IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

Bizarre that it looks a possibility that Watford will get promoted this season....they started their game at Hull tonight with eight loan players (Briggs [Fulham], Cassetti [udinese], Chalobah [Chelsea], Ekstrand [udinese], Anya [Granada], Abdi [udinese], Battocchio [udinese] and Vydra [udinese]) and then had another one come off the bench (Pudil from Granada).

Firstly is it morally right that a team can get that many on loan and succeed with so few of their "own" players? And what's their squad going to look like if they do come up?

Strange.

They were recently taken over so I suspect the Italians have a bit of money to sign one or two of the loans.

I remember the Leeds side that went down from the prem was made up pretty much solely on loan players but under very different circumstances. Watford seem to be using their Italian links to develop prospects whereas Leeds were just plain desperate.

I have no problem with it as in a way it's a risky strategy as come the end of the season they could have a very, very small squad. In saying that it could be a good way of bridging the gap between champ and prem without having to clear out surplus non-prem quality players who would end up in the reserves running down contracts.

Been a talking point on talksport all season..if it's within the rules i guess it's ok...could also work in their favour if promoted as they don't have to get rid of many players who aren't prem quality...if that makes sense? As long as they have a plan for the prem then fair play

There's some connection i heard..that was the fuss durham was making

Just had a google to see what he said and found this http://www.watford.vitalfootball.co.uk/sitepage.asp?a=308878

Apparently international loans are treated as permanent transfers so thats how come the clubs can use so many.

Slightly off topic, but this bit stands out. Winds me up that the callers think what TS say is gospel, annoys me even more that they do it in the 1st place.

For those who don`t know about Adrian, he has made his name by spouting opinionated rubbish on talkSPORT which he doesn`t actually believe himself, in order to generate caller interest to the station.

I think it's wrong what Watford are doing but in the end they'll fuck themselves over. It's wrong IMO that a team can gain promotion without actually playing many of its own players, that's like us suddenly loaning Barcelona's starting eleven and claiming that we are the best team in England. It's just not right.

As I've said it will bite them on the arse though, you need stability to stay in the Premier League so even if Watford replace their loanee's with other players they will go down. QPR have proved that buying in bulk gets you nowhere.

I think it's wrong what Watford are doing but in the end they'll fuck themselves over. It's wrong IMO that a team can gain promotion without actually playing many of its own players, that's like us suddenly loaning Barcelona's starting eleven and claiming that we are the best team in England. It's just not right.

As I've said it will bite them on the arse though, you need stability to stay in the Premier League so even if Watford replace their loanee's with other players they will go down. QPR have proved that buying in bulk gets you nowhere.

Once Watford are promoted, they'll become the family's priority due to the amount of money available, the income would eclipse that of Udinese and Granada combined.

Cal Crutchlow looking impressive ahead of the first MotoGP on Sunday....split Lorenzo and Rossi in the top three in first timed practice (only five hundredths behind Lorenzo). Be nice if he could take a step or two up from last season.

Crutchlow is looking impressive this season and it's good to see. IMO he would have been up there with Lorenzo and Pedrosa last season had he managed to keep the bike on the tarmac more. I said once he matures he will be World Champion and based on the times so far in Qatar I'm talking sense, I really hope he can keep it together and challenge.

Jesus Mike, I recorded the qualifying and didn't want to know the result. I didn't think that it would be discussed in here (my fault). I'm pleased to hear that Cal ended up second, I doubt that he will win because Lorenzo is so strong but I don't see why he can't end up on the podium. He'll have to be on top of his game though because the likes of Rossi, Pedrosa and Marquez will be hot on his heels which could make him fault.

Lorenzo I feel will win the race by a good 10 seconds or so. I'm predicting him to get a good start and get further and further away from the pack as they all fight for 2nd (which I'd be happy with).