• Diniyar Bilyaletdinov
    • Steven Pienaar
    • Tim Cahill
    • Ayegbeni Yakubu
    • Louis Saha
    • Tony Hibbert
    • Jermaine Beckford

pollresizear5.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Baines 57

Distin 39

Pienaar 38

Cahill 34

Fellaini 26

Howard 22

Yakubu 22

Coleman 19

Osman 17

Hibbert 7

Arteta 7

Jagielka 8

Rodwell 5

Beckford 3

Gueye 3

Neville 2

Bilyaletdinov 2

Heitinga 1

MOTM winners....

Liverpool (H)...Tim Cahill

Birmingham (A)...Leon Osman

Fulham (A)...Steven Pienaar

Brentford (A)...Seamus Coleman

Newcastle (H)...Sylvain Distin

Manchester United (H)...Tim Howard

Aston Villa (A)...Leighton Baines

Huddersfield (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Wolves (H)...Sylvain Distin

Blackburn (A)...Leighton Baines

If we had another player on the pitch instead of Heitinga today, we would have won that game cos he was awful, missed all his tackles and whenever he had the ball he continually gave it to white shirts or put it out of play, which inevitably stopped our attacks from progressing. He looked as tho he didnt want to be here

Bilyaletdinov was another who did Fook all, we should sell them two in January and bring in two players that want to play.

My MOTM was deffo Pienaar.

apart from the goal, i tohught it was a very strong defensive preformance. Jonny h was obviously not fit enough to be on the pitch, amazed he came out for the second half. i suspect if we had still been 1-0 up we wouldnt have seen him.

I went for distan again (two on the trot???) as personally i think he was just as good as last week. i cant remember him putting a foot wrong and controlled the defence with jags well.

Coleman and Baines were fantastic. Howard was awful. Cahill was very tired and not at his best. Jagielka was a bit rusty. Distin played hard but went missing and misjudged a few crucial balls. Heitinga was quiet. Pienaar ran his backside off.

Man of the match had to go to Modric. He commanded the entire match.

For us i will go with Coleman. I thought Baines did okay although his set pieces apart from the goal weren't great and he made a few sloppy mistakes in defence.

Modric.

apart from the goal, i tohught it was a very strong defensive preformance. Jonny h was obviously not fit enough to be on the pitch, amazed he came out for the second half. i suspect if we had still been 1-0 up we wouldnt have seen him.

I went for distan again (two on the trot???) as personally i think he was just as good as last week. i cant remember him putting a foot wrong and controlled the defence with jags well.

Distin did alright, for his moments of genius he had two bewildering moments!

Jags was easily the stand out performer for me and I am totally amazed that anyone could think he looked rusty :blink:

Baines and Piennar both did well and I actually thought Bily did ok first half although we did carry him in the second half, unlike Johnny H who we carried for the entire game

I also thought Phil Neville handled Gareth Bale superbly

All things considered I thought it was a good point

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

I went for Jags as there were a few occassions when he got blocks in when, if missed, Spurs would have been through on goal. So, match saver for me.

Howard... as good as he can be his lapses to these types of errors or propensity to get beaten from 30+ yards continues to wrankle.

Baines, quality free-kick. Take note for when Arteta come back and resumes responsibility, players in the wall have fear!

Saha did nothing when he came on for me. Heitinga, comments about his fitness aside, if we don't want to play him CB then when Felli and Rodwell are back fit I'd struggle to justify a place in the starting XI

Apart from one attempt at a 40 yard cross field ball that went no-where near the intended target (which happens every game) Jags snatched it for me.

Jags for mine. His composure at the back is so important to us.

Overall though most players contributed throughout the game.

Howard's mistake was obviously a big one, but he did make some important saves.

Bilyaletdinov is a concern - looks too slow to me to play on the left side.

Thought Coleman was really good too. Looked like Moyes gave him the job of assisting Neville in containing Bale and they did a fantastic job.