IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

ah the Yaya Toure drama is back. He's been permanently benched because his agent said this about Pep "he's humiliating a great player". Pep has said Toure will no longer play until Yaya or his agent calls him to apologize and apologies to the team and then to the trainer.

Pep is such a drama queen, Toure is old but he's still decent. I'm guessing he will be sold in January.

ah the Yaya Toure drama is back. He's been permanently benched because his agent said this about Pep "he's humiliating a great player". Pep has said Toure will no longer play until Yaya or his agent calls him to apologize and apologies to the team and then to the trainer.

Pep is such a drama queen, Toure is old but he's still decent. I'm guessing he will be sold in January.

Let's be honest MJB you don't like Pep and predicted him to fail.... at this moment in time he looks like he's got them playing very well indeed.

I wasn't sure how he would do but he seems to have got them where he wants them. De bruyne looks world class.

Yaya is a prick. Quality player when he feels like it... but he generally doesn't. Disgusting attitude and pep is sorting him out.

Edited by Hafnia

even better? he's won everything there was to win. he did nothing, it was his agent, pep is taking it out on him though and not the agent which is dumb.

so the agent made up the story about the cake? I'm not saying his agent isn't a major part of the stories that come out, but this one I highly doubt was plucked out of thin air

He's been very successful, that's not in question. I'm saying he could've done even better were it not for his attitude.

Let's be honest MJB you don't like Pep and predicted him to fail.... at this moment in time he looks like he's got them playing very well indeed.

I wasn't sure how he would do but he seems to have got them where he wants them. De bruyne looks world class.

Yaya is a prick. Quality player when he feels like it... but he generally doesn't. Disgusting attitude and pep is sorting him out.

I don't like Pep and still think he will fail (he won't win champions league with man city that's my definition of fail for him, just like he failed at Bayern) you are correct. Yaya is a spoiled brat, correct.

Still the situation is crazy. Yaya knows pep hates him from barca days, why didn't he leave this summer? The paycheck is too good? Pep hates yaya, why not tell him he has no use so he's sold?

Instead we get this drama. It's just plain stupid on both their parts.

I don't like Pep and still think he will fail (he won't win champions league with man city that's my definition of fail for him, just like he failed at Bayern) you are correct. Yaya is a spoiled brat, correct.

Still the situation is crazy. Yaya knows pep hates him from barca days, why didn't he leave this summer? The paycheck is too good? Pep hates yaya, why not tell him he has no use so he's sold?

Instead we get this drama. It's just plain stupid on both their parts.

I agree with this.

http://www.espnfc.us/manchester-city/story/2955690/agent-dimitri-seluk-says-pep-guardiola-called-man-city-a-s----team-while-at-barca

it escalates further, this part is just hilarious, you can tell the agent was keeping this ace in the hole. When Toure left Barca for Man City Guardiola told him that he was leaving Barca for "a shit team". Comical because Guardiola is now the manager of that shit team.

you can't make this stuff up, just hilarious. can't wait to see how pep responds.

http://www.espnfc.us/manchester-city/story/2955690/agent-dimitri-seluk-says-pep-guardiola-called-man-city-a-s----team-while-at-barca

it escalates further, this part is just hilarious, you can tell the agent was keeping this ace in the hole. When Toure left Barca for Man City Guardiola told him that he was leaving Barca for "a shit team". Comical because Guardiola is now the manager of that shit team.

you can't make this stuff up, just hilarious. can't wait to see how pep responds.

Shit team? I think relatively speak8ng they were a shit 'team'.... not club. He left one of the best sides in Europe for the team that just finished 5th in the prem and hadn't won the league in years....

He said "team"

Shit team? I think relatively speak8ng they were a shit 'team'.... not club. He left one of the best sides in Europe for the team that just finished 5th in the prem and hadn't won the league in years....

He said "team"

Regardless the man was leaving, why rub salt in the wound? You put in 2 weeks notice at work and on your last day the boss tells you the company you're leaving for is a dump and it's gonna suck. Zero reason for that. Just pep being the arrogant prick he is.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/sep/24/footballers-400m-social-housing-dream-unveiled?CMP=fb_gu

Well done lads.

Personally I grew up in a great council house road... it had 2 big greens with "no ball games allowed" signs. I really appreciated these signs. They acted as one half of the goal. Or we used to practice trying to kick the ball at the sign.

I learnt more this way than any coaching you could get.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/sep/24/footballers-400m-social-housing-dream-unveiled?CMP=fb_gu

Well done lads.

Personally I grew up in a great council house road... it had 2 big greens with "no ball games allowed" signs. I really appreciated these signs. They acted as one half of the goal. Or we used to practice trying to kick the ball at the sign.

I learnt more this way than any coaching you could get.

Well done indeed.

However! Living at the bottom of a cul-de-sac where the local kids use our front hedge as a goal so we often get the ball hitting our front windows or door I'd happily have a "no ball games allowed" sign posted but it's not council so not going to happen. Park two minutes walk away with five a side sized goals so I don't understand the need to batter my house.

I lived in a cul-de-sac on Walton Hall Avenue. It was our football pitch and our cricket pitch. There was a lamp-post which was one of the goal posts for football and the wicket for cricket. We had an old tennis ball for football (that's why I had such brilliant ball control when I played later :D ) and an old 'corky' ball for the cricket. Don't remember anyone ever complaining or trying to stop us playing. It was always Everton v Liverpool and usually ended something like 29 -23.

Don't know why this came from the depths of my memory today. Back in the 1990's I had the pleasure of an hours chat with Henry Cooper, just me and him. He told me many stories about his career, some very funny. I remember one about when Henry and his twin brother George (also a heavyweight) were being driven through London in manager Jim Wicks car. Jim Wicks cut up a taxi driver who forced them to a stop. The taxi driver, all 5ft 8in of him, got out and ran aggressively towards them. Henry said he and George got out to calm things down and the taxi driver, who obviously didn't recognise them, said ' you are only brave cos there's two of yer'.

http://www.espnfc.us/english-fa-cup/story/2959628/efl-chief-shaun-harvey-wants-fa-cup-ties-to-shift-to-midweek

EFL chief wants to move matches to midweek so there could be a winter break.

I'd rather there be more mid week premier league games and keep the cup on the weekends otherwise it would impact the lower league initiative to get fans in of p remember clubs who have been knocked out.

are you for or against a winter break like the Bundesliga has?

I'd prefer not to have one, but space the games out better. Most teams have a break in Feb once they're knocked out of a cup or during internationals.

That said I'd rather they cut internationals, and just play more midweek to finish the season early in tournament years.

I'd prefer not to have one, but space the games out better. Most teams have a break in Feb once they're knocked out of a cup or during internationals.

That said I'd rather they cut internationals, and just play more midweek to finish the season early in tournament years.

interesting thoughts on ending the season earlier for the WC/euro years, thanks pete.