IGNORED

Baines

Why not? If a good enough offer comes in BK will sell him, regardless of weather or not he has handed in a transfer request (which I wouldn't think he'd ever do).

Both BK and RM has said that no-one is leaving unless release clauses are reached. Felli has one, Baines does not.

Its easy to forget things that are said a month ago but lets not forget this.

I believe them, I think it was one of the things that BK promised RM when they were negotiating.

Both BK and RM has said that no-one is leaving unless release clauses are reached. Felli has one, Baines does not.

Its easy to forget things that are said a month ago but lets not forget this.

I believe them, I think it was one of the things that BK promised RM when they were negotiating.

I really want to believe BK, but with whats happend in the past I just cant. I dont understand why he can't just say that there is a possibility that we could lose one or two players, however we dont plan on selling any. Why cant he just be blunt for once instead of sugar coating shit?

Guest blueboy122

Where did I write pounds lol?

One would assume you were talking about the currency that is used in the country of the club we are on this forum for.

I really want to believe BK, but with whats happend in the past I just cant. I dont understand why he can't just say that there is a possibility that we could lose one or two players, however we dont plan on selling any. Why cant he just be blunt for once instead of sugar coating shit?

my fear is at 10.45pm on deadline day Geoff Shreeves hands over to Vinny O'Connor outside goodison park where he interviews Bill Kenwright who states

"really it is with sad regret that we are selling Leighton, we offered him a new contract which he didn't sign, and only just 10 minutes ago I got off the phone to David Moyes and accepted a £15m bid - which may I add is a club record fee received for a left back. It is a little late in the day to do some business but Roberto is fully confident that Sylain can do a great job at left back. We didn't want to sell Leighton but he made it clear that he wanted to work with Steve Round again so we couldn't stand in his way"

Guest blueboy122

The player in question plays for Madrid, and cost Madrid 30m. Why would they pay in pounds? :shaking fist:

Right.... Probably just easier to say euros then.

Guest blueboy122

or not be so pedantic about stuff that really isn't of importance ? :dont know:

Nobody is being pedantic your just being your annoying normal self. The whole argument was we weren't going to get anything bigger than around 20 million POUNDS for Baines who is 28 and hardly any full backs go for that price and your argument was the lad Real Madrid signed cost them 30 million when infact he didn't he cost them that he cost around 24 million and was a lot younger and was capped a lot more times by his country than Baines is.

Your argument was a non starter so stop trying to create an argument out of nothing.

If this clause runs out in the next few days then we can expect to get £25 plus will Moyes go to that? with the negative press he has had not getting Thiago and Fabregas I doubt it. Fans will change their mind once he had signed but Moyes needs to get his first signing spot on cos that squad isn't good enough to win the prem especially if Rooney goes. If Moyes takes the plunge we can afford McCarthy and another centre mid and use our own money for a wide man

Nobody is being pedantic your just being your annoying normal self. The whole argument was we weren't going to get anything bigger than around 20 million POUNDS for Baines who is 28 and hardly any full backs go for that price and your argument was the lad Real Madrid signed cost them 30 million when infact he didn't he cost them that he cost around 24 million and was a lot younger and was capped a lot more times by his country than Baines is.

Your argument was a non starter so stop trying to create an argument out of nothing.

That wasn't my intention mate, but let's move on. I just think 16m 'quid' is too cheap, and wouldn't be much use to us in terms of benefit.

my fear is at 10.45pm on deadline day Geoff Shreeves hands over to Vinny O'Connor outside goodison park where he interviews Bill Kenwright who states

"really it is with sad regret that we are selling Leighton, we offered him a new contract which he didn't sign, and only just 10 minutes ago I got off the phone to David Moyes and accepted a £15m bid - which may I add is a club record fee received for a left back. It is a little late in the day to do some business but Roberto is fully confident that Sylain can do a great job at left back. We didn't want to sell Leighton but he made it clear that he wanted to work with Steve Round again so we couldn't stand in his way"

I would see red. Its the sort of antics BK would get up to though! So far this pre-season I've been quite happy with him though. He's thrown a few quid at Martinez and we've got the majority of business done early which is ideal since we always seem to tie up deadline deals. On top of that (I think I'm right in saying) he's promised us a big signing too. However, I'm worried that the money hasn't just come from the massive wage difference between DM and Bobby, but the fact that he knows it's inevitable that we are going to lose either Fellaini or Baines.

I think that someone will meet the buy-out clause for Felli, there'll be a bit of an auction and he'll go for around 25 mill. That will leave a couple of weeks for us to get a couple of really decent signings in before deadline day (striker and midfield replacement) and I expect most Evertonians will be happy with that. I believe Bainesy will stay.

I think that someone will meet the buy-out clause for Felli, there'll be a bit of an auction and he'll go for around 25 mill. That will leave a couple of weeks for us to get a couple of really decent signings in before deadline day (striker and midfield replacement) and I expect most Evertonians will be happy with that. I believe Bainesy will stay.

There will be NO auction. If the clause is at 24, and two or more clubs meet it then they are all entitled to speak to the player. The only auction will then be signing on bonus and wages. All going to Felli and his agent. Everton will only get the 24 mil. (still plenty to replace him with)

Edited by Peter H

There will be NO auction. If the clause is at 24, and two or more clubs meet it then they are all entitled to speak to the player. The only auction will then be signing on bonus and wages. All going to Felli and his agent. Everton will only get the 24 mil. (still plenty to replace him with)

You watch. Teams will wait for the clause to expire then come in crappy bids of £15m and he will get sold on the last day with no time for a replacement and a big speech on sky sports news from Kenwright

I have no idea why people don't understand this!