IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

May as well get it out the way in that this is Super Bowl weekend, and it's my home town team The Baltimore Ravens against San Francisco 49ers, and although the latter starts as favorites, they haven't won the title since 1995. They've never been able to get back to their former glories. Ravens last win was in 2001, and our only success, but can only hope they go out Sunday and bring the trophy back home again, but as a pessimist, I don't know if we can really do this. Interest has declined in this in recent years, but it would mean a lot if they can do this again and put the city back on the map once again, other than for crime statistics.

Damn surprised that kid didn't start a fucking Super Bowl thread, or argue that he had a paternal great-grandmother from Wisconsin or something and wanted to sing the national anthem later this night , but the time will soon be upon us, and this will mean little to most, but I can't help but get involved in the event. Only a few hours to go and should be a good night, and I think we'll just let everything fall as it may and let the best team win. Just another awful leather faced singer doing entertainment and anthems once again, but if you can look beyond that, it should be a good game, and them being favorites could well be to our advantage. Win or lose, its been a good run, but I have lost interest in recent years. Just not the enthusiasm there once was you understand. I don't think I'd maybe want to be in New Orleans for it, even if I could. But it doesn't get much bigger than this on the sporting calendar back home.

Football is more corrupt than people think and I've been saying this for years. If for some reason Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea and Arsenal did not qualify for the Champions League and Everton, Fulham, West Brom and Stoke City did then there would be a lot less money coming in. The FA, FIFA and UEFA look after the top clubs for increased profits and until this type of thing is brought to light it will carry on.

I'm ashamed that England is being investigated but I'm happy that something might be done about it.

The refs for the City home games against Ajax and Real Madrid would be my main two suspects.

Why?

It must go back to Big Duncs disallowed goal, That Ref was a crook.

Wasn't it Collina (I'm sure he came out of retirement for that one game and then retired again because of the way in which the match went). But yeah, thats one of the reasons why I believe football is corrupt, compared to Villareal at the time we were a small fish and FIFA/UEFA didn't want us pissing around in the Champions League and keeping a top La Liga team out.

Edited by Zoo

Wasn't it Collina (I'm sure he came out of retirement for that one game and then retired again because of the way in which the match went). But yeah, thats one of the reasons why I believe football is corrupt, compared to Villareal at the time we were a small fish and FIFA/UEFA didn't want us pissing around in the Champions League and keeping a top La Liga team out.

He was due to retire, that makes it all the more fishy that he went out on such an insignificant game for him career wise yet a very important one for UEFA.

Doubt it had a thing to do with keeping a La Liga team in the tournament, but more a case of not wanting an extra English side in the group stages.