• Seamus Coleman
    • Mikel Arteta
    • Steven Pienaar
    • Ayegbeni Yakubu
    • Tim Cahill
    • Louis Saha
    • Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

pollresizear5.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Baines 75

Pienaar 44

Distin 40

Cahill 34

Fellaini 26

Yakubu 23

Howard 22

Jagielka 21

Coleman 20

Osman 17

Hibbert 7

Arteta 7

Rodwell 5

Neville 4

Beckford 3

Gueye 3

Bilyaletdinov 2

Heitinga 1

MOTM winners....

Spurs (A)...Leighton Baines

Liverpool (H)...Tim Cahill

Birmingham (A)...Leon Osman

Fulham (A)...Steven Pienaar

Brentford (A)...Seamus Coleman

Newcastle (H)...Sylvain Distin

Manchester United (H)...Tim Howard

Aston Villa (A)...Leighton Baines

Huddersfield (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Wolves (H)...Sylvain Distin

Blackburn (A)...Leighton Baines

ive looked at this for about 15 mins now... Distin probably was the best all round to be fair. Dont remember him puttin a foot wrong. Arteta was much better today but should leave all setpieces for Baines who had a very good game too. He looked tired in the last 20 mintues though and was lucky to be deemed 'fouled' for their goal rolleyes.gif . Pienaar put in a shift though didnt do as well as i expect him to do, as did Cahill who was battered senseless. He couldve been raped on the field and wouldnt have got a freekick. Not sure I agree about Saha making a "lively" appearance, dont think he added much. Yak played well and a cracking goal but still goes down quicker than a cheap hooker, still second best player out there, good to see him smiling again. Pip was solid, Coleman made too many little mistakes but tried hard and Howard had nothing to do. Johnny was unfortunately average again but worked hard i suppose. Bily wasnt on the pitch long enough (that why hes missing from the above Mike?) to really judge though wish he had hit it once he had intercepted it.

Average game but 3 points, so not going to complain too much.

Bily wasnt on the pitch long enough (that why hes missing from the above Mike?) to really judge though wish he had hit it once he had intercepted it.

Updated now....not at home and struggling with wi-fi connection, hence the delay.

Saw nothing of the game but it seems to me to be the sort of performance against a particular type of opposition at Goodison that all too often ends in a 0-0.

So I'll happily take the three points and move on :) .

No idea on MOTM.

A lot of people could have had it today. Yakubu looked on good form and scored a great goal past Sorensen to win us the game. Mikel Arteta bossed the midfield and was unlucky not to score himself when he hit the post. At the back Jagielka, Distin and Distin had good games with Howard not having a make a save (I don't think?)

Anyways, went for Yakubu. I would have gone for Coleman but towards the end he seemed to dissapear.

Billy was good too when he came on - get off his back now ffs, he's doing well for us.

Given it to Johnny today. He's been poor this season but he was much better today. Helped to free up Arteta in midfield a little more and was getting a little more stuck in, his passing range was closer to where it was during his good run for us at the end of last season.

No real star performers today but Yak, Pienaar, Distin and Baines all did well throughout. Everyone just stuck to their jobs today.

Given it to Johnny today. He's been poor this season but he was much better today. Helped to free up Arteta in midfield a little more and was getting a little more stuck in, his passing range was closer to where it was during his good run for us at the end of last season.

No real star performers today but Yak, Pienaar, Distin and Baines all did well throughout. Everyone just stuck to their jobs today.

Johnny? Really? He didnt commit to anything!

Giving it to the big man Yakubu.

Best performance from him this season by far. And I'm pretty sure he's not even fully fit yet.

And speaking of Arteta, was it just me or did anyone else think he had a shocking first half? Saw at least 7-8 shit passes/touches from him. Picked up heaps in the second though.

Giving it to the big man Yakubu.

Best performance from him this season by far. And I'm pretty sure he's not even fully fit yet.

And speaking of Arteta, was it just me or did anyone else think he had a shocking first half? Saw at least 7-8 shit passes/touches from him. Picked up heaps in the second though.

I was beginning to think I'd gone mad :lol:.

I went for Yakubu, its important for our aspirations that we get our big man scoring and he looks sharper and sharper with each game.

Jags & Distin were absolute rocks.

Arteta & Heitinga were much better than they generally have been yesterday and it was also a good cameo from Billy at the end.