IGNORED

Duffy And Baxter

Romey 1878

Do you think Preston would be a good club to go on loan to?

I'm of the opinion that any move would be good, so long as he gets playing competitive football at a relatively high level. Especially when you consider the crucial stage that Shane is at in his career. He is too old for the U18s (I think), not yet ready for the first team and with reserve games occurring very rarely, it must be difficult to develop one's game.

I heard whispers of Baxter moving to Scunthorpe. I suppose the same questions apply to him.

It doesn't specify 'this season', marcopaolo. It must be talking about overall appearances.

that's a good point. also...

In August 2008 he became the youngest player to be handed a Premier League start for the Toffees in their match at West Brom at the age of 16 years and 198 days.

i'll read it all next time i promise :lol:

i'll read it all next time i promise :lol:

Ha, I should do that too... I just scanned over the article as well. :lol:

With regard to that post on NSNO, Romey, I had a look at the Preston squad and there are quite a few younger guys from the NI underage set-up that Shane would be friendly with, as well as 3 Ireland internationals. All in all, it seems that Preston might also be a good move in terms of being able to settle in easily as well.

RE Everton_Worshiper: It's interesting you should joke about the talents of St. Ledger. He's held in high regard by Ireland fans who feel that the move would be fantastic for Shane, considering that he would have the opportunity to learn from a 'great defender' like St Ledger :lol: To be fair though, he's not that bad. Championship may be his level, but he has been linked with a few Prem clubs and Trapattoni seems to rate him.

I was probably the 1st person on this forum to shout for St Ledger as a possible target, he was about 18 and playing with Peterborough at the time.

Got to say tho that he hasn't improved as much as i thought he might, he's not a bad player but not a top tier player.

• 1 month later...

quicker duffy goes on loan the better!!! if moyes thinks hibbert was a good replacement for jags on tue nite,,,,,then i think he has lost the plot! settled for a 1-1 againt westham! get urself a set of balls moyes in the transfer window!!!!!

Couldnt agree more... People are quick to jump on the Moyes brings in the youth but apart from Rodwell (who probably wouldnt be playing as much as he is if it werent for him doing well at the start of last season when everyone was injured) no-one else has reall be given a proper go in the real first team. It took Seamus over half a season to get a go and Gueye hasnt even had a whiff. Im gutted for Duffy, it cant be much longer til he is given a real go.

Surely if neither Jags or Heits are fit for Stoke he wont contemplate starting Hibbert against Jones and Duffy should get the nod. Will be a tough physical game for him to be introduced into but from what I have seen of him, im sure he will love it!

Duffy played at Goodison last season in a Europa Cup game and he was magnificent. I recall saying at the time that his was the best debut I had ever seen from a kid at Goodison. I'm aware he had that freak accident from which he has now fully recovered so why send him out on loan, we have need of him now, we needed him against WH but he was left to warm the bench. It used to the case that young players were nurtured as they progressed through the ranks, good ones were never farmed out elsewhere, I do believe that such action is a load of bollocks. Colin Harvey, Brian Harris, Joe Royle and many others had baptisms of fire and succeeded because management at that time believed in them, what sort of message does this send to kids, 'push off we are thinking of flogging you as you are not good enough' We need players to have confidence at all levels, lets bring our kids on by showing faith in them rather than by giving them negative messages.

In case anyone says it did Ossie and Seamus no harm, young Vaughan has been told he can go which is a joke when you look at the form of our strikers. When the likes of Harvey et al played subs hadn't been invented, they couldn't come on at anytime, if they got the nod it normally meant they were in from the off, Management is about sending the right messages to players, this again is a bad move in my book