IGNORED

Aston Villa (away)

dark

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pip scoring is surely only second to hibbert scoring on the riot stakes

again we lose the lead twice, but if my crappy stream was anything to go by we played some beautifull football. i'd almost rather not have european football next year to let us concetrate on the league, as long as it didnt make any players think twice about staying

The number of times we've thrown away a lead this season we don't deserve to be in Europe tbh, we've gotta sort that out. Absolutely gutted, we're a much, much better team than them, some of their cynical fouling was a disgrace.

Oh well, it's been a fantastic effort for the last two thirds of the season, unfortunately just not quite enough. Bring on next year - if we can have a relatively drama-free summer!

If that chance had've fallen to anyone but Phil Neville, I'm sure we'd all be celebrating 3 points now. I can't believe we've thrown away another 2 points to those cheatin, dirty .... We're a much better team than they are. The worst thing is that I think that mean our season is pretty much over, nothing much else to play for, I think 7th is too far out of reach with just 4 games to go. Gutted there'll defo be no Europe next year :(

Why does this keep happening!!!!!!!! We are too good to lose leads like this, we couldn't keep it today, we couldn't keep it against a far inferior West Ham, and we missed so many great opportunities against Wolves. Personally, we haven't played the same since Landon Donovan has left (It's probably not the sole reason, and maybe not even a huge reason, but since he left, we haven't played as well, we had a good game against Man City, and that's about all I can think of when it comes to positives.

Guest rusty747

Evening Gents. I am normally polite, considered and think overnight before posting comments off the cuff on any Everton performance - good, bad or indifferent. Tonight, please stand back, for I am about to let rip at someone I have supported 100% for the past 8 years. I thought, by and large, that tonight we played Villa off the park and the only variable would be whether we won 1-2 or 1-3 by getting a third on the break as they pressed for the equaliser. Unfortunately, I forgot that we are a team of lions who are managed by a bunch of fucking donkeys. David Moyes and Steve Round, just what the fuck were you playing at by substituting Billy for Joey on the 90 minute mark. We looked more like scoring a third than they did of equalising until you pulled that fucking master stroke. You honestly looked like a manager who couldn't believe that he had got the points in the bag and would prostitute principles and dignity to hang on to a grubbyy 1-2 win - when you could have kept it just as it was, looked for the out ball to Billy who holds it up well, not only securing a 1-2 or 1-3 win in the process but also throwing down a marker for next season. As it was, a superb team performance was let down, imho, by piss poor management who 'managed' to snatch a draw from the jaws of victory. FFS Motes, have the courage in your players ability that they obviously have in each other and let them fucking play. We are now a good footballing side or hadn't you fucking noticed?

I don't blame a single Everton player for losing 2 points tonight. I thought they all gave 100% and could be proud of both their individual and collective performances. I was lucky enough to be able to watch the game on live TV in a sports bar in Amsterdam. Spurs v Arsenal was on the next screen. When they were 2-1 up with a minute or so to go they brought on Crouch - get the point Moyes? Sad to say, they also have a keeper who is worth as much as 10 points a season to them - just like big Nev was to us in the 80's.

Moyes, the next few games will define your standing and legacy at Goodison. If you think Europe is still possible (and I do - but only fucking just) then please, please, please, lets go balls out for it. Not by trying to win games 2-1 after 60 minutes, then giving a backs to the wall performance that invariably ends up in dropped points, but by encouraging our flair players to play football with a smile on the face, a bit of pomp and arrogance tht their ability is deserving of. Do that and come close and I will support you next season through thick and thin. Do it and succeed and we will be on the start of an Everton dynasty at just the right time to knock the red shite off their perch. But try and do it by hanging on to grubby. 1-2 wins by substituting an attacking mid for a third centre back with a few minutes to go and I will call you a spineless coward who has fuck all belief or confidence in a team that deserve better from their manager.

Some hard calls need to be made before the end of this `season to be ready for the start of next:

Howard. Nice guy, decent keeper, good for the USA interest but he ain't worth 10 points a season. It just might be that a certain John Ruddy has come of age.

Phil Neville. Nice guy, great leader but average as a right back and thats about it.

Yak. Could have been but it hasn't worked. Keep him as a third striker if we can afford his salary or let him go.

Saha. Slowly improving but on a terrible run without scoring. We need that Sharp/Gray combination from 84/85 and thats going to cost big money. Unless Jukebox comes home with Ruddy and finds form. But a new, big name, 25 goals a season centre forward is an absolute must before the world cup starts and prices get silly.

Hibbo, Everton through and through and I love him to bits. Squad player and cover for Coleman at right back. No more

Distin. Starting to grow on me again but not as first choice centre back. Try Duffy/Jags or get Bill to get the cheque book out - Muntari?

Cahill? Tim, I owe you an apology mate. I thought you were getting a bit long in the tooth. Howard Kendall made the mistake of cashing in on Andy Gray a year too soon in 85. Moyes, dont make the same mistake. TC could just be our big game ace in the hole next season.

Overall? Decision time Moyes. Either give up the chase for seventh now and let next seasons starting 11 get to play together, or have the confidence in your players that they so obviously have in each other and allow them to play open, free flowing, attractive footie for 90 minutes plus injury time. Do that, and win, lose or draw I will support you. But try to win ugly at the death while managing a team of thoroughbreds and I will want you out, quick smart.

Rant over, thanks for reading.

NSNO

Rusty 747 aka Richard P. Everton supporter since 1969/70