IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

3d6ff64faa9ae311d769e841fc0b4612_normal.jpegJoseph Barton@Joey7Barton

Is that the same Paul Elliot that sat on the discipline panel that handed me a 12 match ban? #gobshite

He was taking himself ever so serious back then, with all his clueless FA buddies. Then loses his head and calls another black man a n****r?

What a fucking imbecile. I cant help but gloat at his downfall.He's the same dickhead that tried to sue another player for ending his career

...even though it was him that tried to top the player(Dean Saunders). What an idiot. #paulelliot #gobshite

Barton says it how it is and love him or not most of the time he's right.

Barton says it like he thinks it is and how you think it is....that makes him right is his opinion and yours....doesn't make him right (full stop).

The vast majority think he's wrong and a knobhead (doesn't make them right either of course).

I'm welcome to others opinions, it's just that I believe he is right. He's come out in the past and called past England managers for not playing the likes of Osman and Jagielka and sticking with Gerrard and Lampard (which I agree with) and whilst I'm not well up on the behind the scenes in the FA I like how Barton has the bottle to have a go at them. I just think that he says what most people think (and for that I like him).

I like Joey Barton, too much 'politcal correctness' and too much emphasis on not 'offending' people these days. Barton says it how it is and love him or not most of the time he's right.

He's an infant....latest evidence. "Big fucking nose" (not hard to lip read), straight out of the kiddies playground.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZStSHtYM6g

177fb44f48eaf967cea53d810a05154b_normal.jpegNik Postinger@TouchlineDrama

Remarkable that Sporting Lisbon, according to their half year report, fully own 100% of only 3 players: Pereirinha, Boulehrouz, and Pranjić.

Amid the host of third-party owned players, Sporting's rights are just 75% of Diego Capel, 65% of Rui Patrício, and 35% of Van Wolfswinkel…

Think this rules us out of any chance of us getting Dier or Wolfswinkel.

Edited by pete0

You may have a point, but if you look at the fees their players have gone for recently I don't think it would be an issue.

With Porto or Benfica the story will be different though, and it's often because of the exact opposite - Porto's strategy involves keeping or acquiring 100% of the rights of their most valuable players, so they can be in complete control and negotiate the full amount. And you don't really want to negotiate with Porto. Just last month they acquired the percentage of Moutinho's rights they were missing, they now own 100%.

Edited by Fearthainn

Completely forgot about it until too late but yesterday (1st March) was the 33rd year passing of William Ralph Dean in 1980 - arguably the greatest player this club ever had. Feel a little bad about leaving him out but surprised it wasn't mentioned elsewhere. He surely warranted a mention

RIP Mr Dean. You were immense

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2013/03/01/everton-fc-legend-dixie-dean-remembered-gallery-100252-32905718/

It was a tradition that Barcelona would never play with a sponsor. The 'Unicef' was the first one they had in their entire history and it was then replaced by the Qatar Federation when they couldn't afford to play without a main sponsor giving them income.