IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

How doesn't this count as cheating?

Nik Postinger@TouchlineDrama

AVB admits to blood spinning at Tottenham—"It's a technique we have used since the beginning of the season. It isn't common but does happen"

Blood-spinning: blood is taken, 'spun' in a centrifuge to increase the concentration of growth hormones, then injected back into the body.

Blood-spinning's a controversial—but not illegal—treatment that some critics have labelled as borderline cheating. Used on Defoe all season.

Isn't that the same as blood doping (which gets people banned from the Olympics?). It should be banned from football if it isn't already, I'm really surprised that it isn't illegal.

Different from doping, but I don't know whether it's allowed in other sports.

'Blood spinning is not to be confused with blood doping, the technique used by Lance Armstrong, among others, to boost endurance during the Tour de France, which is illegal.

Blood doping involves removing a half-litre of blood from the athlete a month before a race, waiting for the body to regenerate the lost red blood cells and re-infusing the initial blood 24 hours in advance to provide extra oxygen-carrying capacity.'

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/jeremy-laurance-blood-spinning--legal-but-controversial-8471887.html

I wasn't even aware MOTD was even on, and it's always difficult watching than awful show, but have a TV at hand and haven't missed much, and will get to see our highlights against WBA, even if the miserable cunts only give us a few moments of coverage or put us on last as always

I think I can tolerate a watch tonight of all things.

Reading vs Chelsea is on now.

Great stuff! They're only 5 points ahead now, but yeah probably a big ask. Will certainly enjoy MOTD tonight anyway! Just a shame Southampton couldn't get an equaliser as well, apparently they were well on top in the second half.

Just watching motd now, was a great goal for the equaliser.

I have a lot of empathy for invisible illness. Folks think you are healthy because they can't see the problem. Mental illness is like this As is Diabetes, etc etc etc.

I am an atheist but I mean it with feeling and it is the best phrase I can think of, when I say "God Bless Him"

EDIT: I was late posting to this thread so if it doesn't make sense read back two pages.

Edited by Rubecula

Completely overrated player if ever there was one. What did he do ? Take a good free kick, or pass ? People have spoken him up in the same category of Cryuff or Beckenbauer or Platini. It's all about opinions for sure, but I can't see beyond Beckham was simply an exaggerated fucking hyperbole individual. I can't wait for the day he actually does retire and say 'that's enough', and it won't be long now.

Just have to wait for one or two further, media attention, unnecessary and ill advised swansong appearances, before that's the fucking end of it all.

Edited by Dalziel Kane

I thought I felt a pang of sympathy for QPR fans, think its genuine. They didnt choose to have that tosser in charge. The reason I call him a tosser? He hired Mark Hughes and Harry Redknapp. Then he gave them both crazy amounts of cash in transfer fees and wages, giving false hope to their fans because all of it was spent on inadequate/shite players.

12.5m for Samba on 100k p/w - what does that make Baines, or any of our back four (including Hibbert!) worth? Just confirmed Jenas as well?! I think I really do feel sorry for the QPR fans.

Next Portsmouth I fear....

QPR

----------------Cesar

Onouha BenHaim Samba Traore

--------Granero Mbia Jenas

Taarabt----------------------Townsend

----------------Remy

Green

Boswinga Mbia* Hill Suk-Young

SWP Diakite Park Hoilett

Mackie Zamora

Surely Fabio, Young, Derry, Ephraim, AJ, Bothroyd, and DJ Campbell should have been off loaded. Harry Redknapp is possibly the worst manager at keeping a big squad happy, they have 30 players over the age of 21, can see this ending in tears. Already slapped Hill in the face buying 2 centre-halfs after bigging up how vital he will be for the relegation scrap. Of the players who they have managed to get rid off only Dyer is a permanent move and they received no fee.

Surely Fabio, Young, Derry, Ephraim, AJ, Bothroyd, and DJ Campbell should have been off loaded.

Fabio is on loan from Manchester United so he was never going to be off-loaded. He's shit anyway though so I'm glad he's still knocking around there.