential is that you need to take the chance before they get too expensive.

If we don't put something in place before the world cup then we could see his cost hit the clouds. Then i wouldn't want to loan him as I would rather us build our team.

My only concern is the loan fee. If its another 5m, thats 10 in 2 seasons so I would be expecting a potential 10m deal at the end of the season.

We dont even know what the original loan fee was. Its all been pure speculation like most transfer fees/wages these days.

If we are to get him on loan we definitely have to have first shout with a pre set buy value which takes into account any previous loan fees we have already paid.

It would be unacceptable to me to loan him without these conditions. We would basically be upping his value to Chelsea alone.

I can't see Chelsea taking any previous loan fee into any consideration we've had his services for a set period and paid them for it any such deal would have had to have been put into place initially knowing we could potentially buy him now or loan him again next season.

I still don't think he will be here next season but if he did to expect a club to accept such terms in my opinion is financial idiocy on Chelsea's part and won't happen for me

I can't see Chelsea taking any previous loan fee into any consideration we've had his services for a set period and paid them for it any such deal would have had to have been put into place initially knowing we could potentially buy him now or loan him again next season.

I still don't think he will be here next season but if he did to expect a club to accept such terms in my opinion is financial idiocy on Chelsea's part and won't happen for me

Totally agree, why on earth would Chelsea agree to such a ridiculous proposal?

Even if the loan fee was £5M it represents better value than the £6M we spent on Kone