IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

As said earlier, it's just an idea for negotiating. That's how it works right? I mean, someone asks for 5k for their car, you don't go in with a 5k offer do you? Play it and see what you can get. The Luiz deal was great for Chelsea, as you say. What if a great deal could be pulled off in Evertons favour for Lukaku? It won't happen if you just go in with what they want. Lay down what you want, and see where you end up. In that case, it's not idiotic and it is not a ridiculous assumption.

I find it a bit frustrating that one persons opinion can be trashed, yet you finish with the classic IMO!!! The great get out clause...The 3 letters that say 'don't come back at me bitch, you can't do that now I've IMO'd'!!! Ha.

Anyway, where I fully agree is that he ain't coming here anyway. I've also said it several times. So we are square with that one!

No you don't you negotiate a fee agreed but the loan fee would have no bearing on a fee for purchase how can it such a deal would have to have been put into place already which it obviously hasn't?

In short it's like Chelsea turning round and saying ok we've had a deal which is now expired but if you want him we'll let you off with the "rumoured" £5m they just wouldn't have it they would milk us for every penny.

As said we've had his services for a period which has ended and worked well for all involved it's a simple as that really, also I wasn't thrashing your post I just found it odd that a few people suggested we should hypothetically have the loan fee taken into account it just clearly wouldn't happen don't get me wrong it would be great if it was possible.

IMO is simply just that my opinion nothing more how the fuck You've taken it as you've stated I'll never know it was simply an idea that a few put forward that I thought was never going to happen.

I'll leave it at that as it's a pointless debate and not really worth harping on about.

Edited by EFC-Paul

We dont even know what the original loan fee was. Its all been pure speculation like most transfer fees/wages these days.

i know mate. The reason I mentioned it is because the transfer fee at the end would be closer to 25m, assuming the 5m loan fee and touted 20m transfer fee are correct and that makes me uncomfortable despite how much I want the lad here Edited by Matt

No you don't you negotiate a fee agreed but the loan fee would have no bearing on a fee for purchase how can it such a deal would have to have been put into place already which it obviously hasn't?

In short it's like Chelsea turning round and saying ok we've had a deal which is now expired but if you want him we'll let you off with the "rumoured" £5m they just wouldn't have it they would milk us for every penny.

As said we've had his services for a period which has ended and worked well for all involved it's a simple as that really, also I wasn't thrashing your post I just found it odd that a few people suggested we should hypothetically have the loan fee taken into account it just clearly wouldn't happen don't get me wrong it would be great if it was possible.

IMO is simply just that my opinion nothing more how the fuck You've taken it as you've stated I'll never know it was simply an idea that a few put forward that I thought was never going to happen.

I'll leave it at that as it's a pointless debate and not really worth harping on about.

Totally agree, I just dont get why anybody would think that the fee we paid for last seasons loan would have any bearing on any future deal. I mean by that logic could West Brom also get £5M knocked off the asking price because they had him the season before?

Thank fuck for that. What an absolute waffle. Guess that's the beauty of forums. The weather's too nice and too much to do to respond in any other way!!!

And he ain't coming anyway!!! Ha.

As for you Dunc. Well, it's just you.

It's all guess work I've seen a few posts of rough figures from projected revenue increases etc but it all depends on how the club use it and what's left over for transfers

In short nope not a clue but it would be nice to have half of what figures have been banded around

The Daily Mail are reporting that we've agreed a fee of £23 million for Rom!

That fee has me breaking out into a sweat!

I know people have speculated we'd have £30m to spend before sales but I can't see us having more than £20m. So we've just blown our whole budget on him (if it's true and I'm right about how much we have to spend). Martinez will have to get very creative in the transfer market if he really does want to bring 6 or 7 new players in.

I was looking last night. Pretty sure it doesn't exist. Twitter rumor about a fake article, I'm guessing. Maybe I'm wrong though.

I follow Oliver Kay, Tony Barrett, Andy Hunter, Greg O'Keeffe and Phil McNulty on Twitter and none of them have tweeted anything about a deal either. Even if there is such a Daily Mail report out there somewhere, it's still not true probably.

I no us Everton fans have to be dreamers some times but seriously we have 0 chance of getting lukaku get on with it now. At times he looked no better than anichebe did, obviously he does have class but its just not worth it and he was blatently just playing for a new team when he could be assed last season, imo if we got in the champions league he still wouldnt have signed but thats opinion

Edited by Blue4Ever