IGNORED

Loic Remy

Guest efctaxi

Would be a good signing as said above he's bound to go to tottenham and I very much doubt were even looking at him. he wont be waiting long for a move and we are never going to pay his wages.

Agreed - I wouldn't be surprised if people are sniffing around now wanting him to sign a pre-contract with them.

I don't reckon they will. From what I've read they have a lot of high wage earners.

I think they have too many players where the money is more important than their career that will not move unless their wages are kept at a similar rate.

100% agree with this. They get what they deserve. They alienated most of the guys who got them there. Taarabet and Green I would Imagine leave, but cannot fathom how much money they must have thrown at Mbia, Remy, and Samba to convince them to come.

Didnt there chariman say highest earner is 65K per week so i dontt think Samba is on 100k, tho i know all the issues stem from he is on this and im better than him etc etc..

I would take Remy i think he looked half decent in a crap team and has bags of pace, not sure if he has rel release fee or of his age..

Didnt there chariman say highest earner is 65K per week so i dontt think Samba is on 100k, tho i know all the issues stem from he is on this and im better than him etc etc..

I wouldn't trust anything that joke of a chairman says. Anyone else see "the 4 year plan" on tv a while back? The club is run by absolute jokers, I'm surprised Harry hasn't been sacked yet tbh...

• 10 months later...

I would love this guy so much.... Been raving about him for about four years now. Completely different to what we've had. When rm bemoans chances missed. This won't happen with this guy. To say he's clinical is an understatement. Would love to see him here.please, please let this happen. I've always complained about our strikers not getting behind the opposition back four or between the lines, this guy does this for fun.

I reckon Martinez actively attempts to piss clubs off. Just look at West Ham and the amount of times he's pissed on their chips. He acts all nice but he's a ruthless mofo underneath it all :P.

• 1 month later...

Martinez getting in first with the potential to charm the lads pants off is a great tactic - he will be told he will be number 1 striker - something that Wenger can't assure him with Giroud in his squad.

I think he could be a potential trouble causer, but the squad has such a good balance that i'm sure he would behave himself. %Remy himslef must have seen the way we played and thought - I fancy a bit of that.

Here's hoping. Be made up to get him.

Martinez getting in first with the potential to charm the lads pants off is a great tactic - he will be told he will be number 1 striker - something that Wenger can't assure him with Giroud in his squad.

I think he could be a potential trouble causer, but the squad has such a good balance that i'm sure he would behave himself. %Remy himslef must have seen the way we played and thought - I fancy a bit of that.

Here's hoping. Be made up to get him.

Me too. But 8m.... Got to be worth a shot even if hes not my preference and even if Im not convinced by him

Guest blueboy122

Me too. But 8m.... Got to be worth a shot even if hes not my preference and even if Im not convinced by him

Exactly.

Am sure he wouldn't be acting like he previously has done with Big Dunc round the place.

I like Remy I think with our kind of budget and the likely hood Lukaku will either be out of our price range or may not even want to be here permanently he'd be the ideal price and foil for how we play

At £8m if it's possible then he's a player I'd love to have here

The Times article:

Loïc Rémy a part of Everton’s forward planning

Everton have indicated that Romelu Lukaku will not return to the club next season by making the first move to sign Loïc Rémy, the Queens Park Rangers striker who spent the past season on loan at Newcastle United.

The France striker has an £8 million release clause in his contract at QPR and is expected to be a target for several leading sides over the summer. He is unlikely to move permanently to the north east and has said that he wants to move to a club who are playing in the Champions League.

Arsenal, who are looking for a forward who can play anywhere along the front line, have been monitoring the situation, and Everton, who have qualified for the Europa League, have made signing a striker a priority and are willing to offer Rémy a lucrative contract. The Merseyside club are less willing to meet Chelsea’s £25 million asking price for Lukaku, who has also attracted interest from Tottenham Hotspur.

Rémy is not expected to stay at QPR even if the club are promoted to the top flight by beating Derby County in the Sky Bet Championship play-off final. The west London club have signalled their intention to change the make-up of their squad and cut costs for next season after announcing in March that their net debt had risen to £177 million. Tony Fernandes, the owner, said the club were in no danger even if they were not promoted, in which case their parachute payments would fall from £23 million to £18 million.

“Yes, we can [afford not to go up],” Fernandes said. “I’m an accountant by background — I may not seem it. But we’ve told the fans, whether we go up or we don’t, we’re here for the long term. We know what culture we want at the club, what we want in the academy and we will continue the journey whether we’re in the Championship or the Premier League.”

QPR still face the possibility of being fined for failing to fall in line with the Football League’s financial fair play rules, which require clubs to limit their losses this season to a maximum of £8 million or face the sanction of either a transfer embargo or, if they have been promoted to the Premier League, a fine.

He's another one that might shine more in a counter attacking team imo, but I guess you can't argue with £8m for a striker that scored 14 goals in 26 games this season.

I agree, however it's these 'rape' claims that worry me. true or not, he's getting himself into these positions and one day he might not be so lucky to get away with it.

Innocent until proven guilty hey.

It's not gonna happen I don't think anyway, the CL thing will be the decider.