IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

Gold?

No....but won semi final of the 200m in 19.98, second fastest Brit ever at nineteen years old.

He won't beat Bolt in the final tomorrow but may just get a medal....he was primarily a football player (was a junior at Chelsea) until last year so he's not long been serious about athletics.

Comes across as a nice lad as well.

Southgate appointed the new U21 coach.

What this means is we'll be exactly the same as we were under Pearce... Shite.

If he's as bad for the juniors squad as he was taking penalties for the senior level, then it really could be a struggle.

I don't follow junior level soccer much, at least not international level, but remember seeing some items of news here and there when Pearce was involved, that he was doing a good job and assembling a decent side (These kids are our future etc). But it all fell away a bit towards the end.

Pity really, as I don't have an issue with Pearce and recognize him as a fine professional that was involved and as patriotic as you will find towards his country. Just another player that couldn't cut it at managerial level it would appear, but you would have wanted him to have been a little more successful.

Why is it, that when brothers are both professional footballers, it's usually the olderone that's the best?

Rio Ferdinand > Anton Ferdinand

Vincent Kompany > François Kompany

Eden Hazard > Thorgan Hazard

Romelu Lukaku > Jordan Lukaku

Micheal Laudrup > Brian Laudrup

Filippo Inzaghi > Simone Inzaghi

Fabio Cannavaro > Paolo Cannavaro

Gary Neville > Phil Neville (?)

Hamit Altintop > Halil Altintop

Rafael Da Silva > Fabio Da Silva

The Last 2 examples even prove that the same counts for twins :P

OK, The Tourés and the Xabi's were the other way around, I'll give you that.

Jordan Lukaku is only 19, so it's pretty silly to write him off yet.

Romelu was 16 when he broke through at Anderlecht as a striker, he transferred to Chelsea at the age of 18. Jordan Lukaku transferred today to KV Oostende, a team with a total budget (not just transfers) of 4 million pounds that would have difficulties staying in League Two. I'm not saying Jordan can't become a good footballer, Romelu is just way better. If you want to make a case, then talk about Fabio Da Silva or Thorgan Hazard.

Usually the younger one gets help in the academy thanks to their bro, and then manage to be trained up to lower league ability, when they would never have made it otherwise. Stealing opportunities from naturally talented kids who are below the level of these chumps brothers, but still miles better than the likes of Anton Ferdinand. We had Rooney's brothers on the books and they were bollocks.

Usually the younger one gets help in the academy thanks to their bro, and then manage to be trained up to lower league ability, when they would never have made it otherwise. Stealing opportunities from naturally talented kids who are below the level of these chumps brothers, but still miles better than the likes of Anton Ferdinand. We had Rooney's brothers on the books and they were bollocks.

John cut got from his MLS team last season I think... NY Red Bulls maybe?