IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Good post mate (although the strange thing about RM is that they had and valued the excellent Redondo in the same role a few years prior to Makelele).

Redondo was a legend. He dominated midfield on his own by doing both attack and defense. Makelele was only defense, he needed someone to start the attack and move the ball. He could destroy attacks and iniciate them with accurate passes, although he was sometimes a bit slow and retained the ball too much.

Guest Nikica

Redondo was a legend. He dominated midfield on his own by doing both attack and defense. Makelele was only defense, he needed someone to start the attack and move the ball. He could destroy attacks and iniciate them with accurate passes, although he was sometimes a bit slow and retained the ball too much.

Yep, true, Redondo was far more technically gifted and great going forward. I just meant that they both started from a deeper position. Obviously different players though.

I can't see a hat trick against one of the weakest sides in europe boosting his value too much. It indicates that he will be the first choice striker though.

Its a hattrick on the international scene, showing to the world he can score for fun.

What a team though, jeez...

• 13 Bossut
  • 02 Alderweireld (Vanden Borre - 45' )
  • 05 Vertonghen (Lombaerts - 77' )
  • 08 Fellaini
  • 04 Kompany (van Buyten - 45' )
  • 03 Vermaelen
  • 11 Mirallas (Januzaj - 45' )
  • 06 Witsel (Defour - 45' )
  • 09 Lukaku (Origi - 61' )
  • 07 De Bruyne
  • 10 Hazard (Chadli - 45' )

Gotta be worth a cheeky punt at the World Cup!

What a team though, jeez...

• 13 Bossut
  • 02 Alderweireld (Vanden Borre - 45' )
  • 05 Vertonghen (Lombaerts - 77' )
  • 08 Fellaini
  • 04 Kompany (van Buyten - 45' )
  • 03 Vermaelen
  • 11 Mirallas (Januzaj - 45' )
  • 06 Witsel (Defour - 45' )
  • 09 Lukaku (Origi - 61' )
  • 07 De Bruyne
  • 10 Hazard (Chadli - 45' )

Gotta be worth a cheeky punt at the World Cup!

Yup...I'd be excited about the WC if I was a Belgian.

Guest blueboy122

The only surprise is that Belgium didn't put at least 10 past them.

Agreed I don't think it will make his price increase anymore

People going mad for those goals by 21st birthday. He was playing for anderlecht first team at 16 years old and had done 33 goals in 70 odd games whilst still 17...

The lad was probably growing pubes whilst his class mates were getting rid of their baby teeth.

Guest Nikica

Yeah, I like Luakaku but I agree with haf on this. Lukaku is clearly an early developer and that doesn't really guarantee that he will continue to progress. I think he can but we can't simply extrapolate those stats to assume that he will keep hitting those goals as he gets older. I did say he has a lot of mental development to go but he's been physically developed for ages and that has helped him, especially in the Beglian league.

Only with a minor improvement in his game for the next 7 years, he would be a top scorer. With all his current flaws, he's still a 15 goal and 5 assist per season man.

With more experience and a bit of tactical knowledge, assuming no technical development at all, and he'll be in the 18-24 goal bracket for years to come. Even for an early developer, the tools he has at the moment should be enough to guarantee him a decent career.

Only injuries or lack of playtime could stop him.

I have the feeling he will not be coming back unfortunately if he is not signed before the WC starts. He will be the starting striker for Belgium, the moment he scores a couple, any team with money and needs will try to sign him (Inter? Milan? Atletico? Dortmund?).

I would have loved to have seen the 2009-2011 Louis Saha play in this Martinez set up. If we did it would put Lukaku into a real perspective.

I would have backed that version of Louis Saha to net 20 goals+ and get a fair few assists... if we had seen that, then some fans would be far less desperate to get Lukaku.

That's the problem, Everton fans have become brain washed into thinking 15 goals is a miracle for a striker to score. Jay Rodriguez scored that for Southampton this season.