IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

dont want him. he obviously doesnt want to sign for us and would be looking for clubs after a yeat. contract or no contract. cut our losses and start looking elsewhere. wasting valubale time on him.

If we did buy him and he played well enough to get a move to a bigger club in 12 months time then we would be selling for a profit anyway so its a win - win situation

I can't see Chelsea taking any previous loan fee into any consideration we've had his services for a set period and paid them for it any such deal would have had to have been put into place initially knowing we could potentially buy him now or loan him again next season.

I still don't think he will be here next season but if he did to expect a club to accept such terms in my opinion is financial idiocy on Chelsea's part and won't happen for me

Football is financial idiocy.

It would also be quite idiotic of us to splash out more on that same loanee. Where's our medium-long term gain? It's just another quick fix.

Of course, that is all based on the much talked about 5million loan fee.

I mean, say if Chelsea do loan him out again. That's 3 seasons in a row. They would most probably then have recouped the fee they paid for him. And could still sell him on for 20 odd million?! That seems crazy. Although after this upcoming season he'll only have 1 year left on his contract???? Fee would reduce quite a lot.

He ain't coming anyway!!!

He's saying he's going to use the World Cup to get himself a move which tells me he's not even thinking of signing with us permanently. He doesn't need to show our management anything; they've seen what he can do for the past season.

Move on people and enjoy Kone being the main man.

Totally agree, why on earth would Chelsea agree to such a ridiculous proposal?

Even if the loan fee was £5M it represents better value than the £6M we spent on Kone

It's called negotiating. You go with it and see what happens.

After all, no one would pay 50million for David Luiz.

Oh.......

If we buy him for £20M and he bangs in 30 goals and gets us into the top 4 then moves on for £40M I wouldnt exactly be distraught

You sound like the shite with Suarez now. If he doesn't feel pride in wearing the badge he can go fuck himself. We've put him in the shop window again.

He thinks he's better than he actually is anyway.

You sound like the shite with Suarez now. If he doesn't feel pride in wearing the badge he can go fuck himself. We've put him in the shop window again.

He thinks he's better than he actually is any

And you sound like a spoilt 5 year old brat!

Lukaku looks to be keeping his options open until after the World Cup and why shouldnt he? That doesnt mean to say that IF he did sign for us he wouldnt show the same pride as anybody else in an Everton jersey next season

And you sound like a spoilt 5 year old brat!

Lukaku looks to be keeping his options open until after the World Cup and why shouldnt he? That doesnt mean to say that IF he did sign for us he wouldnt show the same pride as anybody else in an Everton jersey next season

You really are naive. He's looking for a champions league club.

Why want a player who doesn't want us. Suppose you would have moyes back if bobby left.

If we buy him for £20M and he bangs in 30 goals and gets us into the top 4 then moves on for £40M I wouldnt exactly be distraught

If we could be guaranteed 30 goals + champs league...I'd take that.

Bit of a wild card to call though.

He's saying he's going to use the World Cup to get himself a move which tells me he's not even thinking of signing with us permanently. He doesn't need to show our management anything; they've seen what he can do for the past season.

Move on people and enjoy Kone being the main man.

Oh hell yeah....The sound of common sense. It pops up every so often!!!

Football is financial idiocy.

It would also be quite idiotic of us to splash out more on that same loanee. Where's our medium-long term gain? It's just another quick fix.

Of course, that is all based on the much talked about 5million loan fee

That goes without saying but that's in regards to the inflated fee's wages and so on it has nothing to do with expecting a club to knock said fee from any deal the following season it's a ridiculous assumption to even think they'd entertain the idea IMO.

As for long term gains well again it's self explanatory really it's a loan which is a short term option with such gains like his goals helped gain European football higher league finish thus giving the club extra funds which would or could offset any fee's for Lukaku Barry and Gerry

The rest is just simple but brilliant business on Chelsea's part if you could rent your car out and recoup your initial outlay after three years then have the option to sell it for more than you paid would you not?

Anyway said it a few times now he isn''t coming and I've never had any assumption that he would he'll be used as a make weight abroad or will get a big move after the world cup.

I'd pay 10 mil (two loaned seasons with Lukaku) to have a striker in the team that produces 30-40 goals in that time.

If we're worried about him playing for the badge, why loan any players in the first place?

I highly doubt Deulofeu was working hard because he loved Everton so much. He was more concerned about being at Barca the next season.

As long as they work hard, I'm okay with any player who has his sights set on "higher" goals. If they can help us reach a higher goal, then I'll always accept them. 5 million for 15 goals? We paid 6M for Kone and so far we have zero goals to show for it. Yes, he was injured, but that doesn't change the fact we dished out money for him and still haven't received a return on investment yet.

If we did buy him and he played well enough to get a move to a bigger club in 12 months time then we would be selling for a profit anyway so its a win - win situation

I would think that even if Chelsea sell him they will have some kind of clause in where they take a huge percent of any profit if sold in the next few years.

at his price I couldn't see us making any money on it.

if he signed or is loaned then it needs to get us champions league football.

That goes without saying but that's in regards to the inflated fee's wages and so on it has nothing to do with expecting a club to knock said fee from any deal the following season it's a ridiculous assumption to even think they'd entertain the idea IMO.

As for long term gains well again it's self explanatory really it's a loan which is a short term option with such gains like his goals helped gain European football higher league finish thus giving the club extra funds which would or could offset any fee's for Lukaku Barry and Gerry

The rest is just simple but brilliant business on Chelsea's part if you could rent your car out and recoup your initial outlay after three years then have the option to sell it for more than you paid would you not?

Anyway said it a few times now he isn''t coming and I've never had any assumption that he would he'll be used as a make weight abroad or will get a big move after the world cup.

As said earlier, it's just an idea for negotiating. That's how it works right? I mean, someone asks for 5k for their car, you don't go in with a 5k offer do you? Play it and see what you can get. The Luiz deal was great for Chelsea, as you say. What if a great deal could be pulled off in Evertons favour for Lukaku? It won't happen if you just go in with what they want. Lay down what you want, and see where you end up. In that case, it's not idiotic and it is not a ridiculous assumption.

I find it a bit frustrating that one persons opinion can be trashed, yet you finish with the classic IMO!!! The great get out clause...The 3 letters that say 'don't come back at me bitch, you can't do that now I've IMO'd'!!! Ha.

Anyway, where I fully agree is that he ain't coming here anyway. I've also said it several times. So we are square with that one!

If we were going to sign him I think it would have been done by now.

Weird post. Why do you think that? the lad has loads of clubs following him and the potential to be a major star in the world cup. We have limited funds so I don't get that